| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fall 2012 shows - whatchoo watchin'?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 pm 
Semen Strong

I forgot about Revenge! Yay!

I need to stop watching Private Practice. That show is just terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:25 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Tofulish wrote:
I need to stop watching Private Practice. That show is just terrible.

I think I am the only person I have ever met who likes it. And I love it. a) Everybody is very, very good looking. b) It's is a mainstream show that is pro-choice and talks about it. That makes me happy and want to support it.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:50 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I wasn't blown away by Elementary, but it ended with Watching the Detectives - any show that prominently features Elvis Costello in the soundtrack gets my approval. I spent most of the episode just comparing it to BBC's Sherlock, which is probably not fair but still inevitable. Love the gender swapping, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:51 am 

elouise wrote:
I wasn't blown away by Elementary, but it ended with Watching the Detectives - any show that prominently features Elvis Costello in the soundtrack gets my approval. I spent most of the episode just comparing it to BBC's Sherlock, which is probably not fair but still inevitable. Love the gender swapping, though.

I just watched it. I think I would have liked it a lot more if not for BBC's Sherlock, which isn't really fair because few things are as good as BBC's Sherlock. I do think I'll stick with it, though.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:30 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Tofulish wrote:

And in obvious news: Guys with Kids is terrible. I want to carry Jimmy Fallon in a frontfacing Bjorn as punishment.

I gave it 10-15 mins. It's all I was able to endure.

I wanted to like Revolution since I've heard some people raving about it, but I just can't do it. I didn't find one single thing appealing about that show. It's so painfully predictable and the storylines are overplayed. I'll just stick with Walking Dead for my post apocalyptic fix.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:09 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i'm not the only one who watches private practice, hurray!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:08 am 
Dead by dawn

I will give Revolution one more episode. I haven't really had a series to watch for a couple of years. I tried a few last fall but none stuck. I was looking forward to this because I like post-apocalyptic stuff. But it kinda sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am 
WELFARIST!

j-dub wrote:
elouise wrote:

I just watched it. I think I would have liked it a lot more if not for BBC's Sherlock, which isn't really fair because few things are as good as BBC's Sherlock. I do think I'll stick with it, though.

I don't really like BBC's Sherlock as much as most people it seems so that could be why I really liked Elementary. I wasn't blown away by it but I like it enough that I'm going to keep watching unless it starts to get terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:03 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Bob's Burgers season premiere tonight! I thought I had missed it, phew. I wish Netflix or Hulu would hurry up and get season 2. Fox has a few episodes available online but not all of them.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

The Mindy Project: I was a bit disappointed by the pilot, but will give it a few more episodes before I decide.

Guys With Kids: It is really cheesy, and the laugh track is a bit annoying, but I still kinda liked it, we'll see how I feel in a month or so; I was really excited about Up All Night last year, and gave up after 3 episodes, so I'm wondering if this will be similar.

The New Normal: Is it bad that I love how offensive this show is? The dinner party/Obama love fest scene was a bit too political for me, but there are so many good one liners thrown in at random spots that I still liked the episode. I thought it would be an edgier Modern Family. Not quite as well written though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:47 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Did anyone watch Criminal Minds? I hear it started on Thursday. Being across the pond and having internet t.v only, I'm not able to watch it yet.

Any reviews?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

revolution - is the blond brother in the 2nd ep diff than the first ep? he looks different?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:44 am 
Flounceiad 2011

We watched the first episode of Call the Midwife last night - so far, so good! It's based on a memoir by a woman who worked in the East End in the 1950s, and was a big hit in the UK. (Of course, the mid-century, working class British midwife story par excellence is Mike Leigh's stupendous Vera Drake, but I'm intrigued enough by this to keep watching.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_the_Midwife_(TV_series)

Since the TV was already tuned to PBS, we kept it going with the first episode of the new Upstairs, Downstairs, which was also pretty good (then again, I love Alison Steadman in anything). So based on last night, it looks like Sunday evenings are going to be All Anglophilia, All the Time around here this fall!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:23 pm 
Dead by dawn

monkeytoes wrote:
I will give Revolution one more episode. I haven't really had a series to watch for a couple of years. I tried a few last fall but none stuck. I was looking forward to this because I like post-apocalyptic stuff. But it kinda sucks.

Bah. Reference to "The Stand" notwithstanding, this show's just dumb. It could be really good, but it's just not. And that's sad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:24 am 
Tofu Pup

I thought Vegas was pretty good and Jersey Girl was predicable but could have promise. I am still waiting to see Nashville.

Revenge was awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 pm 
Semen Strong

Grey's Anatomy might be too dark for me. I think Sandra Oh's acting is terrific, and I like Ellen Pompeo, and the writing for the big epidodes is really great, but I think I need a little more light. Its fine writing to balance both - I feel like Dexter walked that line really well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 pm 

Oh man, Revolution is so bad. I just can't. I want so badly for it to be good but there is zero charisma on board, there is zero chemistry between anyone and anyone and the plot makes pretty much no sense.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:28 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i am watching so many shows (new and old) that i'm embarrassed to list them all. but of the new ones, so far i am liking:

the mindy project
the new normal (except that i am SO OVER ellen barkin's character)
ben & kate
go on (but this is mostly fueled by chandler-love and that funny blonde lady with the cats)

i also tentatively like elementary and 666 park avenue, but i've only seen the pilot for those so far.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm still watching Revolution and I just have to say that the main female character is so ANNOYING to me. I know she's trying to get her bro back and promised to take care of him, but PLEEEZE stop whining and asking a million questions! I'm just hoping she gets less annoying...though maybe I'm alone in finding her so annoying?

I'm also liking Go On and 666 Park Avenue; Vegas, Elementary and The Mob Doctor seem OK (though I could take it or leave it on all three), and there are a few others I can't think of right now (must take or leave them too).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Still watching/Liking:
Parks and Rec
The Office
666 Park Avenue
Mindy Project
X-factor
Bob's Burgers
Grey's

shiitake list:
Revolution
Ben and Kate
Mob Doctor
New Normal
New Girl
The Voice

I'm undecided on Elementary and I'm for some reason still watching Glee even though it pains me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 pm 
Tofu Pup

Watching:
The Mob Doctor -- combo of a doctor show and organized crime.
Sons of Anarchy -- violent motorcycle gang full of people I would never associate with in real life, and yet I root for some of the characters nonetheless. Riveting show with depth if you can take the violence.
Major Crimes -- actually better than The Closer
Made in Jersey -- not bad, not great
Vegas -- Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid -- what's not to like here?
The Good Wife -- wonderful show. I've seen every episode.

Saw one time only:
The Neighbors -- really stupid. So bad it is almost good. Maybe worth watching once for a laugh or two.

Looking forward to:
The Walking Dead
Southland

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 pm 

Whovian wrote:
I'm just hoping she gets less annoying...though maybe I'm alone in finding her so annoying?

NOT alone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:26 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I had to drop Revolution and Last Resort. I have literally too much tv to watch! If they survive the season, I can always catch up later.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:41 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I couldn't watch Revolution for more than five minutes it is so bad.

Last night I watched Nashville and I really enjoyed it. I don't know if it's because my love of Connie Britton has completely overwhelmed the country music and the cheese but I thought it was great. I think my Mom would really like it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:00 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

LazySmurf wrote:

Last night I watched Nashville and I really enjoyed it. I don't know if it's because my love of Connie Britton has completely overwhelmed the country music and the cheese but I thought it was great. I think my Mom would really like it.

I'm pretty sure I liked it solely because of my love for Connie Britton, but I'm okay with that. She was great in it, and it's worth it just to hear her say "y'all" some more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next