| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:07 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I like how the designs were supposed to reflect their heritages, and then almost none of them did. Gunnar was trying way too hard to create something super meaningful. I sympathize with the bullying thing, but what does that have to do with the challenge?

I kind of did see the menstrual pad comparison in Ven's dress. I don't know which of his two was worse and have no idea how he's still in the competition.

I'm actually rooting for Melissa, but that could be because her style is the most similar to mine (except for this week, but at least it was still a decent dress).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:10 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

God dammit, Ven sucks. At least Gunnar tried to make something interesting, Ven knew he was sending out the same ol' same ol'.

And thank god that Christopher and Gunnar have accepted their destiny as BFFs.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:27 am 
Married to the wolfman

I thought both of Ven's dresses (the maxi pad one and the one he sent out) were pretty awful this week. It was like he couldn't think of a print... and then he couldn't think of what to do with it... and rather than continuing to think about it, he just decided to put together a plain white dress and then tack a little bit of the print on. Bleck.

Could not believe Fabio was safe this week. I screamingly hated everything about his outfit and his look. It made his model look like a walking rectangle with a bowl cut.

Hated Christopher's too, which gave his model bizarre bulk in the middle. Hated Gunnar's look overall but I actually liked his print, just thought he applied it badly.

Melissa's dress bored the hell out of me. It looked like something you'd buy off of modcloth. To me there was nothing really special about her print at all. Elena's thing was not bad, better than I thought it would be when I saw her print. Loved Sonjie's pants but wondered who on earth would wear them... loved Dmitry's jacket and top. The skirt was kind of a throwaway piece but he had so much going on on top it didn't matter.

Is it just me or was there really minimal drama this week? I liked that.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:22 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Gunnar was starting to be nice....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I really don't think he deserved to go home. And i'm not just saying that because his neck beard is my favorite thing this season.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:38 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I think it was Christopher's week to go home. His dress was awful. Ven is a complete arse, but he does have more skills than Christopher or Gunnar. I'd LOVE to see Ven crank out another "flower" next week and have Heidi ream him, though. And I don't want to see him at the end. Pretty sure the reason Christopher's hideous dress got a pass is because he continues to provide very usable sound bites and drama for the producers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 pm 

So does Ven tell his sister he cannot create clothing for her because she is plus sized?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I thought that too, missmuffcake.

coldandsleepy wrote:
I thought both of Ven's dresses (the maxi pad one and the one he sent out) were pretty awful this week. It was like he couldn't think of a print... and then he couldn't think of what to do with it... and rather than continuing to think about it, he just decided to put together a plain white dress and then tack a little bit of the print on. Bleck.

Exactely!

I still don't know why Christopher covered up his print. Yes, it was bright. So what? I didn't think Gunnar's effort was that bad. And Sonjia... oh, just pants in your print? How Mondo. Well executed, though. Elena's was cute. Fabio: MEH.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Aw, I should've known it was bye-bye to Ven. They gave him a serious redemption edit. Chao to Ven!

Debra Messing's comment about Dimitry's look being too revealing was bizzaro. Because little children don't know about tummies or something. At least you couldn't see any underboob (as in Elena's).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:12 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

SO glad Ven is gone. But the challenge was pretty stupid. I actually liked Fabio's, although I can see why they would pick Chris's. Normally I love Melissa, but her design was just weird. I was expecting some sort of leather monstrosity based on her usual style until I heard the words "hot pink" come out of her mouth. And then the bust line was almost the same one she used in a past challenge, except this time it ended up looking like a bad Klaus Nomi imitation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:43 am 
Inflexitarian

dimitry should have won because i can't see the rockettes kicking around in chris' design even though it's a nice thought.

when michael kors said that origami rose could be ven's drag name, i laughed so hard.

tonight's episode was pretty darn boring.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:06 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Yeah the shirt on Chris' was not so great, plus I don't imagine that it would look that great to someone in the back row.

And yes, boring! I know some people are happy when there is less drama, but yaaawn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:49 pm 

borinngggg....i thought Chris' was creative but kinda boring...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:19 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Looooooved Dmitry's. I knew Chris would win pretty much as soon as I saw his design because he knew he was marketing to people who really love reflecting on how much they love NYC.

Elena's was a disaster but at least she tried. I think the judges made the right decision.

It blew my mind that Melissa was top 3. I didn't like Fabio's suit of armor either but still.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:30 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I'm a little bit starting to not care.

And Dmitry should have won and someone should have made something non-crappy and not a dress for the girl outfit because that dress was the kind of thing that could only be worn by children who don't eat, crawl, walk, or play. I would dress my kid in Dmitry's in a heartbeat. All the boy stuff was pretty good, but the most conventional thing won. I'm not really sure how a sweatsuit is creative.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think the sweatsuit was cute because it looked like a dressy suit, with the blazer and elbow pads, but I definitely preferred Dmitry's out of all the boys' outfits. I wasn't really into any of the girls'. Melissa's monster face on her jacket was kind of cute, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:10 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ariann wrote:
I'm a little bit starting to not care......

I'm late to the PR Season 10 party, but I agree. When I first started watching this series I found it hard to get into to, not that I want all the contestants to have outrageous personalities, but I really don't have a favorite yet or even a few whose personalities I really dig.

However, that being said, I admit I was excited when I heard on the radio (we don't have tv we just watch a handful of things for free through hulu.com or directly on network websites) that they are doing another PR All Stars that I think will air on Oct 12! I really liked the last All Stars so I will definitely tune in for this next one.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:12 pm 
Inflexitarian

another boring episode complete with crying fake babies. ugh!

i almost wish ven wasn't eliminated last week because watching him struggle through this week's challenge would've made it more interesting.

dimitry's hood immediately conjured up kkk imagery and once i saw it, i couldn't avoid seeing it.

sonje earned her win but chris' look was just silly. how is having a bunch of snapped on flower and leaves practical?????

i wonder if the designers get a cut of the profits for their designs because you know heidi is going to make a lot of money off of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:41 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I'm getting pretty bored with this season, too. Every challenge has been silly and gimmick-y, so I don't have any idea what most of the designers' styles are like. I think they mentioned that next week will be an avant garde challenge, so at least that might be more interesting than designing boring baby outfits from a limited choice of fabrics to fit in with an existing collection.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think it is seriously outrageous that Sonjia keeps calling outfits homeless. Unacceptable. I do not wish her any success.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm 
Inflexitarian

celyn wrote:
I think it is seriously outrageous that Sonjia keeps calling outfits homeless. Unacceptable. I do not wish her any success.

how old is she?
i chalked that comment up to her being a mixture of young and not knowing any better.
this is not to say it's right or acceptable.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

She has said it on two episodes now. I don't care how old she is--she does not get a pass on this. It's vile. And she's at least 27.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:52 pm 

stupid babies...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:33 am 
Inflexitarian

much like the Lard and taylor challenge, chris' design looks nothing like the original.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp ... 54197&sr=1

and it has a zipper!

in general, $30 for a 0-24 month is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bookwormbethie wrote:
However, that being said, I admit I was excited when I heard on the radio (we don't have tv we just watch a handful of things for free through hulu.com or directly on network websites) that they are doing another PR All Stars that I think will air on Oct 12! I really liked the last All Stars so I will definitely tune in for this next one.

This is going to be a trainwreck... Wendy Pepper! Casanova! I'm giggling already.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 29  Next