| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1092, 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098 ... 1842  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:51 pm 
Dead by dawn

acr wrote:
how am i so good at jeopardy but so bad at bar trivia?

A question I've asked myself many a time. I was killing it last night. Biker boy was all kinds of "you know that?!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I shouldn't internet while eating. I just ate a sizable portion of a paper towel (sandwich was messy, so I was holding it with a paper towel). I don't know how I ate so much of it without noticing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:01 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I shouldn't internet while eating. I just ate a sizable portion of a paper towel (sandwich was messy, so I was holding it with a paper towel). I don't know how I ate so much of it without noticing!

Think of it as extra fiber. Some commercial high fiber breads contain cellulose made from wood pulp. Yum!

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:51 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Every time I meet someone now I am just like, HEY MY KITTEN DIED SHE WAS ONLY 9 MONTHS OLD I CRY ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is possible I need to rethink my social strategy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:30 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

One of my cats just came into the house to use the catbox, then went back into the garden... little bugger...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:16 am 
Seagull of the PPK

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

if i want breakfast, it has to be during my AM email check, so my keyboard is basically my food storeroom for the apocalypse/zombie invasion/Y2K. I could easily feed a family from all the crumbs in this thing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 am 
ugh

Museum Day is tomorrow! http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/
You and a guest can get into tons of museums all over the US for free if you fill out a form on the website (they email you a ticket).

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

UGH. Huff Post article on veganism, and I not only read the comments, but I commented. Someone claimed that 90% of the population of India is vegan! The fork you talkin' about! The actual article is decent/fine, just talks about common newbie pitfalls, tells people to take B12 and plan well. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/27/vegan-diet-mistakes-pitfalls-plant-based-eating_n_1919293.html

Seriously though, 90% of India is vegan. It's almost like, 'You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:58 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

PPKing from PDX! About to go out for awesome unfamiliar city adventures.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 pm 

zwingtip wrote:
PPKing from PDX! About to go out for awesome unfamiliar city adventures.

So jealous! Have fun, be safe, and eat a donut for me!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:16 pm 
ugh

I like when someone I know is spreading misinformation, so I tell them, and they're like, "Stop being so negative." In other words, agree with my not-facts or you're being mean!

Also - anybody else really really annoyed by Tony Robbins?

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Help!

I feel really antisocial. I mean, just want to burrow under blankets and read or sleep antisocial. I also just had my period, and I always have a nasty depressive dip right after.

Problem is my aunt and uncle are visiting from Ireland. My mom is pissed, and they probably feel I'm avoiding them. I like them a lot! They are great fun. It's all me.

If I force myself to come upstairs, I feel like I'm drowning in quicksand or something and just want to get away.

How do I pretend to not be antisocial? It's not like I get to see them very often!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:38 pm 

Once I'm sure about a situation or how I feel, being subtle is hard for me;

Yesterday I mailed the team-leader that I had the intention to not show up at the "semi-evaluation talk" cause we already had a long talk about work issues a couple of weeks ago, that these talks seem useless to me cause nothing ever changes anyway, and that at this point such a talk would add so much stress that I most likely wouldn't be able to avoid calling in sick.
(that was the mildest way of saying it, or perhaps the best way I could censor my real thoughts)

I got a reply that for this time he'll cancel the talk, but will store the email in my personal file at HRM.

Not sure what that means, but I'm really happy I won't have a talk about how things are going at work!
This improved my sleep last night (no frustrating dreams about work) and I feel like I can look forward to a relatively care free weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

This whole quarter-life crisis thing is wearing on me. Too many feels.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:10 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Veg_Eric wrote:
Once I'm sure about a situation or how I feel, being subtle is hard for me;

Yesterday I mailed the team-leader that I had the intention to not show up at the "semi-evaluation talk" cause we already had a long talk about work issues a couple of weeks ago, that these talks seem useless to me cause nothing ever changes anyway, and that at this point such a talk would add so much stress that I most likely wouldn't be able to avoid calling in sick.
(that was the mildest way of saying it, or perhaps the best way I could censor my real thoughts)

I got a reply that for this time he'll cancel the talk, but will store the email in my personal file at HRM.

Not sure what that means, but I'm really happy I won't have a talk about how things are going at work!
This improved my sleep last night (no frustrating dreams about work) and I feel like I can look forward to a relatively care free weekend.

At first guess not knowing anything about the situation, it would be that the company is probably required/should be/whatever doing these evaluations and filing the note that you feel like you've already done it/don't need one is just a way for them to show whoever would question why they aren't having one with you that you've basically said of your own volition you don't need/want one. So it's not them failing (in that respect at least).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

lavawitch wrote:
Help!

I feel really antisocial. I mean, just want to burrow under blankets and read or sleep antisocial. I also just had my period, and I always have a nasty depressive dip right after.

Problem is my aunt and uncle are visiting from Ireland. My mom is pissed, and they probably feel I'm avoiding them. I like them a lot! They are great fun. It's all me.

If I force myself to come upstairs, I feel like I'm drowning in quicksand or something and just want to get away.

How do I pretend to not be antisocial? It's not like I get to see them very often!

Oh flip! Overdose on chocolate and keep telling yourself that in a few days when they are gone you can be a miserable loner all you want xxxxxx

Grumpy and oversensitive today. Have the whole shower of asparagi to work with next week. FML.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There is a horseshoe nailed to the chimney in the cellar of my house that was there when we moved in. I knew of horseshoes being nailed to doorways, but never chimneys, so I just googled it. Apparently it will keep witches from flying down the chimney on their broomsticks. Glad to know I won't have to worry about that happening!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Holy crepe my friend just got engaged and she didn't tell me before posting on FB!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:16 pm 

Just sort of had the realization that the girl I've been seeing is kind of a trainwreck, which I maybe suspected all along. The problem here is that I am SO good at taking care of trainwrecks, it's like my number one talent, but I don't know if it's something I want to do anymore.

Also I want to do something fun tonight but my only option is going to this party but I don't want to go alone and don't have anyone to go with.

At least I'm eating a Cheezly sandwich on New Cascadia bread! So tasty.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:53 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yesterday was my five year PPKversary/veganniversary and I forgot until today.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Why would anyone spend $50,000 to be in the same room as Romney? I just don't understand. You couldn't pay me a million.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:15 pm 

starrynight87 wrote:
Why would anyone spend $50,000 to be in the same room as Romney? I just don't understand. You couldn't pay me a million.

I don't think I'd spend $50,000 just to be in the same room with anyone. Even if I had $50,000. Which, you know, not really at all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:38 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

My vegan "sister" finally told me she has reverted to being omni. I had suspected for the last few weeks but was waiting for her to tell me. I'm not really upset I just wish she had told me. I had been following vegan blogs and such for years but thought it would be to hard to make the jump. So when she started sharing her goal with me I had tons of info. Then followed her a few months later. Really thankful to her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Today I am meeting my ex ex bf for lunch so we can plan the winter vacation to the beautiful countries to the other side of the world. I'll take him to the vegan chocolaterie where they also make vegan brunch on the weekends, so I can report back for the next meet up! I like it when I stay friends with my ex boyfriends.

On other news, I have actually gone back together with Andreas, he is indeed fine with having an open relationship so that is sorted, and I have had enough space to see his positive sides and not only the negative ones I had been seeing lately. Yes I know he still has some things I don't like, but so do I, and nobody is perfect. As long as we can both live with each others' faults, we'll be fine.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

You know how it is when you meet a bunch of new people that have been friends for a while? Like you tend to have trouble mixing in with the conversation? I actually thought I was doing pretty good for my introverted self... turns out they thought I was very shy. And I'm seeing these people again next weekend and now I feel pressured. BLEH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1092, 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098 ... 1842  Next