| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:53 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

that's funny because I didn't really like the whole the doctors gonna die thing last season at all. it was way too dramatic. i've been enjoying these quickly wrapped up eps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

The cubes episode started off sooooo well (IMO of course) and then pooff, fizzled to nothing. I'm also not a fan of the quick-wrapup-in-two-minutes at the end of episode.

Love Rory's dad and the 'real' element he brings to the show now. Amy again is either smug face or pout face. Smug, there's the pout, smug pout pout. That's what I say when I watch the show.

Any word on the new companion? And is Matt Smith leaving for sure?

Bring on female Doctors I say:

http://geekfeminism.org/2012/07/28/time ... octor-who/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I loved the first episode, thought the dinosaurs were okay, fell asleep in the Western and thought the box episode was a real dud. And I've really been missing River Song.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

And I'm the only one here who liked A Town Called Mercy--probably because it didn't wrap up too quickly. I don't mind self-contained episodes, but I don't think they work when there's too much mystery/tension set up for an hour-long episode. You either have to scale back or just accept the story arc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:39 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Originally I was gonna come on here and say how much I liked A Town Called Mercy and defend a bit the 'boxes' stuff due to it being largely about the relationshipy things and blah blah blah... But I am fresh off watching the new episode and OH. MY. forking. GOD. I cried the ugliest tears. My face pretty much collapsed and I BAWLED and probably scared my Venger with my violent sobs. that was amazing and awful and I am in a puddle. I can't even.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

YES! I wasn't really impressed with any of the other episodes, but I LOVED this one. The beginning was actually a bit scary, and I was bawling at the end. So good. The only thing that annoyed me was
Spoiler: show
the Statue of Liberty. That was just silly. I mean, I get it, but I didn't like it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GROSS SOBBING, UGH.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:01 pm 
We So Excited

OMFG. I loved it. And am weepy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:14 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I missed the crying. I missed that roller coaster.

I loved this episode. We all cried bid ugly tears. Much to the confusion of my visiting brother-in-law.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:12 pm 
And you never will.

I went and watched it at my sister's house so I wouldn't have to ugly cry alone. We passed the tissue box back and forth and sobbed together.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 pm 

Finally! This was the episode I've been waiting for this season!

Also, crying.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:11 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I.
Can't.
I...just...Mwaaaaaaaaaah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:24 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Cannot deal with this. I sat in Mars's living room and cried.

This was definitely the writing I've been waiting for from Moffat since series 5.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:27 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I really liked the ending, but it didn't make me cry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:59 pm 
WELFARIST!

fatcat wrote:
I really liked the ending, but it didn't make me cry.

Yeah, this. It's probably because I didn't really like the characters who were leaving. I cried like crazy when Rose and Donna left because I liked those characters a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm 

I didn't think there was anything to cry about, but then I found my face was wet with tears! It was bittersweet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:11 pm 
WELFARIST!

I guess I just don't believe they're gone for good and think that they'll be back. Doctor Who always seems to find a way of bringing back companions that were already written off as not able to come back (Rose, Donna).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

solipsistnation wrote:
Mitchell and Webb robots! "We're very cross with you!"

so glad someone else noticed this! that was the only reason i kept watching the dinosaur episode, as i was really not feeling it otherwise. felt better about mercy, but only slightly. i thought the power of three was blah, and there was some questionable gender stuff going on there (ponds thinking about staying home, rory's reason being a full-time job and amy wants to be a... bridesmaid?). still thought angels take manhattan was only okay, although i definitely did cry the aforementioned ugly tears. that damn moffat!

(formerly known as wintermitts)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 pm 
Married to the wolfman

It was a really good ending for them. It didn't make me sob the way that Rose's and Donna's did but then yeah, I wasn't as attached to the Ponds overall.

I probably would have cried in earnest if just Rory had gone back and had had to die alone and etc. Oh, I will miss Rory. He grew on me.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Just saying:

(I've always had my suspicions about them, but life will never be the same now.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

That was sad, but I didn't sob like I did with Rose and Donna because I'm not a fan of Amy.

I always felt Rory was really underdeveloped and just written as a kind of bumbling buffoon. Sure, the Centurion thing and 2000 years and all that but it was swept under the rug pretty quickly. Rory had so much potential but it just seemed he was constantly on the receiving end of smug-pout Amy's "shut up stupid head idiot" talk.

I'm a bit annoyed that FINALLY we got to see some real emotion from Amy in her last minute. The van Gogh episode could have been that little bit better if she'd shown more emotion. And this episode, the whole on-the-roof scene could have been high emotion from the moment Rory stepped on to the ledge. I've always felt so let down by how KG brings the script to life. Can't say I'm sorry to see her go but I feel sad for Rory.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

But Amy is River's mother...how could her personality have been written any other way? I've not seen Karen Gillan in anything else, and I always thought the continual lack of emotion was a product of the script.

Strangely, I wasn't nearly as sad with this episode as I was saying goodbye to Rose and Donna even though I love Amy spades better than anyone else (at times, I like her better than the doctor). I'm sure that's because they were able to go with each other, and because they'd strayed farther from their own timelines than any other companion--they were already kind of used to living out-of-place.

I hope the doctor re-visits Rory's dad, though...that part is sad because he was the one who sent them back to the tardis.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Oh I bawled. Just ugly, straight up sobbing from the time Rory stepped to the ledge. At least they got to go together. I would have been devastated if either of them had to be alone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:16 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I was annoyed because I thought in a previous episode (the one with the military on some other planet & River) the Angels were wiped out of ever having existed (not just wiped out in the future, but never existed period)...so how were they suddenly back in existence now?

I also was relieved that he's got to have a new companion now as I never much liked Amy...I think I would've enjoyed a young Amy (when he first met her) as a companion, but just felt meh about adult Amy the whole time.

I do have to say that though I'm normally very feminist about things, I wouldn't like the Doctor being female. I just like my Doctor being a possible romantic possibility in my dreams and I'm a heterosexual female;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Since we're talking about who should be the new Doctor when they finally get rid of Matt Smith, I'm gonna say Paterson Joseph again. I feel like if I say it enough, it'll eventually happen - Paterson Joseph, Paterson Joseph, Paterson Joseph.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next