| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380 ... 626  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 pm 
Inflexitarian

This school year has been horrible. But today really took the cookie. I now teach SPED and emotionally disturbed jr. high kids. I was threatened and assaulted today. Second assault in two days. Sixth one this school year. Two different kids. I'm already done and it's only September.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

assilembob, that is really terrible. my sister wound up in a school for kids with emotional and other problems after she got expelled from our public school, and i know that things like what you're describing were dishearteningly routine in that school, but those teachers and counselors had signed up for that work with full knowledge of what they were getting into, and there was always more than one adult present in a classroom in case things went south. i know resources are spread thin in just about every school system nowadays, but if your school expects you to manage these kids and these situations, they need to offer you more support. there's no way for you to be an effective teacher if your first concern when you step up in front of that classroom is your safety.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

daisychain wrote:
Is that the Irish girl? They arrested someone. It is all over the papers and radio here.

Yes :( The worst possible ending happened. People are in shock. I feel so sad for her and her loved ones and the community that has been shattered. And I want to go to her vigil but can't make it :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I am so homesick it's not even interesting anymore. It's just miserable. Coupled with the fact I'm still (after a week) on my home time zone, I can't deal with this shiitake. I want to go home. And I feel like an inconsiderate child whining about it because I am on a vacation in the UK, something everyone I know is jealous of and would love to do. But I just want to go home.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Damnit, it was too soon for soup.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

TurningVioletViolet wrote:
daisychain wrote:
Is that the Irish girl? They arrested someone. It is all over the papers and radio here.

Yes :( The worst possible ending happened. People are in shock. I feel so sad for her and her loved ones and the community that has been shattered. And I want to go to her vigil but can't make it :(

It is awful alright. It is dominating the papers and the news over here. I think your police force are absolutely amazing for finding her so quick and charging the murderer. Even though it is the worst possible outcome at least for her families sake they found her so quick. Be proud of them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 pm 
Nailed to the V

My mom's been in a coma for almost a month. Had a brain aneurysm and has been in the hospital for that time. We can only see her for one hour four times a day so me and my sister and dad take turns seeing her. It's been hard. She shows no signs of improvement but her vital signs are good. So she's going to hang around for a long time.

I feel bad because I don't live here and I've been away from my home, husband and animals for all this time and I want to go home for a week or two and take care of the life I dropped like a rock after I got the phone call about mom. I'm telling my dad today that I'm planning to go home for a while sometime in early October. I know he'll tell me that she might wake up while I'm gone and she'll want to see me there. I'm glad he's hanging on to hope but I feel like I'm neglecting the living while I'm holding vigil to someone who is already gone. And I feel bad about thinking that she's already gone, even though her body is still functioning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:42 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Oh, Peri. I don't have the words to express how sorry I am for you and your family. I cannot imagine what you're going through. You'll be in my thoughts. Hugs.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:51 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm sorry Peri.

I took Fujimoto to the vets as one of his eyes is bulging. He's got a weeks course of antibiotics however it could be the overgrown root of a tooth pushing his eyeball from the back. If he's not improved within a week I'll take him for a head xray and see where we go from there. I'm concerned about him losing his eye or worse. He's such a sweet and happy little chap.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm sorry Peri. Best wishes to you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:05 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Peri that's so tough :( I hope everything works out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:44 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Dunno what I did in my sleep last night but my knee hurts pretty bad today.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:56 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

missdelaney wrote:
I am so homesick it's not even interesting anymore. It's just miserable. Coupled with the fact I'm still (after a week) on my home time zone, I can't deal with this shiitake. I want to go home. And I feel like an inconsiderate child whining about it because I am on a vacation in the UK, something everyone I know is jealous of and would love to do. But I just want to go home.

Don't feel bad about not enjoying 'EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME 111!!@!@!!!'. Especially a first week in a strange place, while getting over a jet lag, can be so uprooting. (It took my bestie like 2 weeks to get over her jet lag/back to normalcy after a holiday in Canada, and she was at home, surrounded by friends.)

Just focus on soothing, comforting things. Leave the Sightseeing All Day Every Day for later. Go for a nice dinner, take all the time in the world, go to a museum with free entrance and just sit there reading a book. Go swimming or go to a sauna. Or just sit in a nice cafe and have tea. Listen to your body/mind and allow yourself this time. Sitting in a cafe, reading a book is being on holidays too.

Hugs. <3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Bored and sad.

Parents and relatives went out for the day, shopping and to visit Mt. Vernon, have dinner, etc. and I couldn't go. Way more walking than I could handle.

I should get out of bed and go do something other than feel sorry for myself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:54 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

This was actually my worst thing yesterday. While making my tea in the morning, I opened a cabinet door above my sink without moving out of the way, banged it into my head, and the corner (which has a metal ridge on it) cut an L shaped gouge in my forehead, which bled like a mofo and then swelled into a bump. I spent the whole day at work yesterday with a slight headache, looking like dork with a band-aid smack dab in the middle of my forehead.

It's much better today, just looks like a big zit. And it's getting to the itchy stage and I have to remember not to scratch it, because... ouch.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:00 pm 

After begging everyone in the house to cover their forking mouths when they coughed and sneezed to no avail, I think I'm getting a cold. I will smack someone if this is the case.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:34 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Peri...hugs. I am so sorry.

Paloma wrote:
missdelaney wrote:
I am so homesick...

Don't feel bad about not enjoying 'EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME 111!!@!@!!!'. Especially a first week in a strange place, while getting over a jet lag, can be so uprooting. (It took my bestie like 2 weeks to get over her jet lag/back to normalcy after a holiday in Canada, and she was at home, surrounded by friends.)

Just focus on soothing, comforting things. Leave the Sightseeing All Day Every Day for later. Go for a nice dinner, take all the time in the world, go to a museum with free entrance and just sit there reading a book. Go swimming or go to a sauna. Or just sit in a nice cafe and have tea. Listen to your body/mind and allow yourself this time. Sitting in a cafe, reading a book is being on holidays too.

Hugs. <3

It's what I've been trying to do, but nothing seems to be helping. Lots of coffee and sitting and calm walks. I got assaulted today by some random drunk asparagus. I was sitting on the steps of the place I'm staying and he just grabbed my head and started going on about how gorgeous I was. It was terrifying because I could tell he was way stronger than me. Thankfully his friend laughed (?!) and said "Oi, get off the poor lass." and they laughed and stumbled on.
Yeah, assaulting a twenty year old girl when you're middle aged is really hilarious. This entire trip has been a mess.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:57 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

missdelaney where you at? Any PPKers about who could help you out maybe? That's horrible, I'm sorry you're having such an awful crepe time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:10 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My best friend is mad at me for super last minute plans not working out last night, and my boyfriend just received his new computer and has spent all day "setting it up" aka gaming with his friends, so now I'm alone and sad. What peas me off though is that I told her they were not going to work when she asked me the morning of but she said to try to make them and let her know for sure later in the day. So when a few hours later I was sure they weren't I tried to get in touch with her right away to try to reschedule, but she was pissed so screened my calls and texts and then sent super bisque-y text messages today. So now she probably won't be talking to me for a few weeks. Times like these are when I don't even understand why I'm friends with her.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:35 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Simply_Love wrote:
My best friend is mad at me for super last minute plans not working out last night, and my boyfriend just received his new computer and has spent all day "setting it up" aka gaming with his friends, so now I'm alone and sad. What peas me off though is that I told her they were not going to work when she asked me the morning of but she said to try to make them and let her know for sure later in the day. So when a few hours later I was sure they weren't I tried to get in touch with her right away to try to reschedule, but she was pissed so screened my calls and texts and then sent super bisque-y text messages today. So now she probably won't be talking to me for a few weeks. Times like these are when I don't even understand why I'm friends with her.

Why are you?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:07 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Today in my hometown there was a peaceful protest against violence sparked by tragic events this week. Over 30,000 people turned up. I really, really wanted to attend but couldn't alter plans to go. For a lot of people I think it was a kind of helpful therapy and I really could have done with that today. And I'm just reading all the news reports and feeling horrible I didn't (couldn't) go. It was just such an important event.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:34 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

missdelaney where you at? Any PPKers about who could help you out maybe? That's horrible, I'm sorry you're having such an awful crepe time.

I would imagine there are lots of London PPKers?! I know RandiJM has recently taken residence there. I can't think of any Londoners, just English ones.
I'm going to Cardiff currently for two days, and considering cutting my time in London and not going to Paris and coming home a week early. My parents offered to pay because they've dealt with the progressively worse homesickness/exhaustion/disorientation/loneliness via the phone and who wants to see their kid like that?
I just feel entirely silly and ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:49 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Having to drop Ruby Rose off at the airport and face the puppeh rejection at home. She is bereft, her new "better" mummeh left and she has to go back to sleeping in her own bed now. It's going to be a day of wistful looks and big sighs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

missdelaney wrote:

I would imagine there are lots of London PPKers?! I know RandiJM has recently taken residence there. I can't think of any Londoners, just English ones.
I'm going to Cardiff currently for two days, and considering cutting my time in London and not going to Paris and coming home a week early. My parents offered to pay because they've dealt with the progressively worse homesickness/exhaustion/disorientation/loneliness via the phone and who wants to see their kid like that?
I just feel entirely silly and ridiculous.

I was actually about to offer to meet up with you today (as in, I was about to send the message last night), but then I read on your blog that you would be in Cardiff today.*

You should definitely try to meet up with the London crew. RJM and MessyVeggie are both American - meeting up with them might help with your homesickness. And the whole of the London-area folks are great fun and super nice.

*ETA - I know the experience might have put you off your decision to study here, but if you stick with it, hit me up next time you're here. I've been there myself, and it really helped me that my bff (who lives in Newcastle) met me when I moved here and helped me orient myself and find all the shops and everything. I'd be more than happy to meet up and help you get situated if you do decide to study here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 am 

missdelaney wrote:
It's what I've been trying to do, but nothing seems to be helping. Lots of coffee and sitting and calm walks. I got assaulted today by some random drunk asparagus. I was sitting on the steps of the place I'm staying and he just grabbed my head and started going on about how gorgeous I was. It was terrifying because I could tell he was way stronger than me. Thankfully his friend laughed (?!) and said "Oi, get off the poor lass." and they laughed and stumbled on.
Yeah, assaulting a twenty year old girl when you're middle aged is really hilarious. This entire trip has been a mess.

Aw sweetie, that is horrible. :( So sorry to hear that.

Can't you turn your holiday into 'visiting us European PPKers' instead and hang with a bunch of nice people?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380 ... 626  Next