| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: the lactation station: share your breast feedin' stuff h
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:06 pm 
Chip Strong

Mint can definitely lower supply! Also sage. I cured my extreme oversupply by drinking a few glasses of mint and sage tea each day for a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:03 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I have mint oil in my toothpaste! I never would have thought about that.

The good news is that I am already starting to make some improvement. I am getting the "full" feeling and it's only been a couple hours since baby last ate. I actually can't remember the last time I felt full...even in the morning. My stash of herbs is looking promising and I'm not in panic mode like I was last night. Phew! Still a lot of work to do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:59 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Good to hear! Breastfeeding is such a rollercoaster.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:25 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yay sashi!

Grey hasn't been interested in eating very much lately except yogurt and breastmilk. Somedays I feel like my body can't do it anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 am 
Chip Strong

Lately Scarlett hasn't been into nursing anywhere away from her comfy boppy pillow set-up or our bed. She'll pull off my nipple and thrash and kick and scream every thirty seconds, but only when I'm nursing her outside of the house! It's so weird. Unfortunately she started this just in time for our first cross-country flight today. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 am 
Semen Strong

Could it be that (1) she is getting distracted or (2) for some reason something is triggering oversupply while you are out (the first is way more likely!). If its the first, could you try using a nursing cover just till she is really nursing hard? L went through a spell of distracted nursing, but now she almost never nurses outside. If she asks to nurse, then she latches on and nurses until she is done/falls asleep - no more distracted nursing. Good luck!

Here is my question: Has anyone found that the resurgence of their period makes them produce a ton more milk? I just got mine back and I am leaking in a way I hadn't since the early days. I had thought that menstruation might slow the flow a bit, but no.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:02 pm 

Good luck! Have you tried any sort of cover/jacket etc to see if it helps? How old is S again..4 months? One of the things about the boppy too might be that she's more level with your boobs that in other positions. When Freya and I struggled the most, she would sometimes nurse if gravity was working against the milk flow (that is, she was level or higher than boob level). Not sure what positions you use, but if cradle holding, maybe the flow is bothering her?

Silly babies...just drink already. :D

@lb..I have those days. I think frequently on what my friend said back during the really bad days: to focus on feeding just for this one day. Don't think about making it until a certain age/date. Now there were still days where I wasn't sure I could go another 24 hours, but I managed to convince myself that I could.

If we make it to a year, which seems very likely now, I'm going to celebrate in some way, but I haven't figured out just how yet. I've also decided to get a tattoo to celebrate surviving the first year. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I am fine to keep going most of the time, I love it almost always. I feel completely depleted, my poor body. I feel like I need someone to come take care of me and feed me nourishing foods for a could weeks and then I will be good to go.

Tofulish, I have never heard that! In fact I have heard the opposite that usually the supply goes down with the resurgence of the period. I still have not gotten mine, but grey still nurses constantly. I also think I had a hot flash the other night. Maybe I am going into super early menopause? I will be 33 in December, is it possible?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 pm 
Married to the wolfman

mooo wrote:
Lately Scarlett hasn't been into nursing anywhere away from her comfy boppy pillow set-up or our bed. She'll pull off my nipple and thrash and kick and scream every thirty seconds, but only when I'm nursing her outside of the house! It's so weird. Unfortunately she started this just in time for our first cross-country flight today. Wish me luck.

I think I've mentioned this before, but the Magician is like this too. He likes to nurse at home in his favorite position (pretty much cradle position in my lap) and that's it. He hates nursing in public regardless of position, and mostly won't do it.. Very occasionally he'll let me put him in a different position to nurse at home... he tolerates side-lying at night at least, not really in the daytime. He doesn't like being held upright to eat anywhere. Sometimes I can get him to nurse a little in public if the Ergo hood is up or a blanket's over him or something but he tolerates that for about 30 seconds usually.

It's so weird to me because E would eat *anywhere*, *any* way.

Good luck with your flight mooo! I hope she eats and isn't too crabby!

T, how weird about the period/supply. I've never heard of it going that way but it stands to reason... your hormones go woo woo during your period and crazy hormones can do just about anything to you.

LB, sorry to hear you're having a rough patch. Definitely been there buddy. If I drove I'd totally drive up and bring you some soup or something!

My new breastfeeding discovery: if I am even a little dehydrated, pretty much no milk comes out. I go from being able to pump 8 oz in ~5 minutes generally to < 2 oz in 30 minutes. A number of things have caused me to be dehydrated lately! This has been unpleasant!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mooo wrote:

Oh, God. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:25 pm 
Nooch of Earl

kimba wrote:
mooo wrote:

Oh, God. Good luck.

Yes I hope this went well for you!! *hugs*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:18 pm 
Chip Strong

We made it to San Francisco and back with no problems at all!! It was such a relief! Scarlett was totally fascinated by the plane and basically sat there staring happily at people the entire time, and she boobed every couple hours without a fight. She had a totally inconsolable meltdown for 15-20 minutes every night and again tonight when we got home, which she's never done before, but we figure she was just exhausted from the time change. But we survived our first travels with a baby! I feel like it's such an accomplishment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:39 pm 
Saggy Butt

Yay, mooo, I'm so happy for you! That's a huge accomplishment!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 am 
ol' garly cooch

what a relief, moo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

That's great mooo!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:39 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I am pumping at work and I could hear a baby cry and all of a sudden I am getting more milk. Awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:54 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

mooo, congrats on the uneventful flight yay! I'm seriously considering bringing the Brest Friend on the plane for our upcoming flight just because I feel it would help sooo much. (I doubt I actually will though, because we'll already have 52 carryon bags and I don't feel like shelling out for the travel version of the Brest Friend.)
and kimba, that's totally awesome...I keep meaning to record Sierra crying to help with pumping haha. Also, an older lady told me recently that even years after she stopped nursing her kids, whenever she heard a baby cry her boobs would hurt. Crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:06 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I wonder if watching a youtube video of a baby crying would work? I finally purchases a hands free pumping bra last week and can I just tell you all it is SOOO awesome. I am even pumping a little more per session with it (probably because I lose track of time and actually pump a little longer, but also because I can get so relaxed playing on the internetz)

Giles turned 12 weeks yesterday so I think that officially gives us the bronze booby award. Breastfeeding has certainly not been a bed of roses so I am proud of us!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 am 
Semen Strong

Congratulations on your Bronze Boobies!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 am 
Chip Strong

Yay annasrobbie!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 pm 
Semen Strong

Mom, these are broken.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

too funny, tofulish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:41 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

hahahah!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:01 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

did i mention before that tzipi is super interested in my boobs again? she's been weaned for a year and in the last month or so has been trying to practically huff them, like they are some sort of milky drug, or tug down my shirt and get a look-see. i guess they're really gearing up for the baby, huh?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:57 pm 

Heh. Should be interesting to see what she does when the baby is nursing!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 115  Next