| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 638  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm having some adverse reactions to new medication including nausea, lack of appetite, vomiting, stomach cramps and chills. I've managed to eat half a bowl of cereal today and am onto my second bottle of Lucozade. Mr8 says I'm as pale as a corpse. I feel rotten.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My pancakes turned out as mush.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:57 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

daisychain wrote:
My pancakes turned out as mush.

This happened to me with my first vegan cookbook and my first vegan cooking adventure. Horrible forking rubbery pancakes. I came on the PPK to bisque and complain, no kidding (to this day my cookbook page bears the angry new-pissy-vegan inscription "rubbery, awful, yuck"). Then as i was typing up my first post i realized i had somehow forked up the recipe myself (i halved it? doubled it? screwed up something in the calculation) and had nothing to complain about, just amazing deliciousness, and sudden inclusion in a community of cool people who all happen to move in vegan ways.
Let's hope your mushy pancakes lead to similar awesome happenings?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Paloma wrote:
missdelaney wrote:
It's what I've been trying to do, but nothing seems to be helping. Lots of coffee and sitting and calm walks. I got assaulted today by some random drunk asparagus. I was sitting on the steps of the place I'm staying and he just grabbed my head and started going on about how gorgeous I was. It was terrifying because I could tell he was way stronger than me. Thankfully his friend laughed (?!) and said "Oi, get off the poor lass." and they laughed and stumbled on.
Yeah, assaulting a twenty year old girl when you're middle aged is really hilarious. This entire trip has been a mess.

Aw sweetie, that is horrible. :( So sorry to hear that.

Can't you turn your holiday into 'visiting us European PPKers' instead and hang with a bunch of nice people?

I'm about to post in the forum.

I was going to ask you, too, rachell, but it was so disorienting I kept forgetting. It totally didn't put me off the city- I actually thought Edinburgh was really great. Super busy, but great. And even though today's traveling was a mess, aside from missing my train connection, I really, really love Cardiff, too. It reminds me so much of home.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ah, my grandmother is getting worse and I am only getting snippets of information mentioned offhand at the ends of conversations.
when I talk to her she pretends she is fine because I don't think she knows how to act anything other than tough, my aunt is overdramatic and my father is under-dramatic and I just, ugh I am so worried and I want to know what is going on and if I should be trying to fly down to florida and see her before things get really bad, or if this will blow over?
she needs to use an oxygen tank to breath so she can walk across a room.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

booberthefraggle wrote:
ah, my grandmother is getting worse and I am only getting snippets of information mentioned offhand at the ends of conversations.
when I talk to her she pretends she is fine because I don't think she knows how to act anything other than tough, my aunt is overdramatic and my father is under-dramatic and I just, ugh I am so worried and I want to know what is going on and if I should be trying to fly down to florida and see her before things get really bad, or if this will blow over?

when did you last see her? is there any way to get more realistic information?

either way, I don't think you'd regret it if you went down..but you could regret not going maybe? I dunno.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joshua wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

when did you last see her? is there any way to get more realistic information?

either way, I don't think you'd regret it if you went down..but you could regret not going maybe? I dunno.

yeah, absolutely. I've been planning to go down in december regardless, but I've started to clear up my schedule and work ahead on some projects in case I need to drop everything and travel before december. I will be on a redeye in a heartbeat if anything starts to go wrong.

unfortunately I don't have a really good way of getting information from this distance that hasn't been filtered through my father or aunt, and again, my grandmother will never in her life admit she is in pain or unwell. My aunt is a cardiac surgeon and is, at this point, acting as her doctor so I really don't have any other route to get to the information. The best I can do is piece together bits of information from all of them and hope some of it is correct.

I saw her in august for the first time in 2 years, about a week before she had her most recent heart failure, and it was really great. it sounds morbid but I feel like, of all the time's I've seen her, if it was the last time (which I really desperately hope it is not) it would be a good way to leave things.

It's just hard, the secondary information and casual mentions of "she isn't doing well" make this seem even more out of my control than it already is.
I know she is old and this is the nature of failing bodies and age and I hate that I can't fix it.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:15 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

So, our apartment was broken into for the second time in just over three months.

This is so much worse. This time they took both of our computers. I JUST finally felt like I'd worked through all the anxiety, depression, and other general bullshiitake from the last break in.

F.U.C.K. 2012. Seriously.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Minor problem, but I walk into my apartment after 3 months and find EVERY SINGLE CORNER full of tiny spiders. Gross.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:51 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

kara kara wrote:
So, our apartment was broken into for the second time in just over three months.

This is so much worse. This time they took both of our computers. I JUST finally felt like I'd worked through all the anxiety, depression, and other general bullshiitake from the last break in.

F.U.C.K. 2012. Seriously.

Holy shiitake! That sucks so much! I am so sorry to hear this. It's hugely violating to be robbed (as you already know, unfortunately).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:07 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Woke up at 4am because I was having panic attacks in my sleep, for no reason I can discern.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:08 am 
Impressive boner

I'm so sorry kara kara :( I can't imagine what that must be like.

The vomiting has stopped but it's coming out the other way now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:50 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Holy shiitake, kara. That sucks, I'm so sorry.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh Kara, that is awful xxxx

So I was made do work that involves doing an awful lot of writing today, all day and I can't actually write properly atm. For the past 2 weeks my thumb has been so swollen that I can't bend it properly so it is impossible to hold a pen. I can't even start my car without a lot of difficulty. From all the writing I had to do I was in so much pain driving the car home.

Think I need to get me to a doctor but the crassholes at work will be all pissy with me because I will have to finish work early to do that and I am already taking 3 hours Friday to see my psychiatrist.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:31 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Thanks for the support, everyone.

I am not handling this well. The cops came last night to take the report and later sent a crime scene examiner. No one could find any sign of forced entry, but Fred is positive he closed all the windows and locked both doors when he left for work. We still think they came in one of the windows. We figured out how to properly lock them, but it still feels like we'll never be truly safe here.

This happened in a 4.5 hour window, too. I stayed 2 hours late at work because I'm interviewing for Associate Wine Buyer and was getting some info/tips/help from the girl who is vacating that position. I can't help thinking that if I'd come home on time, this wouldn't have happened. Or maybe they would have came in while I was here. That would have been so much worse.

Now we're worried that these people will come back and take more things. Fred has lots of DJ and music equipment, as well as a gaming computer they didn't touch. We're pretty positive they were the same people from last time. It just feels like they knew we had computers they didn't get the first time and came back for them.

We immediately called our landlord and told them what had happened. We also reminded them we asked for the windows to be fixed after the first break in, but nothing was done. I suggested to Fred that we withhold rent until they do something. We can't live like this, in fear of leaving the house. Fred wants to move, but neither of us really want to leave. Our apartment is great, aside from this. But this is a forking deal-breaker at this point.

I'm supposed to leave for class in about an hour, and I haven't stopped shaking since last night. And I have a lab report due that I haven't even started yet. I haven't decided if I'm going to class. I feel like I should, and Fred encouraged me to go, but I just don't think I can. The lab we're doing tonight is supposedly the most complicated of the semester, and I just know I'll fork something up because I'm so rattled. My brain feels calm, but my body is freaking out. I'm so tense. And I'm so worried about my mental/emotional state for the next couple months. Last time, I spiraled into full anxiety and depression. I can't afford that again right now. Not when I have school and this potential promotion at stake.

I keep trying to remind myself that no one was hurt. We lost things, but not much data, since we run pretty regular backups. We immediately changed every password we could think of, since both of us had lists of them on our computers. And we have renter's insurance, so hopefully that will replace our computers. If not, Fred's mom has generously offered to loan us the money for new ones. He does web design and lots of music production, and I'm in school.

I'm sorry for such a long rambling message, but I just need to get all of this out.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:57 pm 
Inflexitarian

kara, that is awful. It's completely unacceptable that the landlord hasn't fixed your windows yet. What are the laws like where you are? There must be some way to force them to get that shiitake done.

My worst: I almost choked to death on a burrito.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:41 pm 
Semen Strong

My crown broke. It cost a boatload of money and only lasted 4 years. They are supposed to last 8 to 10. Now I am going to have to get another and they are so expensive....

And my friend did the equivalent of throwing a tantrum. We had plans, so first she asked if her friend (whom I don't know) could join us, and I said sure but there wasn't enough room in my car (dog, childseat + tiny corolla means I fit 4 easily but not 5), so we should plan to take two cars. She responded by saying that it was inconvenient and wasteful to take 2 cars, so she didn't want to go anymore. I am not sure what to do with that. I know she is stressed, but I find her response odd and can't figure out how to respond. I know it needs to be a phone call, because so much gets lost over text, but I don't really have the time nor do I really want to be responding to what is essentially a tantrum.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Coming home to cat shiitake smeared over about a foot and a half of the floor. Note: not my cat.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Participation posts on Blackboard were undeniably the worst thing about my day. Academic posting really seems to unnerve people, causing violent outbursts of textual diarrhea (or worse, textual diarrhea accompanied by ridiculous amounts of regurgitation) that are painful to witness, let alone reply to. The structure of the required posting does not help with the problem either, because why have a meaningful discussion when you can just spout out a bunch of mildly useful to completely useless rubbish and call it good?

It's infuriating. Like...

I hate it... SOOO much.... it, it, flames. FLAMES. Flames on the side of my face...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:16 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

missdelaney wrote:
I'm about to post in the forum.

I was going to ask you, too, rachell, but it was so disorienting I kept forgetting. It totally didn't put me off the city- I actually thought Edinburgh was really great. Super busy, but great. And even though today's traveling was a mess, aside from missing my train connection, I really, really love Cardiff, too. It reminds me so much of home.

Just so you know, and I know it's not en route for you, but regardless, you're welcome here with me in the Netherlands. :) Keep us posted how you're doing, ok ? :)

Kara, take your time to feel better. This is no peanuts.

Also, I don't know how this works in the US, but here in NL, there's an actual organization specialized in victim counseling for people who got robbed/burgled/otherwise victim of a crime etc. When people broke into my bestie's house, they sent over a social worker, which helped her so much in coming to terms with it. If such a thing exists over there, I can recommend it tons. It helped my bestie so much to feel a bit better about it all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:12 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Finding out the man that stalked me is going to be working in the same small building as me in a few weeks time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

daisychain wrote:
Finding out the man that stalked me is going to be working in the same small building as me in a few weeks time.

Do what you need to to keep yourself safe!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:39 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

daisychain wrote:

What?! Sorry to tell you what you already know but your workplace sounds utterly terrible. Have you got reports filed with the police? Does your HR department know?

Gah, I want to come over and we dress up like superheroes and biff everyone who is bothering you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:44 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Just found out a good friend of mine died yesterday in Italy. He was in a car accident 8 years ago, found out he had a brain tumor that caused the accident, had surgery and was doing better. Gets married, his wife is pregnant and their house literally blows up with them in it, due to a gas leak. They both survive, including the unborn baby, but she has a lot of damage to her face which is somewhat repaired by plastic surgery. She gets better, baby is now 3 years old...and my friend gets paralyzed on half of his body. Brain tumor is back...and he passed away yesterday. Why can some people never get a break in life?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There was a massive investigation in work because of it but he got away with it. It is literally ruining my entire life. I just can't cope with work anymore. Just when I think they have outdone themselves they do something even more horrendous.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so he will have no problem in signing me out of work sick long-term. Meanwhile my psychiatrist is a bit of a naive tool and thinks I have a phobia that I need to "get over." Luckily he isn't my regular psych, he is filling in for someone's maternity leave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 638  Next