| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102 ... 1766  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:57 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Someday, I will complete a vegan mofo, and it will kick asparagus.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I also have a hard time apologizing when I don't think I've done or said anything wrong, especially if what they said was absolutely terrible.

You're not supposed to apologize when you don't think you've done or said anything wrong. That's called lying ;-)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:12 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

After 7 months of being terribly unhappy at my job I've applied to 3 open positions and sent in my resume for my dream job to a company that probably isn't hiring now or any time in the future. I feel totally qualified for the open positions. The dream job is a long shot, but something I just needed to do. Now I wait.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:22 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

You could apologize for what you're actually sorry for. I don't know what you said to her but you might have been apologetic for not addressing it in a way that was entirely polite, respectful, or discrete.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:39 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I hate waiting for people to email me back. I get so impatient. I know not everyone spends 12 hours a day online like I do, but maybe they should.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Fee wrote:
You could apologize for what you're actually sorry for. I don't know what you said to her but you might have been apologetic for not addressing it in a way that was entirely polite, respectful, or discrete.

i think this is great.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Last week I applied to the first of a few schools I want to go to next year. It had the simplest application, fewest requirements, seems to be the least competitive, and might even be my first choice. If I hear back soon enough (and got accepted) I might not even apply to the other schools. So now I wait! Bah!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Roommate made ice cream for my birthday (yay, niceness!), but he left a huge mess in the kitchen from making the ice cream (crumbs all over the counter, tofu and & coconut milk packages still sitting on the counter, blender and ice cream machine still out, unrinsed) that I'm going to end up being the one to clean. I'm not sure it counts anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:07 pm 
ugh

Fee wrote:

I don't really feel sorry for anything - I wasn't super nice, but I don't necessarily think that deserved a nice, or polite, or discrete response. I also don't know exactly which part of what I said bothered her. So I sent her a message outlining what our options are to find out what she wants to do - I could private message her only and not leave comments, or I could do neither, or we could just not be FB friends and find some other way to plan group events. I don't know, it isn't the best response I guess, but it seems better than doing nothing or pretending to feel differently.

Thanks again for the advice.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:18 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

It is too forking hot. I want PDX back please.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I hate waiting for people to email me back. I get so impatient. I know not everyone spends 12 hours a day online like I do, but maybe they should.

I know! Me too.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:30 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I am so irrationally exhausted today--so much more so than usual, even though I slept for an extra half hour last night and didn't have that much trouble waking up. I'm just feeling so drowsy and worn down. I'm wondering if it's the heat wave, or if I'm just spreading myself too thin.

I just want to feel alert.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm tired of always being left out of things. Didn't go to airport too see off my uncle/aunt because with all the walking, I'd just have been in the way. So I saw them off here.

This means I also miss my dad's birthday lunch (and I imagine he picked an awful place!). Not the end of the world. I'll give him his present when they are home.

It's just an annoying trend. The same thing that kept me from doing anything fun in college is now isolating me from my family.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Is it still your birthday, creep? If so, happy birthday! Can you get a third party to point out the mess and say how not cleaning it up cancels out the gift?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm 
Semen Strong

b.vicious wrote:
Fee wrote:

I don't really feel sorry for anything - I wasn't super nice, but I don't necessarily think that deserved a nice, or polite, or discrete response. I also don't know exactly which part of what I said bothered her. So I sent her a message outlining what our options are to find out what she wants to do - I could private message her only and not leave comments, or I could do neither, or we could just not be FB friends and find some other way to plan group events. I don't know, it isn't the best response I guess, but it seems better than doing nothing or pretending to feel differently.

Thanks again for the advice.

Meh, I agree with you. I don't really feel like it is my job to have to manage around another adult's tantrums.

This is probably why I have only a small circle of friends, but all of them are kick-ass and amazing.

LW, I am sorry that you're feeling isolated. I wish I lived close to you and could hang out and watch movies and talk about Molly, Leela and the PPK... :)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

Last edited by Tofulish on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My dad bought himself a bird bath for his birthday. He put it under the big tree nearest the house. Our birds seem to like being voyeurs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:08 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I just found out that fax is short for facsimile. How did I not know that? It makes so much sense. Now I feel stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:38 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i put on real clothes and did my hair and everything, and now my friends don't want to do the thing we were going to do because it's raining and they are spoiled brats. i need to stop trying to have friends, i think, because they are always pulling crepe like this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:41 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

acr wrote:
i put on real clothes and did my hair and everything, and now my friends don't want to do the thing we were going to do because it's raining and they are spoiled brats. i need to stop trying to have friends, i think, because they are always pulling crepe like this.

Tell them to harden the fork up and bring umbrellas/raincoats.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Tea wrote:
acr wrote:

i could guilt them into it, but it wouldn't even be worth it, because when they are miffed they are the haughty queens of passive-aggressiva, and no one would have fun anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm 
WELFARIST!

choirqueer wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
I also have a hard time apologizing when I don't think I've done or said anything wrong, especially if what they said was absolutely terrible.

You're not supposed to apologize when you don't think you've done or said anything wrong. That's called lying ;-)

Exactly, haha!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:18 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

acr wrote:

You should get them some of those stylish clear plastic rain bonnets that old ladies wear. Because if that's not an incentive to go out on the town, I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:49 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Limone wrote:
acr wrote:

You should get them some of those stylish clear plastic rain bonnets that old ladies wear. Because if that's not an incentive to go out on the town, I don't know what is.

forget them. i want one of these:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm 
Nailed to the V

‘Sleep Safe Tape’!!!
... WHERE could I get some of them?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

acr wrote:
Tea wrote:
acr wrote:

i could guilt them into it, but it wouldn't even be worth it, because when they are miffed they are the haughty queens of passive-aggressiva, and no one would have fun anyway.

Sounds like it's time for new friends...

I will be your friend. I come from the land of rain.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Reply to topic  [ 44150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102 ... 1766  Next