| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 173  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I recently spent hours sorting Lego in to ziploc bags. My kids were fine with not mixing it up. But my son's friend emptied everything out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

TurningVioletViolet wrote:
I recently spent hours sorting Lego in to ziploc bags. My kids were fine with not mixing it up. But my son's friend emptied everything out.

I am curious why you sorted the legos in the first place? Was it to divide them or to sort them? To make building easier or to ration them? Or, was it just plain old OCD?

Not judging at all, honestly curoius...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:14 am 
Impressive boner

I want a peanut butter and jam sandwich but we have no bread, PB or jam and I can't go out because I'm dying my hair.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:46 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

SpiceMiner wrote:
TurningVioletViolet wrote:

I am curious why you sorted the legos in the first place? Was it to divide them or to sort them? To make building easier or to ration them? Or, was it just plain old OCD?

Not judging at all, honestly curoius...

We have a huuuuge amount of Lego and I was constantly getting asked to help find some teeny tiny obscure bit in a mountain of bricks. My son said it would be easier if it were organised so we broke it down in to things like wheels/vehicle parts, regular bricks, windows, doors, etc etc. It's not worth separating everything completely as it just gets mixed up, but it's pretty easy to sort in to more general piles. It really did help the kids find the pieces they need on their own. Plus I also looked up Lego storage websites and just drooled over the setups some people have :)

My other First World Problem is that I dirtied a new cookbook.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I ate a delicious lentil stew and I am wearing a dirndl, the two things don't go together because my stomach just wants to enlarge enourmously and the dress is keeping it tight, so I am burping the whole time. Fun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I installed iOS6 on my iphone and now it won't work on the ipod adapter in my car. The guy who installed the adapter said it's a thing, just sit tight and Apple will likely come up with a patch. The guy at the Apple store said Apple would NOT come up with a patch. So I spent forever transferring podcasts to my computer and then to my old ipod, and then the old ipod didn't work in the car either! So one way or another I think I have to get a new car stereo, because I drive a lot and I can't go without my ipod in the car.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Anek wrote:
I ate a delicious lentil stew and I am wearing a dirndl, the two things don't go together because my stomach just wants to enlarge enourmously and the dress is keeping it tight, so I am burping the whole time. Fun.

That is a great mental picture lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Dave the Cat wrote:
I installed iOS6 on my iphone and now it won't work on the ipod adapter in my car. The guy who installed the adapter said it's a thing, just sit tight and Apple will likely come up with a patch. The guy at the Apple store said Apple would NOT come up with a patch. So I spent forever transferring podcasts to my computer and then to my old ipod, and then the old ipod didn't work in the car either! So one way or another I think I have to get a new car stereo, because I drive a lot and I can't go without my ipod in the car.

Why won't it work? All of my adapters are just fine, including my Bose dock, and that is ancient.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 pm 
Naked Under Apron

This may be a stupid question, but can I put Google Maps back on my iphone? Apple maps refuses to show me traffic, and that's what I'm always using that app for. I'm not happy about them replacing it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:13 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Abel and Cole sent me a free treat with my organic veg box. It's a litre of milk.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:06 am 
WRETCHED

Amy wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but can I put Google Maps back on my iphone? Apple maps refuses to show me traffic, and that's what I'm always using that app for. I'm not happy about them replacing it!

From what I've read, google is working on an app. You can use their web version or use some other app program like mapquest.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:14 am 
Keepin' It Seal

My computer is being very slow and it's taking forever to upload my mofo pics for today. It's so annoying!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:31 am 
Naked Under Apron

linanil wrote:
Amy wrote:

From what I've read, google is working on an app. You can use their web version or use some other app program like mapquest.

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to getting an app again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

If you go to googlemaps.com on your phone, it will have an 'install' kind of option... It's not technically an app, but works pretty indistinguishably from one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

cornflowers wrote:
Abel and Cole sent me a free treat with my organic veg box. It's a litre of milk.

Aw. I had a veg box once that messed up my order and next week gave me a box of eggs to make up for it. When I told them I was vegan they said they'd bring me something else but they never did.

I would have thought Abel and Cole would have an option to let them know dietary preferences? They're big enough and have been going for a long time now...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:06 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Mars wrote:
If you go to googlemaps.com on your phone, it will have an 'install' kind of option... It's not technically an app, but works pretty indistinguishably from one.

Oh, thank you! I don't know why I couldn't figure that out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:42 pm 

dropscone wrote:
cornflowers wrote:

Aw. I had a veg box once that messed up my order and next week gave me a box of eggs to make up for it. When I told them I was vegan they said they'd bring me something else but they never did.

I would have thought Abel and Cole would have an option to let them know dietary preferences? They're big enough and have been going for a long time now...

I complained on their Facebook page and they've made a note on my account.

It's just frustrating because I'm such a new vegan and I'm still finding it hard to separate myself from it all. Luckily I'm also lactose intolerant so there's no temptation - I'll take it to work tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:12 pm 
Impressive boner

Once again, I have a sore throat from smoking too many cigarettes (and doing too much screaming) and I'm sleepy from drinking too much cider. I don't think I'll ever learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:41 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

My hands are freezing and I've just banged all my fingers on the desk and they really hurt. And they're cold too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I wanna go to the queer soul music dance night but its a bit far from my house. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:56 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My friend invited me round for tea but I think I ate lunch too late (they invited me round for 5pm, which is early for my evening meal anyway), so I didn't eat very much, and then I got really hungry just now and had to have two bits of bread with melted chocolate and golden syrup on. Had to! So that's another day I won't have lost any weight, probably.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I want a latte but there are 11 cars in the Starbucks drive through. Seriously! I'm waiting in the grocery store parking lot for space to get in line.

It looks pretty busy inside too, so I'd have physical difficulty standing in line. So I'll just bit h about the drive through.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:12 pm 
Inflexitarian

I want to go upstairs to get some coffee but a whole bunch of my roommates friends are hanging here before leaving to go elsewhere for some kind of thanksgiving thing. I was invited to the thing too but declined because I have work to do, and I don't want to get into a conversation about it, so I can't leave my room until they're gone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I ordered a bunch of organic, sustainable, ethically manufactured baby socks online, and it turns out they ship from Germany so they are taking forever to get here, and all of a sudden it's cold in Texas and I look like a terrible parent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 pm 

I'm worried my friends are going to turn up and want to set off for the pub quiz before I finish this amazing butternut squash barleyotto.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 173  Next