| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet peeves
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:49 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

LazySmurf wrote:
When people call tacos "burritos" it really drives me out of my mind. Burritos are different dammit!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:04 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Fee wrote:
On tv shows and movies when there's a big misunderstanding and then one of the main characters comes out never hearing the truth and just forgives blindly. Drives me bat shiitake.

Update: this is still my number 1 pet peeve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

choirqueer wrote:

Woo! Thank you! :D

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:14 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

acr wrote:
LazySmurf wrote:
When people call tacos "burritos" it really drives me out of my mind. Burritos are different dammit!

This is going to be in my head the rest of the day.

Also, I kind of want to remake the video with more pictures to better illustrate this phenomenon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:39 pm 
Grandfathered In

(I think burrito just means "food," you guys.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I maintain that the hamster in that video is my favourite thing ever. Has been since I first saw it. I want to pet him and kiss him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:05 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

damn it, FootFace! now i don't know how i'm going to stop myself from singing that song any time i eat anything for the rest of my life. this is how you will know me, ppkers. i will be the lady singing the yum-yum-burrito song under her breath while she snacks on the stale dots she just found at the bottom of her bag.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:00 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Portmanteaus ending in "-oholism". You may be addicted to work or chocolate, but you're not addicted to workohol or chocohol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:19 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

choirqueer wrote:
Portmanteaus ending in "-oholism". You may be addicted to work or chocolate, but you're not addicted to workohol or chocohol.

Stop defining my experience! I, personally, can't get enough of the ol' rageohol.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 pm 
Grandfathered In

Yeah, well, workic doesn't suggest much of a similarity to "alcoholic."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 pm 
Grandfathered In

acr wrote:
damn it, FootFace! now i don't know how i'm going to stop myself from singing that song any time i eat anything for the rest of my life. this is how you will know me, ppkers. i will be the lady singing the yum-yum-burrito song under her breath while she snacks on the stale dots she just found at the bottom of her bag.

Beware this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:29 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Okay. Fair enough. In that case, I think we should change the word for "addicted to alcohol" to "alcoholoholism". As long as we're consistent!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:44 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

FootFace wrote:
acr wrote:

Beware this thread.

when everyone i know turns up on your doorstep with torches and pitchforks, remember what you started here today.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:47 pm 
Grandfathered In

acr wrote:
FootFace wrote:
acr wrote:

Beware this thread.

when everyone i know turns up on your doorstep with torches and pitchforks, remember what you started here today.

An avalanche of delight?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:56 pm 
Semen Strong

Vagueans

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:08 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Tofulish wrote:

Well I can understand...."My friend is a vaguean" sounds way better than "my friend is a complete idiot who likes to say she's a vegan but really isn't."

along those lines People who eat stuff they claim they can't especially if they say the 'A' word!

I don't like corn. Corn for the most part is GMO crepe! It isn't fit for human consumption. When people hear me say I don't like it I know they secretly find ways to rub it all over my food BUT I will never say I am allergic to it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 am 
Huffs Nooch

Puma wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Well I can understand...."My friend is a vaguean" sounds way better than "my friend is a complete idiot who likes to say she's a vegan but really isn't."

along those lines People who eat stuff they claim they can't especially if they say the 'A' word!

I don't like corn. Corn for the most part is GMO crepe! It isn't fit for human consumption. When people hear me say I don't like it I know they secretly find ways to rub it all over my food BUT I will never say I am allergic to it.

My Dad used to say he was allergic to Summer Savory. Pfft. He just didn't like it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Puma wrote:

I have a co-worker who says she's lactose intolerant but still consumes things with dairy in them on an almost daily basis.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 am 
Bathes in Braggs

My mom is lactose-intolerant to the extreme. It came on later in life, so it meant a lot of lifestyle changes (plus, due to the fact she's overweight and has a very unhealthy diet, she got the "You need to change your act or you're going to die" talk from the doctor). She refused to change, saying that any milk other than from a cow is just weird and gross, and always made fun of what we ate.

So a few years back we went out to eat in my hometown where she still lives. Lo and behold, there are actually two places in my little bodunk town where my husband and I can eat well (a co-op and an all-vegan cafe). But no, that's weird. She wants pizza. We get salads, and my mom gets a four cheese pizza. We have to stop eating halfway through the meal, because she forgot her pill and she feels like shiitake. She's yelling at me to drive faster...

Aaaaand she shiitakes in my (brand new) car.

One would think this would be a life-altering experience, but no. She still makes fun of what we eat, and we live off of side salads whenever we go out for meals with her, because she'll only allow us to go to pizza parlors and burger joints. Ugh, it's frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 am 
Grandfathered In

It's fascinating what enculturation and habit can do. Drinking this stuff sucked out of a cow's "breast" is natural and normal. Drinking something made from soybeans or rice or almonds is gross. Well, huh.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I regularly take Turbo Kickboxing classes at the gym (cardio kickboxing, so choreographed, slightly dance-y). Been going for years, 3-4 times a week. LOVE those classes. I know all the routines well. In really crowded classes I stand in the second or third row. Classes with less people, usually the front.

So with choreographed routines, most of the instructors say "watch the front row if you can't see me". Makes sense right? They want people that know the routines, or other instructors just taking the class to stand there so the rest of the class can watch them. Helpful, especially when there are 60+ people in the class.

Well this one class I take, there is this bisque of a girl who insists on standing in the same spot every day, front and center. If she is late, she will ask people to move and makes a big deal. Also she throws a shitfit if there is a sub, not the regular instructor (very rude to the sub!)

Anyways, my pet peeve is not her attitude exactly (which is terrible), but the fact that she is always about 1-2 seconds off in the routine. It throws you off. you can't help it. It throws EVERYONE off. SUPER ANNOYING argh.

I'm not the only one, I heard some other people talking about it too.

(yeah, its a stupid pet peeve. but really really really annoying)

Maybe I should start 'accidently' kicking her every time she does that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Chicki, can't you just tell her what you told us? Maybe not so baldly...

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:19 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Chicki- I think you should stand behind her and kick her all the time. Then if she complains just say she was in your space.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:12 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

haha I should say something. But I am pretty quiet in class. I think i will go with the kicking instead

(j/k. I couldn't kick someone on purpose)

There are a group of girls that are instructors in another class that are always making angry faces at her. They will say something soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 pm 
Inflexitarian

People who care too much about RSVP's. It was for lunch tomorrow and I actively participated in the discussion about where we should go, but when the organizer sent out the final rsvp list I was not on it and there was a not so subtle and passive aggressive "...assuming participating in the discussion about restaurant does not constitute an rsvp." Why would I continuously offer my thoughts on the details if I wasn't planning to go?

Along the same vein, I got chewed out a year or so back because I responded to an rsvp with "I probably won't be able to make it." Apparently that was insufficiently definite or some horseshit. I don't understand that personality type, and my suspicion is that I never will.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next