| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 224  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:41 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Tofulish wrote:
Avocatom wrote:
If you were that easy, you'd move here. Bring a coat.

HA. I will bring two.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

So I was at this anniversary party yesterday for the academic bridging program I attended and anyhoo, a nice gentleman chatted with me for a while and when I left, gave me his business card and asked for mine (but I don't have one). Should I take this as a sign I should contact him? I am soooooo rusty with these things. But I think maybe he's interested?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:18 pm 
Huffs Nooch

seitanicverses wrote:
So I was at this anniversary party yesterday for the academic bridging program I attended and anyhoo, a nice gentleman chatted with me for a while and when I left, gave me his business card and asked for mine (but I don't have one). Should I take this as a sign I should contact him? I am soooooo rusty with these things. But I think maybe he's interested?

Yes! Call him. He wouldn't give you his number for any other reason.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:21 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

^Awesome, thanks! I have emailed him a short message saying how nice it was to meet him (his e-mail was on his business card, too) so we'll see what happens next.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:58 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Pretty sure that dude didn't mean to make that full nuddy body shot (including face) public when he was uploading it, judging by how fast he hid his profile after *bleaches eyeballs*.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:45 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

The dating-two-people thing finally came to an end and no one got hurt. :) In other news, the roller derby goddess is my special lady friend now. ("Just two ladies, doing lady things.") She's hilarious, adores everything I cook for her, and tonight I'm coming along to her derby practice. (If you never hear from me again, it's not a malicious ex-lover, I probably broke my skull/arm/leg.)

Oh and something I never realized before, but I apparently do find it important that she's as much into my cat as I am. She adores Moos just as much as I do, despite the fact that she's actually allergic to cats. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Paloma wrote:
The dating-two-people thing finally came to an end and no one got hurt. :) In other news, the roller derby goddess is my special lady friend now. ("Just two ladies, doing lady things.") She's hilarious, adores everything I cook for her, and tonight I'm coming along to her derby practice. (If you never hear from me again, it's not a malicious ex-lover, I probably broke my skull/arm/leg.)

Oh and something I never realized before, but I apparently do find it important that she's as much into my cat as I am. She adores Moos just as much as I do, despite the fact that she's actually allergic to cats. :)

Woohoo! Special lady friend!

I went on another date. I don't know! I just don't know. It wasn't horrible, it was actually fine, but I feel like first dates just won't ever compare to my first date with my last ex. But maybe it was that exciting because it was New Years? I don't know. Maybe someday I'll have a date like that one, or maybe I'm just not even ready to be open to a date like that. I'll hang out with her again, she was nice.

That's the problem. They are all decently nice and I'd like to see them again but I have a hard time seeing me dating aaaanyone. And maybe that's just my forever, I'm not meant to be coupled, but meet bunches of people. *shrug*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 am 
Huffs Nooch

Lycophyte, don't get down about finding 'the one', or whatever. Have fun meeting new people!

I am dealing with a situation I never thought I'd find myself in. Two guys interested in me at the same time. I inadvertently made plans for them to hang out together. Eek. I invited my love interest from OKCupid to a work hangout where my super crush will be. I never thought my workmate would be interested. He's waaaaay cooler than I am and super sexy, but he's been asking around about me and my boss has been working hard to get us together. He also has a cute nickname for me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

TheHerbivore wrote:
Lycophyte, don't get down about finding 'the one', or whatever. Have fun meeting new people!

I am dealing with a situation I never thought I'd find myself in. Two guys interested in me at the same time. I inadvertently made plans for them to hang out together. Eek. I invited my love interest from O(KCupid to a work hangout where my super crush will be. I never thought my workmate would be interested. He's waaaaay cooler than I am and super sexy, but he's been asking around about me and my boss has been working hard to get us together. He also has a cute nickname for me.

Well if they're both obviously into you they'll both be like, shiitake, this person is DESIRABLE. And then you'll probably have a threesome.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

lycophyte wrote:
I went on another date. I don't know! I just don't know. It wasn't horrible, it was actually fine, but I feel like first dates just won't ever compare to my first date with my last ex. But maybe it was that exciting because it was New Years? I don't know. Maybe someday I'll have a date like that one, or maybe I'm just not even ready to be open to a date like that. I'll hang out with her again, she was nice.

Don't compare your date to other dates! You don't have to have the most fabulous time ever and spend 3 days together the first time you meet. You can just enjoy getting to know someone new.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:14 pm 

pandacookie wrote:
lycophyte wrote:

Don't compare your date to other dates! You don't have to have the most fabulous time ever and spend 3 days together the first time you meet. You can just enjoy getting to know someone new.

Yeah, never compare how things were with your ex, at the end of the day that didn't work, so it's not the best measuring stick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:49 pm 
Huffs Nooch

strawberryrock wrote:
TheHerbivore wrote:

I am dealing with a situation I never thought I'd find myself in. Two guys interested in me at the same time. I inadvertently made plans for them to hang out together. Eek. I invited my love interest from O(KCupid to a work hangout where my super crush will be. I never thought my workmate would be interested. He's waaaaay cooler than I am and super sexy, but he's been asking around about me and my boss has been working hard to get us together. He also has a cute nickname for me.

Well if they're both obviously into you they'll both be like, shiitake, this person is DESIRABLE. And then you'll probably have a threesome.

Well, that`s the most logical next step.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:59 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Had a great lunch date today with a verrry cute guy from Okc. Dont want to jinx myself but have tentative plans to get together tomorrow...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:07 pm 

Omg. Hes coming over today after work. Damn shark week.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:24 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Good luck SD!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:32 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

ScooterDiva wrote:
Omg. Hes coming over today after work. Damn shark week.

Haha! Took me a really long time to figure out what you meant.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 pm 

Good luck SD!

I put up a photo of me on a shoot, to me it's a photo of a photographer working, to the men it's obviously an arse shot. The traffic to my profile has multiplied and the emails are sailing in. I've cropped half my arse out of the photo too.

A reeeeeeeally cute guy favourited me, I sent him a short witty email, he hasn't answered, I can see him online, WHY HASN'T HE ANSWERED??!!

I got told to fork off today too, by a guy who I had just (politely) told I didn't want to talk to any more because he seemed bitter and hostile. I think the irony went over his head.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:49 pm 
Semen Strong

You are awesome for keeping on! Also, where is this arse shot? We need pictures!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:22 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Second date with I'll-learn-to-cook-vegan-food-for-you guy and my ex has resurfaced. fork.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 am 

Thanks guys. Had a nice afternoon with the cute guy. Don't know if anything more will develop but if I can focus on living in the present moment, all is well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:36 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Talking with a girl about things we like to do and what we're like. We are using paragraphs, people. I never get to use paragraphs on okc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Hahahahahahahaha.

Went on a date last night. Ran into my date from the previous night. awwwwwkward. I mean it was fine, but like, what do you do?

Gaaaah. Last night's date was better but it might be because a married lady is safer for not making serious attachments on my part, so I'm not second guessing why the hell I'm even there because I don't want a gf just like, flingyfun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:22 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Ex girlfriend contacted me on the facebooks and not so subtley suggested meeting up for dinner some evening. We agreed to still be friends after breaking up, but haven't seen eachother at all since then anyway, so I'm assuming this is completely platonic. But maybe that is a dangerous assumption.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

GymClassZero wrote:
Talking with a girl about things we like to do and what we're like. We are using paragraphs, people. I never get to use paragraphs on okc.

Aha, time to book the wedding venue!

Been using OK Cupid for a few weeks now and not been successful to the point of meeting up with anyone. ); Should probably stary messaging guys myself... when I am feeling slightly braver.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 pm 

Tea wrote:
Ex girlfriend contacted me on the facebooks and not so subtley suggested meeting up for dinner some evening. We agreed to still be friends after breaking up, but haven't seen eachother at all since then anyway, so I'm assuming this is completely platonic. But maybe that is a dangerous assumption.

Put it on hold until you're comfortable enough to do it. I would suggest coffee for the first while, until you're sure of what's happening.

Clicked with a lovely guy over the weekend, then discovered that he's a smoker, I can't physically tolerate cigarette smoke, it's one of my migraine triggers. We were both so sad when we realised it wasn't to be... had a little romantic/slightly dramatic farewell. Just give up the smokes and email me dammit!

Reply to topic  [ 5590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 224  Next