| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 644  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:45 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I screwed up something pretty major that will not only make my life in the next few months harder, but also my friend's. If it just affected me I wouldn't be too worried, but I told her to trust me in handling something and then failed hard. It's going to take her a while to get over this, especially considering how much I've been screwing stuff up lately. Usually all just little things but it adds up. I've learned a lesson in this though. I'm not ready to take on responsibility for other people... I need to stop volunteering myself for these kind of things.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:15 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Angelina wrote:
Just found out a good friend of mine died yesterday in Italy. He was in a car accident 8 years ago, found out he had a brain tumor that caused the accident, had surgery and was doing better. Gets married, his wife is pregnant and their house literally blows up with them in it, due to a gas leak. They both survive, including the unborn baby, but she has a lot of damage to her face which is somewhat repaired by plastic surgery. She gets better, baby is now 3 years old...and my friend gets paralyzed on half of his body. Brain tumor is back...and he passed away yesterday. Why can some people never get a break in life?

Oh holy, divine Jesus!!!!! Sorry I missed this but massive hugs xxxxxx

Mars, please don't beat yourself up. I know I only barely know you from the online world but you seem like a sweet genuine person. xxx

Work..... need I say more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mom's been making rude comments all day and has been saying mean things to the dog (who is a sweety and doesn't deserve that kind of crepe).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:07 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

It is a long an complicated problem. My oldest came back home, got a job and quit in two days. He has now taken the car and stormed off. Because we told him that was not okay.
I don't know how much I can keep doing this.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

My boss's boss is HORRIBLE. Yesterday she sent out an email clearly meant for me (it was addressed to me by someone who didn't have my email address so sent it to her but put my name in the subject line and addressed it "Dear J-Dub") to the ENTIRE staff in a passive aggressive attempt to shame me for doing a fundamental part of my job...that I had already done, she is just too forking incompetent to be able see that. And by see that I literally mean open up a shared excel document and "control+f" a person's name. I realize now I should have replied all when I told her that it had been in the spreadsheet for over a week and that she clearly missed it (in a less combative way, of course).

And then today she called someone back to the office from COURT because she a) cannot follow very simple directions and b) would not accept help from anyone else because she was in a tizzy and so in a tizzy she will stay. She also "works from home" a lot, generally streams tennis matches when she's actually in the office, and makes inexcusable errors multiple times a week. And gets paid nearly double what I do.

UGH.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry j-dub. Crazy, incompetent bosses are the worst.

I wonder why there seem to be so many of them in not-for-profits as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I think I've alienated the only single girl at work who could have potentially been a good friend. I'm a worrier and can't help it. I'm new to the job and worry about doing a good job, and i think it's totally turned her off. I'm so sad. I have zero friends here and now scaring new ones away :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:58 pm 

The guy I've had a huge crush on for a couple years is... engaged. The worst part is I just heard he would have dated me. Being shy forking sucks. A lot. I am crushed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm sorry you have to deal with that nonsense, J-Dub. Your boss's boss sounds dreadful.

I think someone that I might loosely consider a friend is attempting to pursue an emotional affair with me. I don't know if I confront him about it now, or wait to make absolutely certain. I don't want the person he is seeing, who I have not met and know nothing about, to be hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:36 pm 
Cranky

Boss. She has turned a revolving cast of trivial things into an excuse to berate me constantly. She's an abusive bully, essentially. I have to quit or I will go insane. I've had several job interviews recently, but no offers yet, and I'm not far enough along in any of the searches to be confident of an offer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I had my first exam since my return to grad school. It's in a subject that's my specialty (computer networks). I have seriously taken an equivalent grad class at two other universities, and I got an A in both of those. This is shiitake I know/knew/should really know.

And then it was exam time and I panicked and blanked and now I am pretty sure I failed this exam which should have been cake for me.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

My mom called me just before 10 tonight to tell me my Grandpa had been taken to the hospital tonight, and was getting prepped to have his appendix out. I know having your appendix removed is a pretty minor surgery, but I pretty much broke down when I got the call. My worse fear is getting a call that something has happened and one of my grandparents is in serious condition and not being able to be there. They're 89 and 88, so that call isn't all that unlikely, and tonight just has me even more worried.

I'm super close with my grandparents, so being stuck an hour and a half away right now is killing me (no car, and I couldn't even get halfway there on the bus this time of night, otherwise I'd be on my way). And my Grandma has Alzheimer's and without my Grandpa she gets very confused and agitated, so not being able to be there to help keep her calm is making me want to cry allover again.

I just want it to be tomorrow afternoon so I can be there with them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:59 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I puked in the bathroom at work ~30 min ago. I want to go home but I'm worried that I'll puke on the subway. And when I cancelled my afternoon meeting I got a snippy response. Yeah, I said I'm not feeling well because it sounds better than saying I just had to run to the toilet to hurl. It's not an urgent discussion and I doubt she wants to be around me and my puke breath anyway (the thought of a mint churns my stomach).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:43 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Watched a video of the same kind of surgery I had a couple of days ago (gynecomastia surgery), while listening to the sound of the fluid that's built up in my chest. Bad idea of the day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I'm a crasshole and possibly just accidentally outed someone. I'm not even going to pretend there's some good excuse, I was just completely thoughtless in what I said and where I said it. I apologized profusely and the person isn't mad but I just feel like the biggest shithead right now because I should know better. I was already having a shitty low self-esteem day and now I just want to curl up under the bed and stay there so I can somehow avoid inflicting myself on other people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm 
Impressive boner

Love to everyone posting here today xxx

Yesterday was National Poetry Day so I posted my favourite poem (This Be The Verse by Philip Larkin) on my FB status. Mr8's dad just chewed him out for it over the telephone. What the very fork? I didn't think I could be more annoyed with the in-laws after they had Baby Godzilla eat meat but I am now!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

8ball wrote:

Yesterday was National Poetry Day so I posted my favourite poem (This Be The Verse by Philip Larkin) on my FB status. Mr8's dad just chewed him out for it over the telephone. What the very fork? I didn't think I could be more annoyed with the in-laws after they had Baby Godzilla eat meat but I am now!

What?? Why...do they hate poetry?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 pm 
Impressive boner

choirqueer wrote:
8ball wrote:

What?? Why...do they hate poetry?

If so, he hates the best poem in the world!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:58 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Kids were all playing dumb today. I mean, they couldn't figure out that 90 is between 82 and 100, even using a number line. I'm assuming it was something in the water, since they aren't dimwits. They also seemed unable to follow the simplest of written directions. Gah!

My back feels like it is on fire and my ulcer decided to make my stomach feel like it is on fire an hour before the end of school. I was so miserable and losing patience with the ridiculousness of the kids (Friday before a holiday...) that a couple called me on being kind of a bisque. I gave them Oreos, played the new Garbage album (they hated it; tough cookies. They also hate U2, but since I threatened to flunk anyone who voices that opinion, they suck it up) and decided that I'll most likely just have to reteach all this stuff next week (topo maps).

Then, it took me over 3 forking hours to drive home. Now Molly is pissed because I can't get myself upstairs and I'm late. I can hear her yelling and fussing for me (at me?). She will not allow my mom to pick her up and bring her down here. Probably just as well; I don't have patience left for her either.

And, the last item in my list is the fact that I'm feeling whiny, bisque-y, grumpy, and self-indulgent enough to post everything I just ranted about.

(I do really like my job though, so there is that.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

a couple days ago I had to drop a class because I had to add 20hrs/week to my 25hr/week work schedule (making my combined work/school schedule something akin to 95hrs/week) due to having to absorb someone else's medical bills and suddenly being completely and utterly broke. I got a very nice e-mail from the professor of the class I had to drop saying I was welcome to come use their studio space if I wanted to or just come hang out and talk because they like having me in the studio space and it just made me really sad that I can't be in the class or around those folks anymore.
I've just been really sad about all this for a couple days because it's just one of those situations that seems unfair but is unavoidable and just really sucks.
I'll get over it, but for right now I am having a really hard time getting out of the whole "I hate money and I hate sickness and I hate that everyone I love is sick and I hate the forking insurance companies" mindset.

I should mention that everyone (professors letting me schedule work during "in class solo work days" and letting me leave consistently 20min early so I can get to work without batting an eye, 2 separate bosses letting me add insane split-up hours to work) is being super insanely helpful and nice to me about this and I am so so so grateful that so many people have faith in my ability to do this and I am just sad that I can't be less of a burden to them.

I shouldn't complain because everyone is still alive and conscious and I am healthy and I had the means to help, I am just overwhelmed and disappointed in this particular curveball.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:33 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've been sort of unhappy with my hairdresser lately so today I went to another salon and tried another one. I have very curly hair that I wear straight, as I was bullied a lot as a child for having big, wild hair and so I've grown up to hate it in its natural state. This hairdresser today, after I asked for a trim, cut of all my forking hair. It's so short. I can't even clip it up, it's so short. And it's like this really severe graduated bob like T-Boz from TLC and that doesn't suit my face, it makes it look fatter than it is. I'm pretty forking upset; like I said I have a "thing" about my hair because of being teased so much as a child because of it. And I know hair grows, but I'm still upset.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Good grief Boober! Take care of yourself somewhere in there too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

paprikapapaya wrote:
I've been sort of unhappy with my hairdresser lately so today I went to another salon and tried another one. I have very curly hair that I wear straight, as I was bullied a lot as a child for having big, wild hair and so I've grown up to hate it in its natural state. This hairdresser today, after I asked for a trim, cut of all my forking hair. It's so short. I can't even clip it up, it's so short. And it's like this really severe graduated bob like T-Boz from TLC and that doesn't suit my face, it makes it look fatter than it is. I'm pretty forking upset; like I said I have a "thing" about my hair because of being teased so much as a child because of it. And I know hair grows, but I'm still upset.

Having seen your photos, it is safe to say that you are indisputably still kick asparagus gorgeous, even if you aren't loving your hair right now.

I know what you mean about hair issues though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Sugar cravings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:04 pm 

Snorted ham up my nose. So. Forking. Nasty. I need a new job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 644  Next