| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 am 
Nailed to the V

Hey ya I met Willam! I saw on Twitter yesterday that she was going to be at a gay bar two hours away and I told Josh, WE'RE GOING. Basically she sang two songs on stage and we were happy, but then a half hour later she came into the room we were standing in and people were taking pictures with her. Like 5 years ago, my cousin did casting for Nip/Tuck and said Willam is really nice. Willam is SO NICE. I got to spend extra time because she kept misspelling my name on the picture he was signing, and eventually she was like "YOU WRITE IT!" so I signed the bottom, ("Garrick? That's worse than Willam!") and she signed the rest, "Thanks. I'm bad at math but good at everything else. Love Willam." and I said "CAN I GIVE YOU A HUG" so we hugged a really nice hug, her skin is ridiculously soft and she's taller than I'd expected. Or was wearing tall shoes. After we took the picture Willam stumbled (not drunk, just in tall shoes) and I stabilized her and she said "Thanks for having my back, I almost ate it!"

So, that's my story. Now back to regular Drag Race reporting.

P.s. I also got a Willam sticker, the same kind she decorated her boat with and gave to Ru at the reunion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:44 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Did you snatch a piece of her wig as a keepsake?!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am 
Nailed to the V

No! but on the drive home I thought, "I should have taken note of what she smelled like"...But I didn't do that either! I assume good. Willam is 100% as hot up close as she is on TV.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:30 am 

I'm starting to think we're the only ones left who love drag queens.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:22 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I love drag queens. Everybody should love drag queens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:26 pm 

The trailer for all stars is here! So excited!

http://www.newnownext.com/rupauls-all-s ... ebook_rpdr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:23 pm 

Sahara Davenport died yestrerday, no cause of death has been released yet. Such a bummer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am so saddened by that. Sahara just seemed so lovely. I may not have been the biggest fan of her drag, but I really liked her as a person.
May she rest is fabulous and may Manilla be surrounded by support!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Super bummer. Loved her, and loved her and Manilla as a couple. Fuuuuck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Oh wow, that sucks. RIP Sahara.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:40 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Friday LOGO will be airing Season 2 in her memory. I know what I am doing.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I love the queens! I am super excited for all-stars and of course, completely shocked to hear of Sahara's passing. There is a video tribute here.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Tonight is the night.
I watched the bulk of the first episode when they posted it on facebook. I am gagging. There is some fierce.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 am 

I watched all of what they posted, which is everything but the elimination. But it's pretty clear based on that and the trailer as to who goes home.

I'm going to make Brian have 'cuddle and watch Drag Race in bed' time with me because he usually waits until it's on Netflix and that makes me nuts, but I did tell him about
Spoiler: show
them being in pairs (which now explains why it's so few episodes) and how they determined the pairs and how half of the last pair picked got screwed and he said, "So someone got stuck with Mimi, then?"

Also, Sharon Needles did a Peta ad, and I watched the interview video and forgot that Peta cannot make a video without graphic footage randomly inserted. I'm still thinking about it and getting the sads.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I would also love for someone to explain to me why Mimi follows me on twitter. She found me. I am not a fan.

I find her drag to be the sort of camp that tries too hard. I love good camp. And she does not compete well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:29 pm 

I'm putting this in a spoiler since most people probably didn't watch the preview episode.

I think getting paired together hurt Mimi AND Pandora, because even though Pandora is better at camp, they both would've been better with someone more serious to say, "Lime fur and boas? Oh no. No." Just like I think Shannel and Chad being paired together isn't for the best, because they're both perfectionists and showgirls. I think the two best pairings are Latrice/Manila and Tammie/Nina. Like when Latrice got paired with Willam, I think her and Manila are just different enough that they're going to be positive influences on each other. Manila will not let Latrice look like a couch, Latrice will keep some of Manila's ideas in check (like the patriotic challenge from last season).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I'm excited about All Stars. I watched the FB preview & I didn't like the pairing up angle but I'll take what I can get. I'm not sure who I want to win, they are all so great, except for Mimi. Maybe I'm leaning toward Jujubee & Raven, I don't know, I keep changing my mind.

RIP Sahara Davenport. When she went en pointe I was quite impressed. I too hope Manila has a lot of support (I'm sure she does).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

On Willem's scent: I'm guessing it's expensive. Something by Chanel or maybe Fracas.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:11 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh for crying out loud. I am not at all happy. Not even a little bit.

Is it weird that I feel like we are being set up?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm 

Now THAT was an informative Untucked!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I totally need to watch the first season so I can fall more in love with Tammie Brown. I only saw the last few episodes and had no idea! I agree, when people who are too similar pair up it is not a good idea. I was really hoping for Pandora to have a shot this season, maybe she will be the one they sneak back in toward the end if they do that again? I love Latrila and Brown Flowers, my two favorite teams. I love Juju too. Still laughing at "couture vs. cooter." That was one of the best untuckeds mbm!

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Now THAT was an informative Untucked!

I laughed so hard at the hunger games line.

Also, I love me some Tammy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:24 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I just finally watched "Untucked". Wowza, wowza wowza. It is the Mimi of old. It truly is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 pm 
A Bad Person

This is how serious All-Stars is: Chad was at risk for going home on the first episode. CHAD. She could have been last season's winner!

I am fairly certain Mimi was invited because of the drama with Alexis. Obviously there were other queens who were voted higher than Mimi, and the producers had to know something about what happened between them. It's awful that she had to take Pandora down with her. And this result also makes me think the pairing thing is an awful idea. Pandora would probably not be going home on the first episode if it weren't for Mimi. I don't know much about the season 1 queens, and no one seems particularly bad, except for Mimi. It really seemed like being paired with Mimi could have brought down anyone. That doesn't seem really fair to me. They might have considered it a test of Pandora and Mimi's ability to work together, but it was only a test for them. Everyone else got the teammate they wanted, at least their second pick.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:48 pm 

A lot of people are saying that Mimi was picked just to go home first, because no one would question it. People are also pointing out that they have never put so much stock into a photo challenge before, those have always been more of a hazing ritual (they get wet, blown, etc. while Ru laughs). I really did NOT want Mimi to go home first because I didn't want the producers to play into that. If Tammie and Nina go next I will BURN LOGO TO THE GROUND. I want to believe that Tammie and Mimi were cast to give them another chance, not to turn them into cannon fodder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 29  Next