| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favorite Toys
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:06 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Dude, no way, I had the EXACT SAME YELLOW GEARS RATTLE as a kid and now Malka has it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:10 pm 
Semen Strong

FootFace wrote:
A movie I made about one of TRS's toys when he was tiny, many years ago:
(Click the image)

TRS was the cutest chubby baby boy! I loved watching this and seeing his face, recognizing lots of the features that we see in him now. Thank you for sharing this. SO CUTE!!!! Especially those excited moments at the start. BEST!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:14 pm 
Grandfathered In

Ariann wrote:
Dude, no way, I had the EXACT SAME YELLOW GEARS RATTLE as a kid and now Malka has it.

And now you "know" the "real" story of how that toy came to be!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Truly hilarious.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:05 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Aubade, we have one of those cars too! My husband thinks it looks like the batmobile and he sings the theme song when they play with it.

Reminds me too that one thing I would love love to find is a really sturdy larger sized dump truck. I looked for one for Baby G a few years ago but none seemed sturdy. One of my favorite tales of childhood is how my next door friend's dad ran over her brother's Tonka truck *in the car* and it survived. Now the Tonka seems to be just cheap plastic crepe. A good dump truck is a wonderful thing!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:20 pm 
Chip Strong

Bumping this thread because I swear something like this must exist.

Little Nettle loves, loves, loves running fabric along her face, holding blankets, being petted with burp cloths when she's spit up. I thought for sure there must be some kind of fabric rattle - like washcloth sized swatches of different fabrics (cotton, cotton velvet, thermal, corduroy, &c) edged/serged/whatever the right word is so the fabrics are safe for bebes, attached with a wooden ring they could be removed from or something. I can't seem to find anything like this and also don't own a sewing machine or know how to use one or know how to use one to make a bebe safe toy. So, basically, a lot I don't know. But have any of you seen anything like this?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:50 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

not sure exactly what you're looking for but the Taggies stuff makes different fabric type things with many tags hanging off them as apparently many babies love tags.

here's all sorts of Taggies stuff on amazon. maybe one of these is close to what you are looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=taggies&sprefix=taggies%2Caps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:26 pm 
Chip Strong

Ooo, she might like those! She has something with tags on it that my sweetheart and I call Cronenball which is a soft toy ball made of different fabrics that looks like something out of eXistenZ, if, you know, there were bebe toys in eXistenZ.

What I was thinking of is something like this but with different fabrics in addition to different colors:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174141215/pattern-swatch-baby-toy-set?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=swatch+baby+toy&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:09 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

when looking for one of these i would also recommend getting something that has a piece that is crinkly. i dont remember what age it was but at a certain point things that crinkle ARE THE BEST THINGS EVER. i wanna say 6ish months but i dont remember

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:45 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

madeleine.teacup wrote:
Ooo, she might like those! She has something with tags on it that my sweetheart and I call Cronenball which is a soft toy ball made of different fabrics that looks like something out of eXistenZ, if, you know, there were bebe toys in eXistenZ.

What I was thinking of is something like this but with different fabrics in addition to different colors:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174141215/pattern-swatch-baby-toy-set?ref=sr_gallery_18&ga_search_query=swatch+baby+toy&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Maybe the person who makes those would custom make something if you asked.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:16 pm 
Chip Strong

Somehow I always forget that that's an option on etsy!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:53 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

We had a little three-page "book" by Dandelion Organics. It didn't have a rattle but it did crinkle.

Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Dandelion-Organic ... B002BY5CEM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:21 pm 
Naked Under Apron

also along the lines of things that crinkle etc for really little ones, the classic book/toy Pat the Bunny! both of my kids went thru obsessive phase with that, but it does have a smelly page that drove us CRAZY.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:16 pm 
Chip Strong

mandycoot, thanks for the suggestion, I picked up the crinkly book - LisaPunk, you were right, Little Nettle is nuts for the crinkling! She likes to chew on the pages, which is obviously terrible behavior for real books but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:26 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

has anyone ever had good luck in trying to switch out a beat up old favorite toy for a fresher version before the old one disintegrates?
im not talking about switching it and pretending it's the same one but rather giving them a fresh one and trying to slowly take the old one and maybe put it on a shelf for safe keeping.

BabyPunk is OBSESSED with this bear. she has a small version of it that is the perfect size for her.
http://shop.gund.com/p/snuffles-white-extra-large-13-5

it's actually the same bear i had when i was younger (a bigger version though) and i have a collection of various sizes and colors and styles in my house and she really took to hers.

its now beat to hell and gray and im waiting for the fur to start falling off and i dont know what she will do when it eventually disintegrates.
my parents bought us a second one in case we lost the first one but it's pristine and white and fluffy.
i also have a larger size she might like now that she's older.

i have a feeling she's just going to want her beat up loved on abused BFF bear though