| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you make for your baby/toddler to eat today?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I unintentionally served the boy a day full of breakfast food. He didn't complain!

Breakfast: mutigrain waffle with a touch of agave maple syrup and EB, a pear half
Snack: blueberry soy yogurt
Lunch: oatmeal with peanut butter, coconut oil, and applesauce mixed in, strawberries coated in flax oil
Snack: smoothie with kale, pineapple, mango, coconut, and plant fusion protein
Dinner: tofu scramble with spinach, tomatoes, nooch, garlic, and a slice of sunflower butter toast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:38 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

GuineaPig wrote:

Honestly it sounds like you're doing a really great job adding in extra calories in a healthy way to his diet. How concentrated is his toddler formula (22 calories/ounce, 24 calories/ounce, etc.)?

Thanks GP, I just saw this! His formula is concentrated to 24 cal/ounce. The most I can get him to drink of it now is around 12-14 ounces daily. But he drinks at least one large sippy cup full of soy milk with flax oil each day, no problem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 pm 
Inflexitarian

Raspberry Swirl wrote:
GuineaPig wrote:

Honestly it sounds like you're doing a really great job adding in extra calories in a healthy way to his diet. How concentrated is his toddler formula (22 calories/ounce, 24 calories/ounce, etc.)?

Thanks GP, I just saw this! His formula is concentrated to 24 cal/ounce. The most I can get him to drink of it now is around 12-14 ounces daily. But he drinks at least one large sippy cup full of soy milk with flax oil each day, no problem.

With a 24 cal/oz formula and everything else you're adding to his food you are doing everything textbook perfect. The only option left is to forbid him from running and playing :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Aargh. Kai is pretty much totally refusing dinner every single day now. Last night my partner made him a sunshine burger and a barely-veggie side dish. He ate about 2 bites of barely. Then of course, he ate the entire thing as leftovers for lunch today with his babysitter.

Tonight I made him grilled cheeze with colby from the uncheese cookbook on this delicious multigrain oat bread. I did it on the george foreman so it was nice and melty & lightly toasted. He wouldn't eat a single bite, and is now begging for cookies. (which I won't give him)

I am trying not to get upset but it is so damn annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Aubade wrote:
Aargh. Kai is pretty much totally refusing dinner every single day now. Last night my partner made him a sunshine burger and a barely-veggie side dish. He ate about 2 bites of barely. Then of course, he ate the entire thing as leftovers for lunch today with his babysitter.

Tonight I made him grilled cheeze with colby from the uncheese cookbook on this delicious multigrain oat bread. I did it on the george foreman so it was nice and melty & lightly toasted. He wouldn't eat a single bite, and is now begging for cookies. (which I won't give him)

I am trying not to get upset but it is so damn annoying.

I'd like to eat your uncheese toast! Sorry he is not cooperating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:10 pm 
Semen Strong

Breakfast: granola, yogurt, apple slices and banana
Lunch: quinoa with nooch and broccoli
Dinner: She was really unhappy before dinner finished so she got a cold bowl of quinoa and blackbeans and a shot of PB smoothie before I put her to bed. We had the chickpea, cabbage and rice for dinner. She'll have it for lunch tomorrow.

Do you ever think that we're making our kids supergassy? L eats pretty much as many beans and cruciferous veggies as I can get into her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 pm 

Freya farts up a storm some days (especially if she eats baked beans). She has that old man thing going on though, where I hear a little "unh" then a fart sound and an "ahhh". Doesn't seem to bother her like it used to though, except occasionally when too much garlic is involved (even on my part!).

Getting back in the groove a bit today after a cold, but had a messed-up-on-the-go-lunch

B-fast: yogurt, blueberries, couple of o's and bites of my toast
skipped a.m. snack because of altered nap times, then woke up at like 11:50, hung laundry and decided to try and hit the park before the clouds came
Lunch ended up being half a Nakd bar, some freaking awesome bread and grapes
PM snack - rice cake
dinner - Adzuki bean/butternut squash burritos (also green pepper but was refused), couple chunks of Cheezly, loads of avocado, and some finger-fed rice!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:04 pm 
Semen Strong

Breakfast: oatmeal, almond milk and PB w/ apple
Lunch: blackbeans and sweet potatos over quinoa
Dinner: cabbage chickpea rice (ppk)soup and toast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Kai ate about a 1/2 cup of plain brown rice and nearly 1/2 an avocado tonight. i feel like jumping for joy! The stars must be aligned.

I gave him a graham cracker for dessert and I never saw a kid so happy to get a cookie haha.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:01 pm 
Inflexitarian

Hmmm...I wonder if Guineapiglet just has amazing intestinal fortitude or is a mutant vegan baby, beans never make her gassy! Her favorite food in the whole world is anything with beans in it (but curiously she will not eat just plain beans) - hummus, falafel, pinto bean cakes, black bean burgers, refried beans by the spoonful. She's also into this greeny leafy vegetable phase which is interesting since she can't really fully chew them (as evidenced by the shreads of spinach, kale and lettuce in her diaper the next day). But anywho. Today was not a banner day in eating, I ate something funky yesterday so she was a poop machine today and wasn't really into solid food (aside from her tamales of course which she ate like a champ)

Breakfast - O's and freeze dried fruit
Snack - same
Lunch - tofu tamales with sweet potato tots
Dinner - an attempt at the last of the spinach tempeh cakes but she wasn't into it, ended up sipping on a little coconut water to help with the poop situation but other than that it was a heavy nursing day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka almost never farts, maybe once every other day. Then again her diet is very low in fiber.
I think someone's flipped the eating switch on Malka because she's eating - all kinds of things (well, not that many things, but still!)!

Breakfast: half a nature's path fig and flax waffle
lunch: tofu, "buttered" macaroni, apple - at daycare, not sure how much, but a lot of it
snack: a bunch of mini Ritz peanut butter sandwiches, leftover from Mr. A's camping trip this weekend, now we have to find a brand that isn't partially hydrogenated and high fructose corn syruped - she is in love with these
dinner: rice and red cabbage (spit out the chickpeas) - she went crazy for this! She also drank out of a cup (bottle lid) a bunch of sips without spilling with no help!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Ariann wrote:
snack: a bunch of mini Ritz peanut butter sandwiches, leftover from Mr. A's camping trip this weekend, now we have to find a brand that isn't partially hydrogenated and high fructose corn syruped - she is in love with these

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have an organic version of the mini peanut butter crackers that are a big hit around our house.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 am 
***LIES!!!***

Oh fabulous, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:53 am 
Inflexitarian

sofrito wrote:
Ariann wrote:

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have an organic version of the mini peanut butter crackers that are a big hit around our house.

These sound great. Guineapiglet loves peanut butter we'll have to look for these. I haven't been to TJ's in almost a year I'm overdue for a trip.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am 
Saggy Butt

For those who don't have access to Trader Joe's, Late July also makes some mini peanut butter sandwich crackers (except they were apparently part of the Sunland recall: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm322290.htm).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm 
Inflexitarian

Mashed bananas yesterday. Baby's first fruit. And the day before she had a tummy bug, today I have it. (Joy) But she just wants to sleep, so no biggie...

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:46 pm 
Semen Strong

Breakfast: tofu scramble with mushrooms and organic greens over sprouted toast plus a bite of an apple oatbran muffin. She didn't eat a ton, but did eat a bit of everything

Lunch: sweet potato and blackbeans over quinoa with Isa's guac (OJ instead of lemon). SO GOOD.

Dinner: Chickpea and rice soup with more left over toast.

Just fyi, re Trader Joes. They sell little pouches of apple and carrot mush for $2.99 for 4 which is a lot cheaper than WF does.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:41 pm 

Hey...a day eating real people food (not so picky as some days)

Breakfast: yogurt, loads of blueberries, puffed oats
snack: rice cakes
lunch: Amy's veggie/barley soup, bread, plums and a couple stray blueberries from breakfast
snack two: nibbled Swedish toast, but not too hungry (had just nursed like a fiend for like two hours)
dinner: tofu (plain, didn't like the tofu scramble so much), nibbled pancake, pears

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:42 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Breakfast: cinnamon raisin mini-bagel, apple slices, soy yogurt
Snack: piece of multigrain bread, granola (dry), half a Lara bar, applesauce
Lunch: crackers, milk
Snack: puffin cereal, sliced almonds, milk
Dinner: tofu scramble, tomatoes, tater tots, ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:08 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Tofulish wrote:
Just fyi, re Trader Joes. They sell little pouches of apple and carrot mush for $2.99 for 4 which is a lot cheaper than WF does.

Awesome, thanks! Charlie has a tendency to gag himself to the point of puking (a lot), so we are slowing down a bit on finger foods, and he will pound purees.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:16 pm 
Semen Strong

I had to sub out dinner because she got ready for bed so fast. I ended up feeding her left over lunch, except added some broc and a miso tahini sauce. Quick and devoured.

When she is tired, I feel like the window of feeding her and getting her to bed gets so small!

sofrito wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Awesome, thanks! Charlie has a tendency to gag himself to the point of puking (a lot), so we are slowing down a bit on finger foods, and he will pound purees.

They had a couple of flavors. Here is a review of the Crushers :) http://eatingatjoes.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -crushers/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:42 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I just want to say that Malka is eating enough food these days that she finally had her first fully formed poop today and it was very exciting for the one tasked with wiping her asparagus (me). Hooray food.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting and I read through several pages of this thread but I must admit that I didn't read all 15 pages. so sorry, but I'm trying to check out the forum while my 10mo little lady, Harriet, gets her evening nap in!

I joined the forum especially to get advice on feeding my veggie/vegan baby so this thread is perfect! heres what she had today:

breakfast: mashed banana with plain soy yogurt and earth's best instant oat cereal
lunch: pinto/zucchini/buckwheat mini pancakes, fruit salad of fresh fig/banana/melon and a quarter avocado

we snack on bananas and water throughout the day and I am still breastfeeding. Her dinners are pretty light compared to dinner and this evening we just snacked on fruit and another pancake in place of dinner since lunch was so late in the day.

basically I try to squeeze in whole grains, legumes, fruits and veg - soy yogurt is a new thing I started giving her in the last couple days and she loves it!

-grace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 am 
Semen Strong

Yesterday
Breakfast: coconut yogurt, granola, Honey Crisp slices. Ate the yogurt and granola and threw the apple slices around the living room.
Lunch: Pirate booty and breastmilk (MOM FAIL) at the museum with Ariann :)
Dinner: Litelife tacos with Isa's guac (OJ instead of lemon) and broccoli. She loved the guac and ate so much of the taco meat, it was amazing. She put away about a half a cup.

Breakfast today: Tofu scramble with kale and mushrooms, leftover guac and sprouted toast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:19 pm 

Welcome rosemary! My little one is 10 months too (26th of November)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 25  Next