| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHTS!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:34 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Hey everyone! I'm new here on the boards, but I have been an avid reader for some time now. I just realized that I have zero vegan or vegetarian friends and I have been a vegan since I was 17, vegetarian since 11. I'm 21 now and I really would like to meet new friends that I can talk to about all things vegan and so much more. Either an online friendship or if you're from Philly maybe someone to even hangout with. =]

So! A bit about me. My name is Britany. I love animals (obviously). I have two lovely twin girls who are almost four months old now. I live with my partner Richard, my bestfriend and favorite doggie Mystery, and my other favorite little girl Brooklyn. Brooklyn is a very special kitty, she has paralysis of the hind legs. We have a page for her on facebook http://www.facebook.com/savingbrooklyn. She just loves new friends. I LOVE Buffy and Heroes. <<< Let's talk about this =]
I'm really into music and writing.

My hobbies and other activities include: baking, DIY projects, SHOPPING, ETSY SHOPPING!!!, stealing mean peoples "pets", drinking, people watching, art, making things shiny, meowing at strangers, marshmallow fights!!, cursing, eating waffles!

Does any of this sound good to you? Are you my new vegan BFF?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:23 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 430
Location: L.A.
Hi Britany! I too love Buffy, Etsy (I have a shop there!) and cursing :) My husband is from the Philly area and we go back every once in awhile to visit his family. I've heard there are some good vegan places in the city!

Brooklyn is adorable!

_________________
Hi, I'm Kylie
Cool Stuff I Make
Fellowship of the Vegetable


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:29 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6666
Location: Norristown, PA
Hi! I live near Philly! I'm too broke to shop and I don't drink, but I love waffles and art...and I am baking right now...and I have seen every episode of every TV show that Joss Whedon has ever directed, because I am just that cool. I went vegan when I was 17, too...and am celebrating my 10-year veganniversary next month, you do the math ;-) Also I like music...a lot. My username might be a clue!

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:33 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am
Posts: 1530
Welcome! I bet you could find threads about Buffy and Heroes in the living room section of this forum. And I would totally be down for a marshmallow fight, but vegan marshmallows are freaking expensive :P

_________________
"One time I meant to send a potential employer a resume, but I accidentally sent them a bucket of puke!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:05 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: Malvern, PA
We have quite a Philly community. Check out the Philly Phorum!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:15 pm 
Offline
Spent a night at the Bates Motel
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: detroit, mi
But marshmallows are so yummy! How about we fight over who can eat more s'mores instead?
Welcome to the PPK, Britany! Brooklyn is indeed adorable. You will find much fun on the PPK discussing kitties and puppies and tv shows and even being a vegan mom.

_________________
I'm still buddhist & I still love cupcakes.
My crochet blog! http://threadbythreadzen.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:28 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6666
Location: Norristown, PA
starrynight87 wrote:
We have quite a Philly community. Check out the Philly Phorum!


Well, we could have quite a Philly community if we met up more than like once a year XD

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:02 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
FabulouslyFierce wrote:
Hi Britany! I too love Buffy, Etsy (I have a shop there!) and cursing :) My husband is from the Philly area and we go back every once in awhile to visit his family. I've heard there are some good vegan places in the city!

Brooklyn is adorable!



Thank you! She is pretty adorable. =]

That's super cool that you have your own Etsy shop. Definitely would like to take a look sometime. If I could make anything worth selling on there I totally would lol. Philly does have some good places to eat for vegans. My favorite so far is Fu Wah Mini Market. They have killer tofu hoagies. The only downer is that you can't eat in. =[


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
choirqueer wrote:
Hi! I live near Philly! I'm too broke to shop and I don't drink, but I love waffles and art...and I am baking right now...and I have seen every episode of every TV show that Joss Whedon has ever directed, because I am just that cool. I went vegan when I was 17, too...and am celebrating my 10-year veganniversary next month, you do the math ;-) Also I like music...a lot. My username might be a clue!



Hey there! Nice to "meet" you. =]

What have you been baking? I was baking a chocolate coffee cake earlier. It turned out OKAY. It was my first coffee cake. I was a coffee cake virgin. Hehe.

WHOA! That's a lotta Whedon =]. I have seen every episode of Buffy and Angel multiple times haha. I can't say the same about every one of his shows though. I have never watched Firefly (*sigh* I know). I'm so happy to see so many Buffy/Whedon fans though. This is awesome.

I'm into all kinds of music. So, you're in a choir? How is that going?

Oh! Happy Veganniversary! I wish you veggie awesomeness <3333


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:21 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Jigglypuff wrote:
Welcome! I bet you could find threads about Buffy and Heroes in the living room section of this forum. And I would totally be down for a marshmallow fight, but vegan marshmallows are freaking expensive :P



Awesome. Thanks for the tip. Annnd you're definitely right on that one but I promise it would so be worth it. =]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:22 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
starrynight87 wrote:
We have quite a Philly community. Check out the Philly Phorum!



Thanks! <333


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:27 pm 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
dakini wrote:
But marshmallows are so yummy! How about we fight over who can eat more s'mores instead?
Welcome to the PPK, Britany! Brooklyn is indeed adorable. You will find much fun on the PPK discussing kitties and puppies and tv shows and even being a vegan mom.



Well, that does sound fun. I just had Sweet & Sara s'mores yesterday. They're the best. =]

Thanks for the warm welcome Dakini, and everyone!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:47 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6666
Location: Norristown, PA
MentalFiction7x wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
Hi! I live near Philly! I'm too broke to shop and I don't drink, but I love waffles and art...and I am baking right now...and I have seen every episode of every TV show that Joss Whedon has ever directed, because I am just that cool. I went vegan when I was 17, too...and am celebrating my 10-year veganniversary next month, you do the math ;-) Also I like music...a lot. My username might be a clue!



Hey there! Nice to "meet" you. =]

What have you been baking? I was baking a chocolate coffee cake earlier. It turned out OKAY. It was my first coffee cake. I was a coffee cake virgin. Hehe.

WHOA! That's a lotta Whedon =]. I have seen every episode of Buffy and Angel multiple times haha. I can't say the same about every one of his shows though. I have never watched Firefly (*sigh* I know). I'm so happy to see so many Buffy/Whedon fans though. This is awesome.

I'm into all kinds of music. So, you're in a choir? How is that going?

Oh! Happy Veganniversary! I wish you veggie awesomeness <3333


Today I was running some cupcake tests and then I made Pumpkin Rainbow Mac!

Yeah! This is us at our most recent concert -- I'm the one on the left with the purple hair

Do you sing/play an instrument?

I have the DVD set of Firefly. If you want we could watch sometime! I'm always up for a Firefly marathon. :D

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:04 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 am
Posts: 2430
Location: UK
Choirqueer, that is fantastic!

_________________
Everyone turns into Boo Radley, if they live long enough ~ seitanicverses


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 am 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
choirqueer wrote:
MentalFiction7x wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
Hi! I live near Philly! I'm too broke to shop and I don't drink, but I love waffles and art...and I am baking right now...and I have seen every episode of every TV show that Joss Whedon has ever directed, because I am just that cool. I went vegan when I was 17, too...and am celebrating my 10-year veganniversary next month, you do the math ;-) Also I like music...a lot. My username might be a clue!



Hey there! Nice to "meet" you. =]

What have you been baking? I was baking a chocolate coffee cake earlier. It turned out OKAY. It was my first coffee cake. I was a coffee cake virgin. Hehe.

WHOA! That's a lotta Whedon =]. I have seen every episode of Buffy and Angel multiple times haha. I can't say the same about every one of his shows though. I have never watched Firefly (*sigh* I know). I'm so happy to see so many Buffy/Whedon fans though. This is awesome.

I'm into all kinds of music. So, you're in a choir? How is that going?

Oh! Happy Veganniversary! I wish you veggie awesomeness <3333


Today I was running some cupcake tests and then I made Pumpkin Rainbow Mac!

Yeah! This is us at our most recent concert -- I'm the one on the left with the purple hair

Do you sing/play an instrument?

I have the DVD set of Firefly. If you want we could watch sometime! I'm always up for a Firefly marathon. :D



Wow. That was great! You sing, you bake, you watch Buffy and you're a vegan with purple hair. Congrats, you win at life. =D

I know it's a far stretch from choir but I used to scream sing and I was pretty good at it, then I just kinda stopped doing it and now it's just not the same. I do hope that after my daughters are a bit older that I can take some guitar lessons again maybe heh. So for now I'm just listening, not performing. You look like you have a lot of fun though, color me jealous.

Well then, I will save Firefly for you! =]

Your Pumpkin Rainbow Mac looks interesting fersure. I would try to make it today myself but I don't have nutritional yeast. Actually, I have searched all of Philadelphia for nutritional yeast with no luck. </3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6666
Location: Norristown, PA
MentalFiction7x wrote:

Your Pumpkin Rainbow Mac looks interesting fersure. I would try to make it today myself but I don't have nutritional yeast. Actually, I have searched all of Philadelphia for nutritional yeast with no luck. </3


I usually bulk-order nutritional yeast from Amazon. I use sooooooooooo much of it! But if you want to buy local, I know the Weaver's Way Coop definitely has it. Mariposa probably does too, but I've never been there so I couldn't say for sure.

So cool, let's hang out sometime! PM me as you wish!

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3214
Location: Ireland
Welcome to the PPK :)

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 pm 
Offline
Chip Strong
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Baltimore
I also went vegan when I was 17 and am now 21. Philly is pretty close but I've never been there. One day!

I want to watch Buffy, but I don't seem to have enough time lately, and there are so many seasons that I get a bit intimidated. I have seen Firefly, though, but it's been years, and I've seen some of Heroes.

Brooklyn is adorable! What kinds of music do you like?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:24 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: Malvern, PA
choirqueer wrote:
starrynight87 wrote:
We have quite a Philly community. Check out the Philly Phorum!


Well, we could have quite a Philly community if we met up more than like once a year XD

Not for lack of trying!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
Spent a night at the Bates Motel
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: detroit, mi
eatsbabies wrote:
I also went vegan when I was 17 and am now 21. Philly is pretty close but I've never been there. One day!

I want to watch Buffy, but I don't seem to have enough time lately, and there are so many seasons that I get a bit intimidated. I have seen Firefly, though, but it's been years, and I've seen some of Heroes.

Brooklyn is adorable! What kinds of music do you like?


I can totally understand why you'd feel that way about Buffy. But dive in! I promise you won't regret it. I watched it when it first aired and have re-watched it a few times since, and it has stood the test of time for me.

_________________
I'm still buddhist & I still love cupcakes.
My crochet blog! http://threadbythreadzen.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 pm 
Offline
Hearts James Cromwell

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:40 pm
Posts: 47
Hi, I also have no vegan or even vegetarian friends irl. A few used to be vegetarian, but who knows what happened. Looks like we're also on similar dietary timelines, as I went vegetarian at 12 or 13, then vegan at 17, and am now 23. Marshmallow fights might be fun if vegan marshmallows weren't so expensive. I've only bought them once in a decade of being vegetarian because of the price. Maybe in a few years I'll be desperate enough for smores to buy them again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 pm
Posts: 3395
Location: NJ/Philadelphia
Well hello there and welcome to the PPK! I am in Jersey but work in Philly, so I'm in and out daily. I'm good for lunch meet-ups in Rittenhouse.

Can we eat the mallow once we are done throwing it at each other?

ETA: Also, my schedule is bonkers right now. But I'm in need of some Grindcore badly! I hear a pumpkin latte and some cheesecake calling my name from across the city. So if I manage to find a day to go I will post in the Philly section letting everyone know and maybe we can gather up!

_________________
"Gnome kicking says a lot a man's character." - Babbette


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 pm 
Offline
Moving To Sheepshead Bay
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 5920
Welcome to the ppk! I love baking, and most recently made a "dreamsicle cake": orange cake with vanilla buttercream. I also enjoy some DIY projects, and love music. What is your favorite drink?

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 am 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Welcome to the ppk! I love baking, and most recently made a "dreamsicle cake": orange cake with vanilla buttercream. I also enjoy some DIY projects, and love music. What is your favorite drink?


Wow, that sounds amazing, like creamsicles. How did it turn out? The most recent thing I have baked was Pumpkin Chocolate- Chip cookies which were awesome dipped in coffee. Hehe. This time of year everything is pumpkin flavor in this house. =]

I'm a whiskey gal myself. I actually drinked for the first time with my bestfriend this weekend since before I was pregnant with my girls so yeah. I was tipsy at about two drinks deep. Haha. =]

What about you? What's your poison?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I have ZERO Vegan friends - let's have MARSHMALLOW FIGHT
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:49 am 
Offline
Memorized Veganomicon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
GraciaKai wrote:
Well hello there and welcome to the PPK! I am in Jersey but work in Philly, so I'm in and out daily. I'm good for lunch meet-ups in Rittenhouse.

Can we eat the mallow once we are done throwing it at each other?

ETA: Also, my schedule is bonkers right now. But I'm in need of some Grindcore badly! I hear a pumpkin latte and some cheesecake calling my name from across the city. So if I manage to find a day to go I will post in the Philly section letting everyone know and maybe we can gather up!


Sweet. I actually live in the Northeast (not as vegan friendly) but I am downtown almost daily to see my daughters who are currently staying at a hospital there.

Totally can eat them! As pretty much everyone here has already mentioned, the vegan marshmallows are far too pricey to waste throwing at eachother. XD

My schedule is pretty insane as well. I have been going to sleep at around 11 AM and waking up at 4 PM every day. It's really hard for me to get back to normal lol.

I've never been to Grindcore. That's by Blackbird right? I just went to Govinda's for the very first time last week and it was EPIC. Party in my mouth. <3

That would be awesome if all of us Philly vegans could meet up! My partner Richard is also a vegan. So he would totally be down for tagging along too. =]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bsd, Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer