| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383 ... 625  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:34 pm 
Married to the wolfman

choirqueer wrote:
I'm a crasshole and possibly just accidentally outed someone. I'm not even going to pretend there's some good excuse, I was just completely thoughtless in what I said and where I said it. I apologized profusely and the person isn't mad but I just feel like the biggest shithead right now because I should know better. I was already having a shitty low self-esteem day and now I just want to curl up under the bed and stay there so I can somehow avoid inflicting myself on other people.

Aw CQ. I hate when shiitake like that happens, and there's nothing to do but say sorry and feel awful.

Can I tell a terrible story? I'll put it behind a cut because it's not relevant to most people but maybe will cheer someone up in the "everyone does horrible shiitake thoughtlessly sometimes" way.

Spoiler: show
Over the summer I was visiting my in-laws, who I totally adore. My spouse's grandmother is very old and quite unwell, and unfortunately her memory is really going. At one point, my aunt-in-law (who talks to her mother every single day, usually in the morning and the evening) was in the hospital for a couple of days. Naturally grandmother was kept informed about this. The day after aunt came home from the hospital, my mother-in-law called grandmother on the phone to chat. After she got off the phone, she reported to my spouse and I that grandmother said, "oh, was (aunt) in the hospital? oh dear, what's wrong with her?"

I laughed out loud.

And as soon as I did I was like oh jesus, that is horrible. I just laughed at someone's forking DEMENTIA. Someone's MOM's dementia. Someone's beloved grandmother's dementia. Someone *I* love's dementia. Anyone's dementia. Dementia is so not funny!

Of course I apologized profusely, but I still freaking feel bad that that was my first impulse, and that I did it so thoughtlessly.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:03 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

coldandsleepy wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
I'm a crasshole and possibly just accidentally outed someone. I'm not even going to pretend there's some good excuse, I was just completely thoughtless in what I said and where I said it. I apologized profusely and the person isn't mad but I just feel like the biggest shithead right now because I should know better. I was already having a shitty low self-esteem day and now I just want to curl up under the bed and stay there so I can somehow avoid inflicting myself on other people.

Aw CQ. I hate when shiitake like that happens, and there's nothing to do but say sorry and feel awful.

Can I tell a terrible story? I'll put it behind a cut because it's not relevant to most people but maybe will cheer someone up in the "everyone does horrible shiitake thoughtlessly sometimes" way.

Over the summer I was visiting my in-laws, who I totally adore. My spouse's grandmother is very old and quite unwell, and unfortunately her memory is really going. At one point, my aunt-in-law (who talks to her mother every single day, usually in the morning and the evening) was in the hospital for a couple of days. Naturally grandmother was kept informed about this. The day after aunt came home from the hospital, my mother-in-law called grandmother on the phone to chat. After she got off the phone, she reported to my spouse and I that grandmother said, "oh, was (aunt) in the hospital? oh dear, what's wrong with her?"

I laughed out loud.

And as soon as I did I was like oh jesus, that is horrible. I just laughed at someone's forking DEMENTIA. Someone's MOM's dementia. Someone's beloved grandmother's dementia. Someone *I* love's dementia. Anyone's dementia. Dementia is so not funny!

Of course I apologized profusely, but I still freaking feel bad that that was my first impulse, and that I did it so thoughtlessly.

I'll respond to your spoiler in spoiler just for consistency's sake...
I went through a period of several years where basically someone that I loved died every few weeks/months...like, I lost count of how many, it was horrible. After like the fourth or fifth, I started coping by laughing at the whole thing because it was just so forked up and ridiculous. I had to be really careful because obviously not everybody is okay with laughing about death. But I would have gone absolutely batshit if I didn't have some way to laugh about it. Sometimes laughing is the healthiest coping option we have available to us, and sometimes, like bursting into tears unexpectedly or getting sick to one's stomach and barfing, it comes out when we're not planning on it. Totally normal! <3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got sunburned.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 am 
Not NOT A Furry

My fiance went out for a motorcycle ride alone today to a place that's like 2 hrs away, including some off-roading in the mountains. No one has heard from him since he arrived there at noon today... it's now almost 12 hours later. I figured he'd be home by like 3 or 4 at the latest. His phone is going straight to voicemail and has been since I first started trying to call at like 5... I'm very, very worried and in a few minutes his mom and I are going to start calling police stations and hospitals to see if they've heard anything. :(

This is very unlike him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:32 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

:( so sorry, free. Wishing good lucks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Oh shiitake, that sounds awful Freetahtah. You guys are in my thoughts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:28 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Oh no, Freetahtah. I hope you got good news since you posted this. Thinking of you all...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:27 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Freetahtah, I'm hoping you've had some good news since then.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Freetahtah, that's awful. I'll be thinking of you guys today.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Freetahtah wrote:
My fiance went out for a motorcycle ride alone today to a place that's like 2 hrs away, including some off-roading in the mountains. No one has heard from him since he arrived there at noon today... it's now almost 12 hours later. I figured he'd be home by like 3 or 4 at the latest. His phone is going straight to voicemail and has been since I first started trying to call at like 5... I'm very, very worried and in a few minutes his mom and I are going to start calling police stations and hospitals to see if they've heard anything. :(

This is very unlike him.

Thinking of you. I hope you got some sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:10 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Freetahtah I hope he has come home x

Being a woman.... I want to be a man.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:30 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

daisychain wrote:

If you're serious about this, there is nothing stopping you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:49 pm 

Mars wrote:
daisychain wrote:

If you're serious about this, there is nothing stopping you!

I'm only serious about it a handful of days out of the month. I'm being tortured by my own female anatomy at present and I want revenge.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Freetahtah, I hope you hear something soon!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:28 pm 
Semen Strong

Good luck Freetahtah. I hope your fiance came home safe!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Freetahtah, any updates?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:29 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and concern. We ended up hearing from him at about 1 in the morning.

His experience was pretty epic, it seems. Turns out, he took a wrong turn on a road that had been washed out and was no longer navigable by motorcycle and he didn't figure out he was without cellphone reception until it was too late. He had already dropped and picked his bike up so many times by that point that he couldn't physically do it anymore when it happened the last time, and was even thrown off of his bike at one point after he hit a boulder hiding in some taller grass. Luckily, he was all decked out in his safety gear and helmet, so he wasn't too bad off from that. He said he hiked for about 10 hours in huge motorcycle boots (not made for walking AT ALL) trying to get back to civilization (luckily he had a GPS), but had no food or water and ended up following some cows to their water source and drinking from their trough out of desperation (yuck! but it kept him going!). Finally he found some people camping and one of them drove him to a nearby town (also without cell phone coverage... so very rural) where he started knocking on random peoples' doors until someone answered.

Thank goodness for those people. They took him in, gave him water and cookies, let him use the phone to call me, and called their sheriff friend who drove my fiance back to a larger town where I met up with him. I ended up picking him up at about 4 in the morning and after a while it became clear that we needed to take him to the nearby ER due to dehydration, so that's where we spent until about 11 am today... didn't get home until about 1pm.

I don't know that I've ever stayed awake for so long before. Maybe 30 hours? Phew. Glad it's all over and he seems to be okay. Whether or not he ends up with some crud from drinking from the dirty water trough is yet to be determined!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:40 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Wow, that is a huge ordeal. So glad to hear that he is okay and that you're been reunited. He's very lucky!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:51 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I am so glad he's okay!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Wow, freetahtah! That is a heck of a story. So glad he's back safe and sound. Hope that he doesn't get any crud from that water!

I was walking to a restaurant earlier and this Guy kept moving to block my way on the sidewalk. At firsti thought we were trying to get out of each others way, and I said oh excuse me, but then he repeated excuse me, excuse me in a mocking way and kept blocking me coming closer. I'm still not wild about being out after dark (even though this was like 6:30) and something about the encounter made me feel trapped. I just said Please don', and he let me by. I guess it's no. Big deal, but it gave me a little but if a panicky feeling.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Apparently, my mom's family deals with a dying brother by in-fighting and hating each other, all driven by one of them. This pattern has happened each time.

My mom is very upset, and this will get worse, because I know she won't be able to help trying to solve things. I've just began communicating frequently to some of them, so now they want to drag me in, so I just have to cut it off.

Been there, done that with my dad's vile family.

Why can't things ever just be happy and simple? Why make crepe situations worse?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Freetahtah, glad to hear your sweetheart is well! That's such a scary position to be in.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So glad to hear it worked out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:28 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

What a relief, Freetatah! I'm glad he came home fairly unharmed. And hooray for the people who took him in (and gave him cookies!)
Hope you can get some rest now.

ndpittman, I'm so sorry this happened to you. People can be such jerks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:45 am 

Freetahtah, glad your OH is home. That sounds like one heck of an ordeal.

So, the pain isn't as bad today but still no sign of aunt flo. I'm dosed up on painkillers and hugging the hot water bottle for dear life just in case.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383 ... 625  Next