| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 644  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:59 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Whoa, Freetahtah. I'm happy to hear that your fiance is home again.

I was at someones birthday party yesterday with my Special Lady Friend, and for some reason, some of her friends found it necessary to do coke. My SLF is not into drugs and neither am I, but being surrounded people doing drugs is annoying enough. I sort of get it that people will do drugs at like a big house party or something, but during a forking birthday? Boo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm so glad he's safe, Freetahtah.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:07 pm 
Inflexitarian

One of my lights burnt out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 pm 

Still got that crushed feeling. And I am so sick of hearing my friend talk about her boyfriend. This is not even 2 weeks after she gets dumped by her fiance of a year and a half and she's already crawling all over this new guy. When she talks about him, I just want to tell her to shut the fork up, because I am bitter and crotchety.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:42 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

It's generally a good day, so my worst is not that terrible in the scheme of things, but; my genitals have been having some health issues for a while (two weeks I think?) and it's really bad timing with my love life! (They're fine, been to doctor, just have to wait)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GymClassZero wrote:
Still got that crushed feeling. And I am so sick of hearing my friend talk about her boyfriend. This is not even 2 weeks after she gets dumped by her fiance of a year and a half and she's already crawling all over this new guy. When she talks about him, I just want to tell her to shut the fork up, because I am bitter and crotchety.

woah hey, maybe you don't agree with what she's doing, but I'd think perhaps she gets to go crawl all over whoever she wants at whatever point post-breakup that she feels ready?

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

A plastic squeeze-bottle thing of tomato paste just exploded in my pantry! Like seriously exploded, there was a huge bang and there was tomato paste over the entire kitchen (I'd just opened the pantry door, grabbed a bottle of soy sauce and walked away). The bottle was all mangled like gas had built up in it, maybe it was a bad batch or something? I only bought it last week. Anyway, this is the only time I've ever regretted having a giant pantry. I just spent like an hour inside it scrubbing everything and inhaling cleaning fumes.

Compared to other stuff, this is super minor so I guess my day is going pretty well, really.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:11 am 
Impressive boner

Somehow I've pulled my right trapezius again and I feel really sick from the painkillers messing with my stomach. Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Whoa, exploding tomato sauce.

We had a sort of similar (ok, not really, except for being loud, dramatic and unexpected) kitchen disaster a couple of weeks ago. We were lying in bed and heard and an explosive-sounding noise in the kitchen. The whole glass front had fallen off the oven and shattered all over the floor. No idea why, bit after hours of sweeping, I'm still stepping on bits of glass from time to time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am 

booberthefraggle wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:

woah hey, maybe you don't agree with what she's doing, but I'd think perhaps she gets to go crawl all over whoever she wants at whatever point post-breakup that she feels ready?

Yes, it's her life. I didn't say she couldn't. Maybe I don't want to hear about it all the forking time.

(edited to reduce crankiness)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm with you, GCZ. I'd be pissed off hearing about it, too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

So why not set that boundary with your friend? "I'm really glad you're happy, but I'm feeling really sensitive/grumpy/whatever about my own stuff right now, so can we please talk about something else?"

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

GymClassZero wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:

Yes, it's her life. I didn't say she couldn't. Maybe I don't want to hear about it all the forking time.

(edited to reduce crankiness)

Yeah, having been on both sides of this, it's a surefire way to lose a friend, being bitter and angry about a relationship, even if it's a rebound and her way of coping over something so sad that happened to her. Of course she's jumping into something new to take her mind off that- it's what some people do. And maybe she was lucky and met someone she genuinely clicks with, and it isn't a rebound.
Regardless, it's a very bad idea (especially since I think you are near my age? Younger than much of the PPK) to hate on your friend to her face or get visibly grouchy with her during this time. It will come to an end eventually, so if you really care about your friendship, stick it out. I think right now she's looking for support and if you don't want to give that in the form of listening to her talk about her new boyfriend, suggest watching movies, or other things that you don't have to constantly talk during.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

The person I was most excited to see backed out of dinner tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm 

missdelaney: I definitely try to be good about it. I think I act a lot more okay with it than I feel, which might lead her to think "okay, let's talk about it all the time" and that's my fault. It's just really, really awkward when she goes on and on about her boyfriend and their dates and how awesome it is and all I can do is nod- because there's really no way for me to contribute to the conversation.

j-dub: Maybe I will say something. But I think I'm going to wait until I cool down a little.

Worst thing of the day: Thinking about this week :( So many things going on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Work. Every damn minute of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:40 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

The CEO of the company I work for is nominated as "woman of the year" by a magazine and we've got a few requests to vote for her.

I didn't vote for my CEO but for some one else cause I do not agree with the written motivation why my CEO should be "woman of the year".

When I mentioned that at the office today, a co-worker didn't say much but her friend mentioned "tensions in the team" in the work-meeting as a result and after the meeting the co-worker outed her frustrations about me not voting for our CEO....

Strangely enough that co-worker mentioned that "if you're really going for it" (the job), you had to vote for your own CEO....while I never see that this co-worker is "really going for it"

Some days at work the tension seems to be gone, other days the tension rises to an almost explosive level in a really short time. Today was one of those days with near explosive levels.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:21 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Why would you mention voting for someone else? That just seems unnecessary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:38 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

lavawitch wrote:
Why would you mention voting for someone else? That just seems unnecessary.

I think she started the problem with asking the general question "did you guys vote for X already?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

We are hosting a conference in Germany next week. Most of the people from the company that are going have been asked to transport materials to the conference in their luggage. Bad enough. But the owner just asked that they lie to customs about what is in their luggage. Ummm... NO!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I found out my Grandpa (who's been in the hospital since Thursday because of his appendix rupturing) has a bowel obstruction now. They started him on the non-surgical treatment yesterday afternoon, but nothing has happened yet, so he's probably going to have to have another surgery to fix this, which means he won't be coming home before this weekend at the earliest. He's so depressed being in the hospital, and my Grandma (who has Alzheimer's) is having a really hard time dealing with all of this, and this is just making it worse. So now I'm sad and stressed and just really want to snuggle with my boyfriend and watch a movie, but he's starting to get how he was when we were LD this summer (ignoring me for his friends and not making time for me...) which is making me even sadder. So I guess that's another worst thing about my day. Ugh, I'm ready for the weekend when I get to go home and snuggle with my kitty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 am 
Shopped till she dropped

My interview today did not go well. I choked a couple of times, screwed up some questions and rambled too much. It was my first interview in 2 years, and I honestly think it was so much harder to be in front of a panel of people I work with every day.

The good thing is, despite how horrible I did, they decided to repost the position. I am eligible to reapply, and I will. I just took the news harder than I thought I would, and I've been beating myself up about it all night. They said neither candidate was really ready to jump right in the role, so they are giving each of us some duties in the next week or so, to see how we handle the responsibilities. Tomorrow, I have plans to talk to my team leaders about what happened today, and what will happen in the time before the next interview. At least this will give me a chance to learn all the things I need to know to really kill it next time, and to figure out a better strategy for the next round.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The part where I nearly ended up in hospital. Goddamn job is going to really drive me insane.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:54 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

kara kara wrote:
My interview today did not go well. I choked a couple of times, screwed up some questions and rambled too much. It was my first interview in 2 years, and I honestly think it was so much harder to be in front of a panel of people I work with every day.

The good thing is, despite how horrible I did, they decided to repost the position. I am eligible to reapply, and I will. I just took the news harder than I thought I would, and I've been beating myself up about it all night. They said neither candidate was really ready to jump right in the role, so they are giving each of us some duties in the next week or so, to see how we handle the responsibilities. Tomorrow, I have plans to talk to my team leaders about what happened today, and what will happen in the time before the next interview. At least this will give me a chance to learn all the things I need to know to really kill it next time, and to figure out a better strategy for the next round.

Oh no Kara kara. I'm sorry! I find that my more successful interviews come when I act as confident as possible and those come when I fool myself into thinking I have way less invested and/or know I can do what they're looking for. I try and be as polite and friendly as possible but also be true to who I am.

Basically, practice. It should help quell some of the nerves you might otherwise experience.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

are you okay, daisychain?

The worst for me was a call from my mom. My sister was in a car crash where she was blinded by the sun for a moment and the guy in front of her hit the brakes but she couldn't see and hit him going 55. He was in a big work van and she was in her little car. So far we know she broke her right foot (no driving for a while) and something is wrong with her back and her knee. Until swelling goes down some we won't know anything about the knee and last I heard they were transporting her in an ambulance to another hospital for an MRI and some other tests. I wish we didn't live so far apart; she's a 10ish hour drive away from me and maybe 15 away from our parents...and my mom is really stressed about it but I don't know what to say. We're just glad she isn't pregnant yet (they've been trying) because losing a baby would have killed her. Ugh. Stress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 644  Next