| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh Arkansas...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ark-gop-calls-candidates-statements-offensive-17414343#.UHC1mVFP8t0

Quote:
"the institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise."

Quote:
"no solution to the Muslim problem short of expelling all followers of the religion from the United States"

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

Post subject: Re: Oh Arkansas...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:10 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I don't think the whole state needs to be condemned for the actions of two crassholes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

All I can think when I see this post title is that you can sing it to the tune of "O Christmas Tree".

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:45 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

you could also argue that people in Africa would be better off had the Europeans not colonized them and intentionally created conflict between (artificially divided) groups.

Quote:
Fuqua said Saturday that he hadn't realized he'd become a target within his own party, which he said surprised him.

"I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people," Fuqua said before hanging up, saying he was busy knocking on voters' doors.

lolwut

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Butternut wrote:
I don't think the whole state needs to be condemned for the actions of two crassholes.

Everyone knows that all Oregon is just skinheads and meth, right? Don't even get me started on New York...

Seriously though - the South is not just one big punchline. It's as diverse as other parts of the USA. It should be no more acceptable to make blanket statements about Southerners than it is about any other group.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Vantine wrote:
Butternut wrote:

Everyone knows that all Oregon is just skinheads and meth, right? Don't even get me started on New York...

Seriously though - the South is not just one big punchline. It's as diverse as other parts of the USA. It should be no more acceptable to make blanket statements about Southerners than it is about any other group.

still the majorities out there do tend to vote for the most awful people drowning out the nice ones.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Says someone from Texas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:55 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Fee wrote:
Says someone from Texas.

I'm not disagreeing. our average is terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Chiatroll wrote:
Vantine wrote:
Butternut wrote:

still the majorities out there do tend to vote for the most awful people drowning out the nice ones.

It depends - South Florida is a very different place politically than Central Florida. But, you know what? Northern New York is not the City and Eastern Oregon is not Portland.
Scott Walker is not a southern governor, when last I checked. Paul Ryan is also not from the South...what is wrong with Wisconsin?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Vantine wrote:
Chiatroll wrote:
Vantine wrote:

It depends - South Florida is a very different place politically than Central Florida. But, you know what? Northern New York is not the City and Eastern Oregon is not Portland.
Scott Walker is not a southern governor, when last I checked. Paul Ryan is also not from the South...what is wrong with Wisconsin?

There's also Chris Christy up north who constantly reminds everyone he is terrible, south had David Duke an open KKK member and former grand wizard. Most the red states are in the south whenever they show the map. It doesn't reflect on any individuals in the area just the average.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

If I offended any Arkansas'ians(?) I apologize, my title was made in jest. I am well aware there are people of every ideological and intellectual spectrum in every one of our 50 states.

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 pm 
Grandfathered In

You all know that Fuqua also thinks parents should be able to have their rebellious children put to death, right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:26 pm 
Grandfathered In

And Arkansas's Loy Mauch (Loy Mauch?) also thinks slavery is dandy and all-American.

(This post and the preceding are meant only to disparage arkansas's Republican legislators.)