| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Liquid foundation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

jessilikewhoa wrote:
Awesome! I like to mix it with my pink toned foundations to make them dewier, and to make them more neutral since the lightest color of the Too Faces BB is yellow toned. I lean pink, but not super pink, so I like to balance with yellow.

My mom adores the Too Faced BB Cream. I've been using Boscia and really like it, but I wonder if it's going to be too dark for me this winter. I'm thinking about trying UD Naked Foundation, but I really stick to tinted moisturizers. Those who've tried it--is it really sheer? How does it feel on?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:16 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

ndpittman wrote:

My mom adores the Too Faced BB Cream. I've been using Boscia and really like it, but I wonder if it's going to be too dark for me this winter. I'm thinking about trying UD Naked Foundation, but I really stick to tinted moisturizers. Those who've tried it--is it really sheer? How does it feel on?

Like I posted I usually use a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I like this because it is weightless, blends well and offers some coverage. It will not leave your skin super dewy like a bb cream but I use a cream high lighter anyway. The only problem is it is super liquid like, it could be messy....I only have a sample so maybe the pump bottle makes it better to get out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:24 pm 

Thanks, missmuffcake! I re-read what you wrote after I posted. I think the liquid consistency freaks me out, but I haven't tried it yet either. Maybe I'll ask for a sample.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It's about the texture of a standard TM, but a bit more pigmented. It has a nice slip to it and blends well, I'm assuming it has some sort of silicone in it. From your pic on here you look darker than me, and more olive toned than my pink piggy skin, so I think the lightest Too Faced BB would work good for you.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:52 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

BTW I should note I use a damp sponge to apply my foundation, I know the UD says buy or use a brush, I am not a fan of using a foundation brush...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Okay, i'm using the Ecco Bella foundation and lately this is my problem: Apply moisturizer, maybe apply primer, put on foundation, put on powdered foundation. Look fine. Go to work, two hours later go to the bathroom, find that my makeup has kind of 'blown apart' - it's cakey and sunk into my pores. None of the products i've been using have changed in the past two months, and like I said, primer or no. It looks so so awful, I actually wipe most of my makeup off. Of course, today I don't have a compact or anything with me to try and cover it up/blend it with powder.

Anyone else have this issue? My Ecco Bella is almost gone and i'm thinking about trying the new UD foundation when it's gone. even though it's almost twice as much.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 pm 
Inflexitarian

I've been using UD with Hourglass Primer. I gather I'm also supposed to use some sort of powder on top? What's that all about? Can I get some kind of vegan setting powder at Sephora?

<--Is makeup dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:46 pm 
WELFARIST!

quark wrote:
I've been using UD with Hourglass Primer. I gather I'm also supposed to use some sort of powder on top? What's that all about? Can I get some kind of vegan setting powder at Sephora?

You don't have to. I've used liquid foundation without powder or primer before and I've used powder without liquid or primer before. For me, if I use powder over my liquid makeup it looks too thick and it gets oily/sets. If I use just plain liquid or powder, that's what works best for me- it looks natural and doesn't set as badly. I do use concealer under my foundation though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm 
Inflexitarian

I've also been using concealer under my foundation for my undereyes and any pimply spots. It's Smashbox, though, so I'm going to have to find some new concealer soon... ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I'm wondering if it's because Ecco Bella is paraben free and it's going 'bad'? I don't wear makeup every day and some days I just stick to powder so it takes me awhile to go through a tube.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:07 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i just found a brand of tinted sunblock that covers better than any foundation i`ve ever used. it is super duper hypoallergenic and the only sunblock i've tried that doesn't burn my face. i am amazed. SPF 60, silicone based, nothing obviously unvegan i can find (although to be honest at this point i am just desperate to find something i don`t react to). cost an arm and a leg, a domestic brand called Adcos.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

quark wrote:
I've also been using concealer under my foundation for my undereyes and any pimply spots. It's Smashbox, though, so I'm going to have to find some new concealer soon... ugh.

The new OCC concealers are awesome. I have R0 to cover any spots or scarring on my face, and Y0 for any purple shading under my eyes. They're super pigmented so you only need a little, they blend easily, and they stay put.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:17 pm 
Inflexitarian

That's good to know... do you have to order them online? If so, how do you figure out what color you need?

I really am makeup stupid, which is why I go to Sephora where some kindly sales rep can just find the right stuff in the right color for me. And once upon a time, they could also tell me what was vegan. Fork you, China....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

is tarte foundation vegan?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:38 pm 
WELFARIST!

quark wrote:

I really am makeup stupid, which is why I go to Sephora where some kindly sales rep can just find the right stuff in the right color for me. And once upon a time, they could also tell me what was vegan. Fork you, China....

If it helps, Sephora has never been able to tell me what is vegan there. I've tried asking a few times only to buy it and realize once I've started using it that it's not vegan.

Also, this might help you: http://www.temptalia.com/occ-skin-conce ... s-swatches
And you can buy it here: http://www.occmakeup.com/conceal.html for $20 :/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:45 pm 
Inflexitarian

Thank you so much!

Maybe it varies by location? Mine still seems really good at picking out vegan stuff if you ignore testing in China. Of course, I may just be failing on the personal research side....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 pm 

fupapack wrote:
is tarte foundation vegan?

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-shop-vegan-cosmetics

Not sure about anything other than what's listed here. I've never received a response to email inquiry.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:57 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Thanks for posting the letter about Origins I am out of foundation I've been using and I am glad I can go get one locally that I can test to be sure it's a good match.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I tried out my FACE Atelier sample today. I just applied it 30 min ago and I was pretty impressed with it at application. My skin looks younger, smoother, etc.

I'm trying the no setting powder thing for today, but I have oily skin so I don't have high hopes for that.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I got urban decay Naked Skin. First time in my life I have gotten a foundation shade that is pale enough for me that I don't have a tide line. I'm not even on the palest shade. Fairly impressed from my first day of wearing it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:44 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I know this question has been asked before but: anyone find a good foundation for olive skin?

Last winter, I got away with a neutral beige because I never went outside and was five shades paler than I am now. Last summer, I bought a ZuZu shade that worked for the season, even if it did look like I was bronzer-crazy. Now, it just makes me look orange.

UD Naked works wonders but now they're on my no-buy list. Plus, the Naked stuff smells like hairspray/disinfectant so I probably wouldn't buy it again even if they hadn't sold to L'Oreal.

I'm getting so picky I wonder why I still wear makeup, at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:15 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Baps what shade of Bourjois do you use? Your complexion seems fairly close to mine, but I am a bit hesitant to just order it online. Too bad I can't try it anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:20 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

*sobs* whhhhhyyyyyy did UD have to sell to L'Oreal?! Why?!!! Don't they know how hard it is to get foundation pale enough for me?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

daisychain wrote:
*sobs* whhhhhyyyyyy did UD have to sell to L'Oreal?! Why?!!! Don't they know how hard it is to get foundation pale enough for me?

I suspect this is why I have never worn foundation...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next