| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

When did your period come back after birth?
Less than 3 months 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
3-6 months 25%  25%  [ 14 ]
6-9 months 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
9-12 months 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
12-15 months 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
15-18 months 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
18-24 months 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
More than 2 years 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
It's still not back!! 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 57
 Post subject: Re: Postpartum periods
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:00 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

dropscone wrote:
4 months for me. They're not quite regular yet, but more or less the same heaviness as before.

Sorry, that should have been 2 months, not 4. I've had really weird cycles since though. 26 days, then 32 days and now 24 days! I hope it gets evened out soon, otherwise it's going to be annoying.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:00 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I don't know how to vote! I went on BC at 6 weeks, the progesterone only kind without filler pills that's supposed to suppress your period, but then I messed up a dose at 5 months and had light breakthrough bleeding for three or four days. I don't know whether to think of that as a period or to think that my period would have come back earlier if I hadn't been on the pill. It was crazy trying to figure out the Diva cup again after so long!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:33 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I think about a month or so after, but I didn't breastfeed for very long.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

So, what I thought was my period at 4 weeks, likely wasn't. I am pretty sure I have it now though, at 12 weeks...At first i was pretty upset but I am over it. Had to come back at some point.

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Funny that you revived this thread, Momo. I was on my way to do the same this morning. Uhg! I'm so annoyed to have started 14 weeks out. I knew it might happen after going back to work, but I pump every three hours, EBF when I'm with her, and co-sleep with L. I though I had a fighting chance of keeping it at bay.

On the other hand, it's kinda nice to see things working down there. I just hope this doesn't affect my milk supply.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:57 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i went back on BC as soon as it was viable (i think i did Depo, but couldn't tell you for sure, it's lost in the sands of time)- I was nursing twins but didn't want to take any chances til Mr T got his vasectomy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 am 
Married to the wolfman

Mine came back at 7 weeks this time despite round the clock nursing. (Though the Magician sleeps longer night stretches than the Emperor did when I got my period back with him at 5 months pp.) It wasn't lochia. It followed exactly the same pattern & same duration as my usual periods.

Kind of interested to see if it'll be back again next month or what. With the Emperor, it took several months for my periods to stabilize, and there was one month where I just skipped a cycle-- something that's never happened to me outside of pregnancy. That combined with how hormonally bad I felt all the time when he was a baby meant I was CONVINCED I was pregnant again. Horrifying.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:58 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Wow. It's amazing how much this varies from mom to mom. I'm at 17 months postpartum, and still, nada. I'm getting a little antsy because I'd like to think about a baby #2 at some point soon....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:41 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

What the hell, body? I'm now 8 weeks post-partum and am pretty sure my period has returned despite on-demand, round the clock nursing. With my first, it didn't return until about 15 months pp; however, I pumped exclusively and had to take a medicine for supply, which I think has a side effect of delaying menstruation. Boo.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:29 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

3 months to the day. Really?? Obviously we're still exclusively nursing (pumping twice daily while at work), so I was surprised.
I had no cramping and it's pretty light, just my boobs were noticeably more tender last week.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:26 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It is interesting how we are all different, 10 months pp and still nothing, I am not surprised.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 am 

I just bought a divacup and some cloth pads to make myself a little more excited about the whole thing. I had read that it takes a few cycles to get back on track but everything seems to be running like clockwork over here which is weird because I always had long irregularish cycles before. I'm still annoyed.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 pm 
Married to the wolfman

My periods have continued since I posted last, but they're only lasting 3 days and they're remarkably light. It's like my body is trying really hard to get back to normal but can't quite. Hey body? Don't worry about it, okay, the baby factory is closed anyhow.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:38 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My last period was a week late. I was FREAKING OUT that I was pregnant again! Thankfully it came. Its my 3rd or 4th one since it came back and all the others were like clockwork so this was strange. I don't think I've ever been late...ever! The cramping I've been experiencing feels a lot like my teenage period days. I haven't experienced any major cramping in over a decade...it sucks.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:52 pm 

Okay so my first two ppp were like clockwork. Just like old times. The time for the third one has come and gone. I guess I'm a week late now? Not worried that I'm pregnant since it would have to be by immaculate conception, but (more TMI ahead) my body seemed to gear up for it and on the day I was expecting aunt flow, I had weird super-light almost nonexistent spotting. Not even spotting it was so light. No need for a pad or liner or anything. Was that it? Weird. I've always had light flow but invisible flow is a little ridiculous. I didn't get to use my new diva cup!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

4 months. Boo. I got an implanon a month ago, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 pm 
Semen Strong

I wonder if I'm ever going to get mine back or just slide gracefully into menopause....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:00 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Grey is eleven months and I don't have mine. It has now been two years since my last period.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:27 am 

Almost 17 months and nada.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:22 pm 

Tofulish wrote:
I wonder if I'm ever going to get mine back or just slide gracefully into menopause....

Dude. I was just thinking this myself! I posted a thread a few minutes ago about PCOS, and then started wondering if my 41 year old body is just saying yeah, hey okay...'nuff of that nonsense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:44 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

kimba wrote:
4 months. Boo. I got an implanon a month ago, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I was just reading that one thing that can cause periods to return is when baby starts sleeping through the night. Carlos has not done that consistently, but in the last few weeks he has had a few times where he slept 8 hours! Not this last week though. He is constantly hungry! I can't tell if it is a growth spurt or if he is having trouble being satisfied because my period has affected my milk supply? Anyway, I fed him an hour or so ago and he is sleeping, but unfortunately I am still awake.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:40 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So with my first, I didn't get my period again until he was about 2 1/2, but with my newest (who is 3 months old tomorrow, oh my god!), I got it back at six weeks. Nooooooo.

[On the bright side, Zeph has been sleeping starting from 7 or 8ish until 7 the next morning, pretty much every single day of his life, waking only to eat about twice a night (and he eats directly before and after). Considering Iz didn't sleep through the night this early, I think this may be why I got my lovely sign of returning fertility so early. Worth it!]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:31 pm 
Semen Strong

TMI, but I have no where else to ask this. So yeah.

My period came back, but my Diva cup, which used to go in so easily now is really uncomfortable (edging on painful) to get in or out. I had thought that birth would have loosened my vagina, so I'd have to upsize (from a size 1) but I feel like its tighter, but that makes no sense.

BLARGH.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Aren't vaginas amazing/weird? I had a c-section, but I still had to bump up to the size 2! (I was leaking way too much with my old size 1.) Crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I switched to a softer cup post-partum-- do you think that would help? I switched to a softer cup (Fleurcup) because I've always had urethral pressure issues from cups and my old Diva had gotten grody. I'm not sure it's really that a big difference in softness, but I find the Fleurcup pretty comfortable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next