| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Early Halloween costume thread 2012
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Mars wrote:
Ugh he may have talked me out of it! When talking about how we'd pull it off it just started seeming ridiculous. We're both tiny faggy boys, and there are no good identifiers to make the outfits make sense, especially for angel. We'd really look ridiculous.
Go as Jessie and James from Team Rocket.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Mars wrote:
Ugh he may have talked me out of it! When talking about how we'd pull it off it just started seeming ridiculous. We're both tiny faggy boys, and there are no good identifiers to make the outfits make sense, especially for angel. We'd really look ridiculous.

Awww. You just need a long trenchcoat, and both of you need fake fangs. Angel always just wears formal wear. One of you could be Giles!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My hair is super, super red. So I'm trying to do something that allows me to keep my hair.
So...Willow from Buffy (of course) or Alanna (from The Song of the Lioness quartert by Tamora Pierce. I have a sword and scabbard).

Neither is very exciting, but I have the means of clothes and accessories for both already!

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:09 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Please be Alanna! I don't know how many people would get the reference, but that would be so awesome. You could also carry a stuffed cat to make it even better...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:04 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

simplybecause81 wrote:
Please be Alanna! I don't know how many people would get the reference, but that would be so awesome. You could also carry a stuffed cat to make it even better...

Hah! And find a big ole costume jewel for the Dominion Jewel!

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

YES ALANNA YES

Mars, fork it. You guys should be Spike and Angel anyways!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

starrynight-- i love the piano idea. especially if you think you'd wear the piano shirt on normal days after halloween.

i think i'm going to be 50 Shades of Grey for halloween. i'll just wear a cute grey skirt, gray tights... maybe a black top because that's like a very dark shade of grey, right? anyway, this way i get to look cute and everyone can have a good chuckle. i like pun costumes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I have a handful of ideas, I'm pretty sure none of which are going to come to fruition.

1) Use an old helmet with some chicken wire and papier mache to make myself a Xenomorph head and then have a giant cardboard cutout of a body hanging around my neck because I just burst out of it. That's so not going to happen. I am very lazy.

2) Animorph, mid-morph. All the things I see just end up looking like furry gear. Mmmmmeennnghhh.

3) Half-burnt Helen from Candyman

4) One of those old photos people used to take of "ectoplasm" (read: gauze) coming out of their orifices. I'd walk around with an old dress on and some gauze coming out of my ear.

NONE OF THESE IS GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I really want to be Batwoman but I don't think I'll have the funds this year D:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:40 am 
Level 7 Vegan

alice1drland wrote:
I have a handful of ideas, I'm pretty sure none of which are going to come to fruition.

1) Use an old helmet with some chicken wire and papier mache to make myself a Xenomorph head and then have a giant cardboard cutout of a body hanging around my neck because I just burst out of it. That's so not going to happen. I am very lazy.

2) Animorph, mid-morph. All the things I see just end up looking like furry gear. Mmmmmeennnghhh.

4) One of those old photos people used to take of "ectoplasm" (read: gauze) coming out of their orifices. I'd walk around with an old dress on and some gauze coming out of my ear.

Those are all excellent ideas!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

chouettes crêpes wrote:
i think i'm going to be 50 Shades of Grey for halloween. i'll just wear a cute grey skirt, gray tights... maybe a black top because that's like a very dark shade of grey, right? anyway, this way i get to look cute and everyone can have a good chuckle. i like pun costumes.

Please do this! But only if you actually make 50 shades in the outfit. (Maybe some painted stripes?)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:15 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I am going to be Batman/Enid Coleslaw. Basically, I am too lazy to do anything other than borrow my brother's batman mask.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

alice1drland wrote:

i think "half-burnt helen" is my new favorite name for a band/movie review blog.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Mars wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:

Please do this! But only if you actually make 50 shades in the outfit. (Maybe some painted stripes?)

ok ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

If you're going to multiple parties/events, that may have some overlapping guests, is it okay to wear the same costume to all of them?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:06 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm going as guro lolita:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

creep wrote:
If you're going to multiple parties/events, that may have some overlapping guests, is it okay to wear the same costume to all of them?

Definite yes! (I hope!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:32 pm 

acr wrote:
alice1drland wrote:

i think "half-burnt helen" is my new favorite name for a band/movie review blog.

You have my permission to use it. Go forth.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 pm 

For the 50 Shades costume, go to a home improvement store, get a handful of those grey paint samples (the ones with multiple samples on a card), and make yourself a necklace or a fan or a hat or something. Talk to yourself a lot, and if people ask what's up, just say you are conversing with your inner goddess. You should probably also make sure to say "jeez" a lot and misinterpret entire literary masterpieces.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

missdelaney wrote:
My hair is super, super red. So I'm trying to do something that allows me to keep my hair.
So...Willow from Buffy (of course) or Alanna (from The Song of the Lioness quartert by Tamora Pierce. I have a sword and scabbard).

Neither is very exciting, but I have the means of clothes and accessories for both already!

Go as Poison Ivy! Or, Mary Jane from Spider Man. I did that one year. I have the same hair issue!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good Lard, there's a sexy everything costume isn't there?

chouettes crêpes wrote:
starrynight-- i love the piano idea. especially if you think you'd wear the piano shirt on normal days after halloween.

jogirl wrote:
Starrynight, I really like the piano one. And I need to see pics of Mars as Spike.

Fizzgig wrote:

Starry, I love the piano one! Adorable!

kilgore trout wrote:
Starry, I love the piano idea! All of those are awesome.

Bun wrote:
I love the violin one!

Maybe I'll make both and wear one to school and one for the Trick or Treating. Or I could make a big deal about doing a costume change right in the middle of everything like Lady Gaga.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Now I have a party too...actually, my fiancee has a gig at a club in hollywood, so i will be on stage and have to have a fabulous costume.

He is intent on being a disco guy (since he is DJ-ing). I am trying to get him to be a zombie disco dude, then i will do it with him. Not gonna be a boring disco girl without some SPICY ZOMBIE FLAVA!

I was going to go as Jerri Blank (didn't someone else say that too?) but I am sure that 99.9% of stupid club people wont know who that is. It would have been fun for a party, but not a club really.

Blah. Pressure is on. I want to win the contest again. I suppose if I do really really good zombie makeup it would be cool...but not cool after it melts down my face from dancing all night. I am pretty good at zombie make up. I usually figure something out last minute and it all falls together. This year though, I will most likely be on stage dancing, so it has to be great.

I could be lady ga ga or beiber and just barf on stage all night I guess. boy, I better start drinking early!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Chicki wrote:
I was going to go as Jerri Blank (didn't someone else say that too?) but I am sure that 99.9% of stupid club people wont know who that is. It would have been fun for a party, but not a club really.

My favorite costumes are always ones that only a handful of people will understand. Do it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

creep wrote:
Chicki wrote:

My favorite costumes are always ones that only a handful of people will understand. Do it!

To a party, yes. To a club, not so sure. My fiancee is not on board. And since the promoters will want me on stage with him....LOL. Actually, that would be pretty hilarious. And confusing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Well shiitake. I'm wearing my crack fox costume to all the clubs and bars, and fork anyone who doesn't think it's awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next