| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:22 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm 17 weeks today. I'll be having an ultrasound in about two weeks and if the baby is not shy we'll be finding out the sex. My nausea is gone but my sinuses have been a mess. The allergies have really kicked in but I'm dealing with it the best I can. I had a genetic blood screen and it was low risk so as far as I know I won't need an amnio. So far so good. Let's just hope it stays that way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

woohoo! still pregnant! i really felt like i passed some kind of mental milestone today. tzipi was born at 35+3 which would have been yesterday morning, and it was funny, all Saturday I was like, "yay! haven't gone into labour yet!" "yay! my water hasn't broken yet!" "woo! still not in labour!"

so now, here i am, 35+4, and i suddenly felt like i got over this hump, and now i'll probably be pregnant for another 5 1/2 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 pm 
Semen Strong

Yay! Isn't it amazing that LB2 is almost cooked? I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that you were telling us you were pregnant.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 pm 
***LIES!!!***

great milestone, lb!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

mr bird is still freaking the fork out (he's still convinced i'm going to go into labour any second now), and the midwife still thinks that the bb will be on the early side. so i probably shouldn't get too cocky. but i really didn't realized what a mental block i had until i got past yesterday. like, i just totally relaxed and chilled out last night. i've been pretty tense in my hips and back, and just really keyed up feeling all week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:05 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

38+2 here today, and things are moving along. I think bebe Elijah will be here any day now. I feel so off today, and theres so much pressure, I cannot walk anymore... Tried to go to Walmart for a few things and return my mama's bday gift, but every 3 steps I had to stop and tell Moises I needed a little break. So a 30min trip, turned into 10mins and back home. Now I am resting on the couch and not moving my asparagus!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:44 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

stuckunderhere wrote:
38+2 here today, and things are moving along. I think bebe Elijah will be here any day now. I feel so off today, and theres so much pressure, I cannot walk anymore... Tried to go to Walmart for a few things and return my mama's bday gift, but every 3 steps I had to stop and tell Moises I needed a little break. So a 30min trip, turned into 10mins and back home. Now I am resting on the couch and not moving my asparagus!

that is exactly how my labour with tzipi started. had some errands to run, tried to be a good sport and get them done, ended up back on the couch 15 minutes later and was in labour 4 hours later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:51 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

good luck to our Canadian ppkers about to pop!!!! :-D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:20 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Sending happy "last days" vibes to you both. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:31 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

littlebird wrote:
stuckunderhere wrote:

that is exactly how my labour with tzipi started. had some errands to run, tried to be a good sport and get them done, ended up back on the couch 15 minutes later and was in labour 4 hours later.

Well then... Off to drink some RRL tea and hope we get somewhere with this...

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Eeeeek, how exciting! Good luck mamas!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

stuckunderhere wrote:
littlebird wrote:
stuckunderhere wrote:

Well then... Off to drink some RRL tea and hope we get somewhere with this...

haha, did that too! well, actually, everyone blamed the RRL tea for setting me off, but in reality, i'd only just brewed myself a cup and never actually even took a sip.

here's some labour vibes for you!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:56 pm 
Married to the wolfman

littlebird wrote:

haha, did that too! well, actually, everyone blamed the RRL tea for setting me off, but in reality, i'd only just brewed myself a cup and never actually even took a sip.

here's some labour vibes for you!!

I drank soooooo much of that shiitake in the last 5 or 6 weeks of pregnancy with the Magician. Not sure it did anything for my uterus, but I discovered I really liked it with a little sugar, so hey, what the hell. (Actually, that was the last thing I had before M was born-- I made a big mug of it and went for a walk in the rain in early labor, which was really nice.)

LB, I'm glad the baby's still on the inside! 3 more days til you cross the magical line and don't have to go to the hospital, right? Almost there!

And stuckunderhere, good luck with the tea & the maybe-labor!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:42 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

eep, babies soon, so exciting!

Is 'RRL tea' raspberry leaf or something else? I'm not up on acronyms!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

oncewerewesties wrote:
eep, babies soon, so exciting!

Is 'RRL tea' raspberry leaf or something else? I'm not up on acronyms!

yes! Red raspberry leaf!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:20 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

sweet! I've not seen it referred to as 'red' here so I wasn't sure what the extra 'R' was for, but I've got some of that already [only 30 weeks this week].
I don't like tea at all and had heard this stuff was really unpalatable but it's not so bad, really.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:02 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I liked the tea. Our midwives warned me not to drink any before 36 weeks in case it induced labor. It did not induce labor ever and I drank a crapton of it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ariann wrote:
I liked the tea. Our midwives warned me not to drink any before 36 weeks in case it induced labor. It did not induce labor ever and I drank a crapton of it.

Hahaha! I've always heard so many mixed comments about it. Some people insist you should have a cup now and then throughout your pregnancy to keep your uterus toned!!

I don't have much in the way of updates, except that I have my first midwife appointment in 2 weeks (it was going to be today, but she called off and the midwife only comes to the surgery in our village once a fortnight) and I was glad they have FINALLY abolished the "you must bring in a pee sample and we will have it sent away for testing to prove you are pregnant before you can see the midwife"-rule.

Also, as of 2 days ago, eggplant has started to seem really, really gross. My husband laughed when I told him that -- morning sickness has begun again. I'm only barely 6 weeks along, so it's not too bad yet, but I always hope that I won't have it at all. ;p Ugh...

P.S. Who drugged me? I am so tired.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:47 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Oh crabby I am right there with you. I was six weeks yesterday and the night before everything just became gross to me. I went from starving and wanting to eat everything all of the time to bleh. This is exactly when the morning sickness hit with Ada. I bought pickles yesterday. With Ada I went through a two week pickle phase. And I've been eating apples a lot. So far things are very similar. We're using the midwives we used last time so there will be a nice long subway ride with Ada for appointments. I've been napping with Ada even though I really want the break to do other things, but I will never make it to the end of the day if I don't nap with her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I wish my kids napped -- I would nap right along with them, too!

Can you ride the subway without getting sick? If I go anywhere outside the village, I have to take this horrible rickety hour-long country bus and I always get really really ill on it when I am pregnant. I literally cried when I got off the bus once because I was so relieved I didn't throw up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:17 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Still here... appt this afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

((hugs)) sashi/crabby. I never thought I could be so tired in my whole life as I was for those first few weeks. Throw that in with being nauseated by the smell of bread...whew. Hope it gets better for y'all soon.

stuckunderhere, hope all goes well for you today and the midwife sees some progress. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I felt a lot better after doing some seated spinal twists last night (I do them as part of this yoga routine I do every evening). I think hooping might help, too -- it's helped me with mild nausea in the past.

When smells start to get to be a bit much, I have this wee pot of solid perfume that's 'Egyptian Bergamot Rose'-scented. I don't think the scented perfume trick will work much longer (I predict the rose-bit will start to gross me out), but I think it might if it were, say, grapefruit scented or something like that. I don't usually buy treats for myself, but as time goes on, I just might splurge on a wee bottle of essential oil or something like that. I have some Boots vouchers from doing surveys, so it wouldn't cost me anything -- they have an okay selection of essential oils and aromatherapy stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Argh, tried to edit that post, so I didn't come across as some kind of gimped-out martyr (woe is me, I might spend money!), but I took too long and it wouldn't let me post it. So I'll clarify, even though most of you probably groked that I wasn't trying to be a martyr anyway. I don't usually buy treats for myself because I'm well on the frugal side. My husband is a total cheap-o (and his parents are even cheaper than him!).

I'm also getting a larger, lighter hula hoop, too, so I can keep hooping and I spent £2.99 on a pregnancy workout DVD on ebay last night -- I am a spending fool! ;D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:05 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've missed so much!

CC- I didn't know you were preggers! Big congrats!!

Love all the belly pictures! And looking forward to a new batch of PPKbabies! Good luck everyone!

(So many exclamation marks!!!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 311  Next