| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1104, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110 ... 1770  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

daisychain wrote:
lillianp wrote:
One of my coworkers peas me off so much. She treats me like I'm unintelligent/a kid (I'm fairly sure I'm only a few years younger than her) refuses to fix something I've asked her to fix for me (I'd do it myself but she didn't want me to, now she doesn't mind but there are certain work flow rules that make it difficult for me) and she says she'll get someone to do it but doesn't. Drove me to rage tears just a few moments ago. I hate crying.

High-five my fellow "I endure crassholes at work." I've had rage tears a one too many times the past week and ended up having to see a psychiatrist I work with as an emergency today. Is there any way you can take a few days out? I know it is only papering the cracks and not dealing with the root of the problem but if you are at the stage where you are having rage tears then you need to put you first x

Yeah, so work sucks. Thanks to me being pressurised by my immediate coworkers into ignoring my mental health and working when I really shouldn't be I nearly ended up hospitalised. Only reason why I am not is because I refused outright and wouldn't even consider it.

Thanks DaisyChain, but I couldn't take time off like that for what I'm dealing with-not all that bad in the grand scheme and I've got a really supportive boss. The issue has hopefully been solved, so cross your fingers! (We'll see if she continues to treat me like an idiot-she's one lady I don't deal with every day so it won't be the end of the world but I'm not afraid to talk to my boss about her behavior towards me)

Additionally, always take care of yourself and go to the hospital if you need it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That's really good then hun. That will make a difference if you are able to say to your boss.

Hospital just isn't an option at all for me. I would either have to go to a hospital that is too far away and I won't get any visitors. Then the other option is a hospital that I have worked in and know all the staff and I will be working there again. I probably wouldn't sleep a wink in hospital because I can't sleep unless I am in my house with the dog nearby. I haven't been away from home for a single night since I was beaten up and sexually assaulted a year ago (I was away from home for 3 nights then) so being in a situation where a male could just walk into my room would be far too stressful for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

saw this comic today, thought of you guys <3

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

booberthefraggle wrote:

BUT SHE'S USING EGGS!

I kind of love that though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

So, Molly sort of potty trained herself. Back when she was a wee baby bird, I would hold her over a paper towel when she started to squat a bit or otherwise signal poopy time. Pretty soon, she would take herself off to do it, and she hasn't pooped on me since. She is very good about going to a perch or paper towel, or giving me a squeak asking to be moved.

If I am upstairs, she just flies back to the big cage. Problem is, she will sometimes also fly to my mom or dad. She poops immediately upon landing. This isn't a coincidence!

How do I train her that not pooping on me means don't poop on anyone? Surely she knows this already? After all, the bird practically potty trained herself. She also knows not to poop on my blankets or desk.

My dad is getting a bit tired of being pooped on. I don't blame him, but it is kind of funny.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Boober, I sent that cartoon to my mom. She said that is exactly what happens to me, right down to the eyes. She had to physically restrain me from buying a mega pack of canned pumpkin from Costco last week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

acr wrote:
i think the problem is that i hate makeup, and i've never worn it, but i also hate looking like a sallow old ragbag, and i'm slowly beginning to accept that i will have to get over my objection to one or the other if i ever want to feel o.k. about leaving my apartment again.

Others have mentioned tinted moisturizer. I do things a little differently since I don't want anything pigmented in the cheek area. On the other hand, I might want SPF, so I moisturize and follow up with a little mineral foundation, which I tend to use more like a concealer where it's needed to even out red marks. So it really depends on what you're starting off with. If you don't build up the coverage much and the colour matches your skin reasonably well, the mineral stuff is virtually invisible.
Otherwise I usually only do eyes, since I like drawing on myself with bright colours. You'll probably want to forgo my current black liner, gold on the inner corner of the lid, peacock blue on the outer corner and brown in the crease and go with neutrals, e.g. a slightly darker one in the crease and a lighter one that's close to your skin tone on the movable part of the lid. I don't usually do brows since mine are dark, but a dark neutral eye shadow works.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

BUT SHE'S USING EGGS!

I kind of love that though.

It's missing something: it should say "I MUST BAKE THINGS with PUMPKIN!"

lavawitch wrote:
Adele doing the new Bond title song is pure genius. I can't imagine a better modern successor to Shirley Bassey. I loved Garbage and Chris Cornell, but Skyfall is one of the best title songs.

It's forking brilliant! I can't stop listening to it!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:45 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

BAKE ALL THE PUMPKIN

That is pretty much what I want to do. And every time I see a thing with pumpkin flavoring, I must get it. I think the boyfriend is getting a little sick of it. However, I had an AMAZING pumpkin Manhattan this past weekend. Must drink again...

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Holy shiitake, this thread is 1107 pages long.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:49 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have been nonstop watching Buffy the last couple of days. At first I thought it was cheesy and silly. But then I kept watching it and couldn't stop. I fully blame Mars for this grave misfortune.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:41 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I just tried a new brand of liquid smoke and it's a lot more potent than my usual kind (Colgin hickory). Who knew that different liquid smokes could be so smokey?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have a phone interview with a major retail chain in like 10 minutes. It's for a seasonal position that pays way too little for a college graduate, but I really need something temporary so I can stop mooching off my mom for a while.

I feel like I've been sitting here waiting for the call for hours. I'm not particularly nervous. It's just retail. BUT I HATE WAITING.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Today I'm seeing a therapist for the first time re: my internship and communication issues. She seems really nice, but I'm so nervous.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

zwingtip wrote:
I have been nonstop watching Buffy the last couple of days. At first I thought it was cheesy and silly. But then I kept watching it and couldn't stop. I fully blame Mars for this grave misfortune.

I fully take that blame!!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

this paper i'm editing is describing an engineering test that consists of an initial swelling phase followed by a percolation phase, and it is sending me into fits. i think the few minutes of sunshine we got today have made me giddy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pretty sure the sun hasn't been out in at least 4 days,
thanks new england.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:07 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The dog is super hyper despite getting an extra long walk today.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:14 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

zwingtip wrote:

Heh, that's what happened for me. This is the correct life decision.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:42 pm 
Dead by dawn

It took threatening, cajoling, bargaining, bullying and begging but finally, after working in a meat locker for 4 months, my office is a comfortable temperature! Woohoo! Yesterday I had on a tank top, two long sleeve sweaters, a quilted jacket (zipped up) and fingerless gloves and was freezing. Today I'm wearing a blouse and I'm comfy. (The PPK will be disappointed to note than I am also wearing pants.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

My friend just had to have her appendix out. As a get well gift, I got her an owl hat and my mom and I took her out to dinner. We came back from the restaurant and a cop was standing by my mom's car. Apparently someone had backed into her car and then just driven off. Luckily it was very minor damage, and they got the other car's license plate number. While we were standing there and the cop was telling us all this, I look over at my friend with her owl hat and just lost it. I was laughing so hard that I had to go sit in the car. My mom was worried that the cop was going to think we had all been drinking heavily. But I couldn't help it. Everything was totally serious, and then OWL HAT.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

booberthefraggle wrote:
pretty sure the sun hasn't been out in at least 4 days,
thanks new england.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. My vitamin d levels are in the tank at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I miss talking. It's only been two days and I don't know how long laryngitis usually lasts, but I just want to be able to talk again. Also, I'm hungry but most food irritates my throat. I've been eating the same soup for way too many meals in a row now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:54 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Apparently the upstairs neighbours are too cold or something? The thermostat is for the entire house and I'm sweltering, so it's clearly on and on high. I don't know if the heat for the upstairs is broken or if they just have ridiculously low cold tolerances...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Tea wrote:
Apparently the upstairs neighbours are too cold or something? The thermostat is for the entire house and I'm sweltering, so it's clearly on and on high. I don't know if the heat for the upstairs is broken or if they just have ridiculously low cold tolerances...

We have a lot of temperature issues here now. My mom wants the house at 69. I want it around 72-73, which is where we need it for the birdies. My dad seems to need it at 86. We keep it at 74 and my poor dad is constantly bundled up in sweaters and blankets and freezing.

I think it is because of his kidney issues, or maybe just medication side effects.

I'm completely weird. I hate central heating because it gives me headaches, and I constantly have my wind tunnel ceiling fan (LOVE that thing) on, but in office and school buildings, Im constantly cold and miserable. I get cold easily.

Reply to topic  [ 44231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1104, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110 ... 1770  Next