| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Up .5lb. Argh!

On another note the doctor is hoping to change my medication because of the weight gain and the potential for it to keep climbing. It will take a few months though because I will need to slowly be reintroduced to one that I was on before.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:38 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i'm still in vacation mode which isn't really an excuse for eating poorly. def felt it at my races this prior weekend! i went shopping yesterday and bought all healthful things so here's to that!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:44 pm 
Nailed to the V

I was hoping to maintain on vacation.

Instead, I lost 4.6 pounds. SAY. WHAT.

Walking walking walking for 5-8 hours a day most of the days probably helped.

And also the fact that in Europe, food comes in food sizes instead of a trough.

Beers are bigger though. Heh.

In another pound or two (depending on what I weigh now; forgot to check it this morning) I will be 1/4 of the way to my first goal/reassess, plus have lost 10% of my body weight, plus cross from "morbidly obese" to just plain "obese." I'm gonna get all celebratey about it!

Now I remember why I try to keep a continent between me and New Jersey at all times. -torque

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:31 pm 
Dead by dawn

Mack the Spork wrote:
Walking walking walking for 5-8 hours a day most of the days probably helped.

Oh yeah, it does. I ate like a mad woman in Austin last year and lost weight (I did stick to my run schedule, but really I think it was being on my feel all day, every day that did it.)

Mack the Spork wrote:
In another pound or two (depending on what I weigh now; forgot to check it this morning) I will be 1/4 of the way to my first goal/reassess, plus have lost 10% of my body weight, plus cross from "morbidly obese" to just plain "obese." I'm gonna get all celebratey about it!

Woo for milestones! And celebrations!

It's my off-season. Well, except for the fact that I'm training for a marathon. I've gained a few pounds since I was last here, but I think most of that was a shift to more muscle/less fat because my clothes still fit. Still, I never quite made my goal weight last time I was here, and I'd really like to lean down a bit more in the interest of speed. I still have plenty of squishiness to lose, so I'm back to tracking calories and trying not to eat so damn much all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:07 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I'm so happy...In the last 21 days I've lost 17lbs.

Big up to Dr. McDougall for doing what others have failed to do in the last 24 months. Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:24 am 
Naked Under Apron

^ Wow, that's amazing!

And way to go, Mack!

I bought a juicer this past weekend, and I think juice has displaced a little food, which has helped me lose a couple pounds. Probably water weight, but I'll take it. Sometimes you just need that initial loss for encouragement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:45 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Going for a new tactic, eliminating gluten and soy, something in my diet is causing really uncomfortable bloating, and those are the only culprits that I can think of.
I thought there would be nothing exciting for me to eat but I absolutely <33333333333 AFR, never paid attention to it before, but there are loads of recipies soy and gluten free recipies to keep me happy all next week , yippee!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

my scale broke! it also had a body fat measurement on there too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:35 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I did a check and I've maintained. I seem to be great at maintaining with no effort, but losing is another story. In any case, this is fine for now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I lost five pounds! Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:09 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yay Ariann.

I lost .4 last week. Really kind of bummed by that. I feel like I'm doing everything "right" in terms of food and exercise so I don't know why this is going so slow. I just want more results before I get too discouraged.

On the positive, I am starting to fit into some clothes I have not been able to wear since pre-baby. Finally some progress.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I maintained this week, but I'm down a pant size and my arms are looking awesome. I have muscles!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i need a new scale? any recommendations?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:48 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I think I have a alcohol baby growing in me. I swear I look preggers, which is definitely not the case. I need to exercise more, and eat smaller portions, I need to get rid of my alcohol/food baby....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Well done Spork!

I'm pure frustrated. I'm due to weigh in tomorrow and I know it won't be good. I haven't eaten a proper meal since last Thursday. I haven't had the energy or motivation to cook good healthy meals so I have been living on junk. I have been good and walked twice a day every day bar yesterday so hoping that will stand to me some how. Roll on when I can decrease the dose of the tablet that is driving my appetite insane.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

In shock..... I am actually down 1lb!! I completely forgot to weigh in yesterday so I weighed myself this morning instead. I'm absolutely thrilled. It has given me a bit of motivation to behave. So much so that I removed the choccie dodgers from my online shop order.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can't remember the last time I updated, but I weighed myself today and I'm down 14 pounds total. Woo! My co-workers have been spontaneously asking if I've lost weight (that is, I haven't been mentioning that I'm trying to lose weight and they respond with saying it looks like I have, but they've actually asked, unprompted, if I'd lost weight). I have a skirt that I'm about to have to put in storage for my bff (who is also losing weight like crazy) because it doesn't fit anymore (which is sad because I only bought it a few months ago, but I only paid £4.30 for it, so it's not so bad).

I still have loads to lose - I'm only about 20% to my goal - but I'm happy that I'm making fairly consistent progress.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:13 pm 

Congrats rachell37

After two weeks of not really losing much, I weighed today and was down 4.2 pounds! Just the encouragement I needed to stay on track.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Congrats Daisychain, Rachell37, and Butternut!

I'm haven't lost for the last two weeks so your story is encouraging, Butternut!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:16 pm 

I noticed yesterday that I seem to have lost some fat. My body does this weird thing where I lose fat first out of the sides of my abdomen and my ab muscles started being more visible there, so I think I've lost body fat. I'm still refusing to get on a scale because it would put too much pressure and I'd fold or something after a little while. I do have a vague goal of doing my best to work towards a more muscle less fat proportion by christmas since I'm going to Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Well done Butternut and Rachel x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:03 am 
Impressive boner

fupapack wrote:
i need a new scale? any recommendations?

I have a Tanita BC730 and it's great.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've actually lost a tiny bit! I think it might be more since I'm still bloaty. Woo!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:52 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

So, I had kind of a "duh" moment a couple of days ago. I realized that it was really, really easy to gain over 100 lbs back of my weight loss because I just made little crappy decisions all day long. Things like: "Wow, this sandwich is really good... but I'm full.. but it's good so I'll finish it anyway!" Or "If one beer is good, then 3 or 4 will be awesome!" Or "Well, I made this delicious VPITS Pumpkin Cheesecake and I'm the only one who is eating it and I don't want it to go bad, so I guess I should have a slice each day so it doesn't go to waste!" Yeah.

My goal now is to just make fewer momentary crappy decisions. I was always very all or nothing with my weight loss and I think I really need to just get away from that. Easier said than done when you're a perfectionist, but last night I went out to eat with my fiance and instead of having several drinks with dinner, I had two, and instead of finishing my meal, I ate like half and brought the rest home for lunch today. I didn't set out before dinner thinking "Okay, here's how much I'm going to eat" but rather just stopped when I was satisfied. I KNOW. Mindblowing. I very meticulously calorie counted back when I lost down to 180 lbs and weighed myself quite frequently. It worked, but I was stressed out and beat myself up a lot for doing things like eating an extra handful of raisins or having bread with dinner one night. I'd cry when my fiance and I first started dating if I overate when we went out on a date. :-/ I don't want to go back to that frame of mind again. I think I'm going to use MyFitnessPal, but not be so meticulous about it in terms of setting harsh calorie limits and I'm not sure how weighing will go. Maybe I'll use the pants-o-meter, but that's kinda difficult when a lot of plus sized clothing has a lot of "give" to it, so gains and losses aren't really that noticeable.

One hard thing I face, though, is that I know that when I had thinner friends, I was less likely to overeat and whatnot because when we hung out, they ate normal amounts of food so it was a good influence on me. Now that I'm in medical school, though, my best friend is around my weight (300 lbs-ish) and has basically given herself a free pass from weight loss indefinitely because of stress from school. Our main hang-out is our scheduled weekly lunch on Tuesday. I guess I'll just have to be uber-strong and not fall into my old pattern of "Well, she's eating lots of unhealthy food and enjoying herself, so I can too!"

I really need to lose weight not only because of my health, but also because I know that if I don't, I'll be setting myself up at a severe disadvantage to other applicants in fall 2014 when it comes time for me to apply to residency programs. As much as it sucks, the world isn't a perfect place and people will assume I'm lazier than everyone else because of my weight, even if my application proves otherwise. Bleh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Freetahtah - Good luck on your journey, I see you know first hand how you can slip into disordered thoughts.
I know this is such a general thing to say, but maybe if you can focus on getting appropriate amounts of veggies, fruits, pulses and wholegrains, you won't necessarily need to count calories, which can really be a bad habit with some. But don't completely deprive yourself of the things you enjoy. Maybe if you have the time, when meeting your friend you could go for a walk/jog together, or some kind of activity like a fitness class? That way if both of you are interested in changing to a healthier lifestyle you can have the support of one another.

Lost a bit of weight I think, I can fit into UK size 10 shorts I bought ages ago to celebrate my weight gain, but then outgrew!
My body shape is changing with the weight training I think also, the bf noticed my thighs are looking a little more toned and the muscles in my arms are starting to appear. Gluten free/ soy free isn't going bad at all this week (wasn't able to do it last week... skint) Still getting bloated though... have a sneaky suspicion its down to eating pulses and beans...
Any remedies to combat this?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 145  Next