| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213 ... 299  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:10 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I hope your appointment went well stuckunderhere!

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Can you ride the subway without getting sick? If I go anywhere outside the village, I have to take this horrible rickety hour-long country bus and I always get really really ill on it when I am pregnant. I literally cried when I got off the bus once because I was so relieved I didn't throw up.

I can do it, it's just not fun. I start sucking on a strong mint when I get on and that helps. And if I get a seat that's better than standing up. I carried around a plastic bag in my bag last time just in case but never needed it :-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

1cm dialated, 75% effaced. He is low and engaging. Any moment now...

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:14 am 
Naked Under Apron

kdub wrote:
CC- I didn't know you were preggers! Big congrats!!

Thanks! I am barely 6 weeks along and didn't want to leave the conceivin' thread until I was relatively sure the baby was gonna stick. Now that I'm starting to get a little morning sickness, I figure that means things are going well (for the baby, not my intestines or sense of smell, although it's still really mild so far).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:32 pm 
Nailed to the V

stuckunderhere wrote:
1cm dialated, 75% effaced. He is low and engaging. Any moment now...

Exciting! Time to un-stick yourself, stuckbaby! : )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Woot! Go Eli!

Still hoping that mapmapmap is okay. Not sure whether to send a msg letting her know we're thinking 'bout her.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Do you have non-PPK contact for her? If so, I'd reach out!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

GBS negative!!! Booyah, no forking IV antibiotics for me!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:49 pm 
***LIES!!!***

littlebird wrote:
GBS negative!!! Booyah, no forking IV antibiotics for me!!!

HOOOOOOORAY!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:11 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Hurrah!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:34 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

yay, littlebird!!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

I feel dumb but what is GBS?

yay though cause it seems to be a good thing to be negative :-)

are there any safe allergy type meds/decongestants to take while pregnant? all of a sudden today i have legions of snot pouring out of me :-/

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:50 pm 
And you never will.

LisaPunk wrote:
I feel dumb but what is GBS?

Group B Strep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:50 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

For Group B Strep infections. They test you around 35-37wks. And if you are positive, you need antibiotics through IV during labor so to not give it to baby.

Which by the way, I did mine over a week ago, and no news yet. Good news?

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Benadryl is probably the safest of the allergy meds and Claritin is OK too. My OB also puts Sudafed on the list of drugs one can take while pregnant, but it is pregnancy category C according to the FDA, so I'm nervous about it and have avoided it. I've not really researched this at all though beyond checking the FDA categories.

I've taken both Benadryl and Claritin (well, the generic versions) while pregnant, even in the first trimester. I can only take Benadryl at night since it knocks me out, but that is great for getting a good night's sleep when my allergies are going nuts.

Yay for no IV antibiotics, littlebird!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:08 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ah ok thanks! that is definitely a yay for being negative.

and thanks for the info on allergy meds. ill rifle through my closet when i get home. im stuck at work for another three hours :-(

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:10 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

stuckunderhere wrote:

you can always call and ask but i swear every doctor ive ever been to regardless of what it is for operates under the "no news is good news" policy.

ive been really sick and had tests done for something specific and they never call. i get a note in the mail saying XYZ test was negative but no one seemed to care that i was still super ill. stoopid drs.

when i went to my OB for my first appt they took literally 10 vials of blood out of me (i counted!) and they said they would only call if they found something worrisome.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:16 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

You can also just check out http://www.safefetus.com for any meds and which "class" type they are in. From Safest to DONT GO THERE!

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

LisaPunk wrote:
stuckunderhere wrote:

you can always call and ask but i swear every doctor ive ever been to regardless of what it is for operates under the "no news is good news" policy.

ive been really sick and had tests done for something specific and they never call. i get a note in the mail saying XYZ test was negative but no one seemed to care that i was still super ill. stoopid drs.

when i went to my OB for my first appt they took literally 10 vials of blood out of me (i counted!) and they said they would only call if they found something worrisome.

Oh, I've had testing done with 12 vials while hubby and I were TTC. It was horrible! And I never got any news. I had to call and wait for "hours" on the phone to finally hang up and call my OB's office, where the receptionist just said "everything's fine"... yeah uhh, thanks? We were 2yrs in of trying for another child and you give me the "everything's okay, goodbye" answer. It was so annoying! (by the way, it took another 6months to finally end up pregnant with my little Eli... who needs to show up within a week or I get sectioned/induced)

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Why within the week? Aren't you still more than a week from your estimated due date?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

my due date is next sunday (21st). I have GD. They were supposed to induce at 38wks. At my 37wk appt, they decided I was doing so well that I could be out of the high risk clinic and just see my regular OB as long as he came by his due date... So, tuesday, I will be 39+2 and we will discuss options if he's not coming... He's big. Bigger than my son was (8lbs2oz at 41wks) and I had a horrible time birthing him. They don't want me delivering a 9lbs+ baby.

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Are *you* okay with the induction idea? I understand getting advice from medical personnel, but be sure that your voice is heard too! (been reading some Ina May lately and getting all fired up about women reclaiming the birth process).

Also spent a lot of time lately reading about second labors and finding that baby size, station and particularly baby being in back/back position generally cause less tribulation the more pregnancies you've had as things never "snap back" to the way they were pre-children. Still not sure about baby #2 here, but nice to see some data saying that a gnarly first labor/delivery because of baby size/position is really unlikely to be repeated.

Sending you speedy baby vibes. :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:59 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I had an induction with my son and I hated what Pitocin did to me. Buuuut, after what I endured in his birth which almost ended in emergency c-section, I think I would probably choose section over induction for this one. It would be over way faster. 22hrs of horrible labor pains, episiotomy, forceps and whatnot, versus 1hr surgery and done. Ya know? As much as that wasnt my initial plan at all (I wanted a home water birth with a midwife) I have come to the conclusion that at this point, I just want him out and healthy.

And I have some mild/moderate SPD pains. I dont want to know what it'll be like when I push this one out. Oww! So because he grows too big, I want to have a chance to labor and deliver on my own if its a possibility.

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:17 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i'd go with a scheduled c-section over a possibly not effective induction, personally. the recovery from a scheduled section is better than the recovery from a failed pitocin induction and hours of labour and then surgery. my sister had a c-section after a stalled labour and then a scheduled c-section (she had GD too) for her second and she really liked the scheduled c-section over her first experience.

i'm sorry though, i'd be really bummed to have to choose either induction or c-section. i know there's some good medical reasons to induce for GD, but i'm still skeptical that they KNOW how big the baby is, you know? it's so frequently inaccurate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:19 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

man, i've been having a terrible backache and some nasty braxton hicks this afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 pm 
Semen Strong

How do you know how big your baby is? You should do whatever you feel is right stuck, but just fwiw, Leela measured as a big (9lbs+) baby on all her u/s and we were having them every 2 weeks after 30 weeks. I was really nervous bc I thought if I had a big baby, I'd need a c-section and I'd rather do a scheduled c than hours of labor followed by an emergency c. My midwife (who rocks) was just all "look, let's just have you labor according to plan and see how it goes." And that was great, because it turned out that she was 7lbs 10oz after all the agita. Even I was in delivery and they did a u/s to see how she looked heading down, the tech was still all "OMG that is going to be a giant baby."

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

Reply to topic  [ 7473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213 ... 299  Next