| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Make-up for covering up dark eye circles?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hi, y'all, I rarely ever wear make-up but I've recently decided I don't want to look like I have 2 black eyes ;) Mmy dark circles are primarily from some serious seasonal allergies. My dark circles definitely are in the corner of my eye and then they swing out to under my eye.

I would prefer not to order online as I definitely want to be able to examine the make-up colors in person. I'm hoping that since my loreal shampoo and conditioner is vegan that loreal puts the vegan label on their make-up too?

First, does anyone have any "big box" vegan make-up companies to suggest to me that can be found at Target? (or the grocery store as I'm not sure when I'll be at the natural grocery food store next as they do have a small health & beauty section)
Secondly, I really no nothing about make-up and don't know what kind of cover-up/concealer I should get? Stick form? Liquid? I have no idea and need help!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

Post subject: Re: Make-up for covering up dark eye circles?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:49 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I don't think loreal has vegan make up sold under its own brand name (many people avoid loreal altogether because the parent companies does test on animals, though I also buy their shampoo sometimes with the idea that it will encourage them to make more mainstream vegan products).

For target/supermarket available products, there's ELF and Wet'n'Wild (w'n'w is not tested on animals but not 100% vegan--there's a list of their vegan products posted somewhere on this board and on crueltyfreeface.com -- which is an amazing vegan makeup resource).

I'm not much help on products, I have the same problem but just don't do anything about it other than occasionally use tinted moisturizer (urban decay and laura mercier both have nice ones that are vegan but both require a trip to sephora).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

If your circles are purplish, you probably want a yellow concealer, or an orange one if they're more blue. Plus, it should be somewhat lighter than your skin tone. I use a yellow mineral corrector powder sometimes, which actually also works on the rest of my face since my skin has slightly yellow/neutral undertones, so I don't need to add extra foundation on top. I wouldn't rule out the internet, provided you can find a company that will send you cheap samples. My mineral makeup samples lasted months and then I decided to get the raw materials to mix my own.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I use a concealer stick from wet and wild. It was super cheap- around $3. I like it a lot. I use it under my eyes and also to cover blemishes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

aiee wrote:
I don't think loreal has vegan make up sold under its own brand name (many people avoid loreal altogether because the parent companies does test on animals, though I also buy their shampoo sometimes with the idea that it will encourage them to make more mainstream vegan products).

For target/supermarket available products, there's ELF and Wet'n'Wild (w'n'w is not tested on animals but not 100% vegan--there's a list of their vegan products posted somewhere on this board and on crueltyfreeface.com -- which is an amazing vegan makeup resource).

I'm not much help on products, I have the same problem but just don't do anything about it other than occasionally use tinted moisturizer (urban decay and laura mercier both have nice ones that are vegan but both require a trip to sephora).

sigh, i'm still such a noob. i didn't even know loreal is part of some other big company that does test on animals :( i'm still going to finishing using my shampoo and condition and then when it's time to buy more, i'll have to consider something else. and thanks for the website link!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 am 
Baking In The Flavor

check out NYX...i know they are sold in Ulta, not sure where else: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/c-9-concealer.aspx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm not sure what/where Ulta is, but I do know my natural foods grocery store (Earth Fare) does have a health and beauty section so I'll check for that NYX product next time I go in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 am 
Baking In The Flavor

bookwormbethie wrote:
I'm not sure what/where Ulta is, but I do know my natural foods grocery store (Earth Fare) does have a health and beauty section so I'll check for that NYX product next time I go in.

i don't think Earth Fare has NYX, just regular drugstores. they might have Mineral Fusion or Zuzu Luxe, both of those brands have good concealers:)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 am 
Ninja Master

I have a clinique one that they confirmed to me is vegan, but that was before it was revealed that Estee Lauder animal test. So I won't be buying it again. Which is a bummer because I really like it.

ooh, do you guys get Bourjois? Their healthy mix concealer (and foundation) is vegan and it's pretty good.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast