| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:15 pm 
***LIES!!!***

yes, I agree with them, as almost always.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:24 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I don't know, is it that they are picking story over creativity? Because the story of these four is SO boring. Maybe if they are going for heart strings over drama, but I only ever watched this show for design and drama. I don't give a crepe about either of these four and at this point don't even really care who wins. Boooooring.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:31 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ariann wrote:
a) God this is boring.
b) Fake elimination is stoooopid.
c) Everybody's clothes look like crepe, but interestingly all for different reasons!

agreed, the runway was so boring. i've been bored most of the season with this show yet still keep tuning in. i am not in love with any of these collections. what a boring show at bryant park this will be.

the project runway allstars show that starts soon better be exciting and wake me up from this boring 10th season!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:45 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Wow! This is the first time since Seth Aaron that I'm actually excited about the winner of the season!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't think I would've been disappointed if anyone had won this time. Maybe if Chris had? He's not my favorite.

So yeah, wasn't really surprised one way or another. Pretty good season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Bah, Dmitry's was my least favorite on the runway by far. I thought it was awful. I was rooting for Fabio!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:13 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Honestly, I was mostly excited that Christopher didn't win. I'd have been happy with any of the other three. In the last couple of seasons, the producer manipulation was at such an obscene level that we all knew who they wanted to win from early on. They were giving Christopher that edit this season, so I was convinced he'd win it. And although I don't have the gag reflex with him that I do with Anya, he was kind of an asparagus (especially in last night's episode).

So mostly my excitement was in the producers not giving the win to the biggest drama queen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:11 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

zelavie wrote:
Honestly, I was mostly excited that Christopher didn't win. I'd have been happy with any of the other three. In the last couple of seasons, the producer manipulation was at such an obscene level that we all knew who they wanted to win from early on. They were giving Christopher that edit this season, so I was convinced he'd win it. And although I don't have the gag reflex with him that I do with Anya, he was kind of an asparagus (especially in last night's episode).

So mostly my excitement was in the producers not giving the win to the biggest drama queen.

hah this! I never liked him much and he just more grating as it went on. Not all time PR hater list, but still irritating.

Am I the only one who kept thinking that they were going to bring out Dmitry's dad at the end? I kept waiting for it and then they never did. Sadness!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:34 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

My Zoetrope wrote:
Bah, Dmitry's was my least favorite on the runway by far. I thought it was awful. I was rooting for Fabio!

Me too! I mean, they were all pretty boring, and Fabio's wasn't really my style at all, but at least it was interesting and the changes he made to it really improved it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I liked Melissa's collection the best (other than the dress the model couldn't walk in), but I'm not surprised Dmitry won.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Finally watched the finale. I hated Melissa's and Fabio's the least, but wasn't all that impressed with anybody's. Too many stupid short shorts and camisoles. So many of the models looked so incredibly awkward, which really diminished even the good stuff going on. Dmitry's models looked the most awkward and they looked really awkward in those first two pieces with the cut-outs, which made me feel like maybe those things didn't really fit or were super stiff so they moved jerkily. blah.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 pm 
Inflexitarian

fabio's collection is not my thing but i wanted him to win.
jennifer hudson nailed it by saying dimitry will be fine but fabio needs the win. i think the same can be said about melissa. both of them will find a career outside of pr but fabio will struggle, unfortunately.

chris is whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Chris turned into a bisque by the last ep...

I liked Melissa's collection the best...I just wished it was pleather!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:15 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I liked Dmitry's work overall this season more than Fabio's, and I liked Chris' collection and the dress, but the dress definitely didn't match the collection very well.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:20 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I liked Dmitry's work overall this season more than Fabio's

Yep, same here. But I loved Fabio's personality, and I thought his collection was way more forward-thinking than anybody else's. I was really hoping Fabio would win this one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

well the season has ended, it was a bit boring, but yet i kept tuning it so it was entertaining a bit. chris was not one of my favorites, but he consistently "delivered" good design and clothing. i was surprised, in my opinion, at how awful his bryant park runway show was, the clothes, ugh. too many booty shorts.

fabio sorta flew under the radar most of the season and during the season finale i was rooting for him. dmitry has a lot of fans, but i personally was not impressed with his runway show.

oh well. all starts starts either on the 24th, 25th, or 26th. i'll definitely be tuning into that, hopefully it won't be a snore fest like this season was.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:57 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

With Wendy AND Ivy?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:31 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

All Stars is going to be a serious drama-fest. I'll watch it, because I seem to be incapable of NOT watching, but I fully expect a train wreck. I think I might need a Project Runway intervention.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Josh is going to be in it. I don't know that I can handle watching him for another season, but my curiosity will probably get the best of me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

alice1drland wrote:
Josh is going to be in it. I don't know that I can handle watching him for another season, but my curiosity will probably get the best of me.

Josh? Is that the guy that was bully-ish, especially to Bert? Sigh, if so, Josh was a bit much.

lavawitch wrote:
With Wendy AND Ivy?

I do remember Wendy, didn't like her, nor her collection at Bryant Park. Ivy? Hhmm.... is that the one who said the show should be called the Ivy show and made, as Michael candidedly pointed out, pants out of pants? Is it sad that I can remember these things?!

P.S. On a random note, did anyone ever watch 'the fashion show' with Isaac Mizrahi and Kelly Roland from Destiny's Child? It was on for one season a few years back? It seemed promising and I was disappointed when it didn't get renewed for another season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

alice1drland wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:
I liked Dmitry's work overall this season more than Fabio's

Yep, same here. But I loved Fabio's personality, and I thought his collection was way more forward-thinking than anybody else's. I was really hoping Fabio would win this one.

Agree, but Dmitry's final collection was my second least favorite (after Chris).. Melissa (despite the leather) and Fabio had the best looking collections. I thought Dmitry's still looked dowdy, and some of them just looked too big on the models.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I'm surprised that the judges found Dmitri's styling acceptable. I thought the hair and makeup were awful. The eyebrows he gave the models made them all look like Eddie Munster and what was up with the silver leaf shiitake in the hair? It was just so random and had no connection to his collection.

I thought Christopher was fake through the whole season, and fake and bisque-y in the last episode. I actually really liked the other three finalists as people, but thought all of their collections were meh. I was half-heartedly rooting for Fabio to win, just because I thought he was a sweetheart and his collection was the most creative. (Although absolutely not to my taste.)

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It seemed like that hairdresser really wanted to do the silver stuff, and Dmitry just went along with it because he had no idea what to do. So the drama that his models were all still in hair and makeup and not dressed yet could've been avoided if he chose different hair!

lepelaar wrote:
I was half-heartedly rooting for Fabio to win, just because I thought he was a sweetheart and his collection was the most creative. (Although absolutely not to my taste.)

Me too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Any thoughts on All Stars? Anthony Ryan was one of our favorites in his season, so I think we're rooting for him. There are some fun "characters" though, so this should be entertaining.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:24 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Yes, Anthony Ryan!

I felt bad for Peach, but sheesh. Also Suede is welcome to exit at any time. Talking about yourself in the third person is just gross.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next