| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46830 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 1874  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:26 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Wanking, in the US, is about as tame a term for jerking it as calling someone a 'poop-head' is, instead of assshole.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I do not have time for thissssss
sick is taking up time I could be using to worrkkkkkkkk
:((((

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:28 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I am trying to grow my hair out from a pixie...it is not going well. I feel frumpy and grumpy and ugly every day. Gah. Wish I could bypass the next few hair-months.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:38 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

j-dub wrote:
I am trying to grow my hair out from a pixie...it is not going well. I feel frumpy and grumpy and ugly every day. Gah. Wish I could bypass the next few hair-months.

sympathy! my recovery from my most recent bangtastrophe is progressing far too slowly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:40 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Finally put my dog's bed, harness, leash, etc. in the wash. I had put it off for so long because her stuff (her bed especially) was all covered with her hair and I couldn't bear to wash away the last physical traces of her. But tonight I finally felt like I was ready to do it. So everything is getting washed now, so that when I do find another dog I will be all ready with clean bed and leash and toys.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:44 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Does honey have some sort of magical throat healing power? I've had laryngitis for ~5 days and almost everyone I see tells me to drink honey plus something. Honey and warm milk (eww), honey and lemon in water, honey and tea, honey and whiskey, honey with lemon and vodka, etc. It isn't worth straining the tiny bit of whispering I can do to tell them that I'm vegan and that bees are animals too. So I smile and nod.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Finally put my dog's bed, harness, leash, etc. in the wash. I had put it off for so long because her stuff (her bed especially) was all covered with her hair and I couldn't bear to wash away the last physical traces of her. But tonight I finally felt like I was ready to do it. So everything is getting washed now, so that when I do find another dog I will be all ready with clean bed and leash and toys.

this is kind of amazing to me. you're so much stronger than i am! my dog died in 2003, and her leash and collar are here in my apartment (i can see them), still unwashed. full confession: i have a couple of my cat's shed claws in a jewelry box, so i might be a crazy person.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:50 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

acr wrote:
j-dub wrote:

sympathy! my recovery from my most recent bangtastrophe is progressing far too slowly.

Solidarity. I look like I'm in grade 4 right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:55 pm 
Semen Strong

paprikapapaya wrote:
Solidarity. I look like I'm in grade 4 right now.

Okay, now I feel weird for finding you attractive.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:03 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Socks that say 'vegan' up the side. I don't care for the color scheme, but surely someone else will.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:30 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

acr wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:

this is kind of amazing to me. you're so much stronger than i am! my dog died in 2003, and her leash and collar are here in my apartment (i can see them), still unwashed. full confession: i have a couple of my cat's shed claws in a jewelry box, so i might be a crazy person.

Not crazy at all! I have a lock of hair that I cut off my dog before she died, a whisker I found on the floor, and I had been saving all of her hair that got brushed out during her grooming sessions and now I am going to have it spun into yarn and knitted into a scarf. I also kept one toy from the wash. It's her lambie, and it was her favorite toy when she was young. I brought it to the hospital when she was sick, and she died with her head resting on it. And I also have the last collar she wore, unwashed, on my night stand. So those 2 things I am keeping as they are, and I don't think I'll let another dog use them. But all the other toys, collars, bed, etc. I will let a new dog enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The FYH cream cheese I bought today is 3 months out of date. That means I have to take it back tomorrow. I'm using it in my chopped entry, and was going to do some prep tonight, but I'll have to wait now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:57 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

starrynight87 wrote:
The FYH cream cheese I bought today is 3 months out of date. That means I have to take it back tomorrow. I'm using it in my chopped entry, and was going to do some prep tonight, but I'll have to wait now.

Are you doing the chopped contest posted on Vegan Mofo? I thought the rules stated to use only ingredients from scratch. I don't think anyone would be disqualified for using store bought vegetable broth for instance, but cream cheese might be iffy.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Do you guys keep sentimental stuff from old lovers? I'm going through all my shiitake and found stuff I've kept from my lover before my marriage that recently ended... I feel like I really don't want to ever throw this stuff away... But why? It's so pointless... It just lives in a box...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:41 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

Mars wrote:
Do you guys keep sentimental stuff from old lovers? I'm going through all my shiitake and found stuff I've kept from my lover before my marriage that recently ended... I feel like I really don't want to ever throw this stuff away... But why? It's so pointless... It just lives in a box...

for me it depends how it ended, and how much it meant. I've still got a few things from some exs, and they still mean a lot to me..but I've also gotten rid of things that meant a lot, but had pretty negative associations from the relationship.

if it feels good to hang onto it though, I don't see any problem with it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:04 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Mars wrote:
I tend to keep it for a while and then realise I'll never look at it and just throw it away. Put it in a shoebox under the bed for a few years, until you get the "what is this old crepe?" reaction.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:22 am 
Impressive boner

I made a pattern for a skirt and I'm now obsessed with pretty fabrics. Not just pretty ones though - ones that include cute prints of eyeballs, bones, anatomical drawings and monsters. I'm going to cut and sew the first skirt out of plain white cotton tomorrow. If it's successful I'll make a black cotton one too, then I'll be blowing all of my spare cash on gorgeous fabrics.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

j-dub wrote:

I want to grow mine out for a change but don't want the frumpy phase, being 41 doesn't help! A hairdresser told me to start by growing my fringe out first.

I have a coffee date (first) this afternoon and I think I might have picked up a tummy bug. You know one of those vague things were you know things aren't right but it's not bad enough to cancel. I don't have the guy's number to rearrange with him and would never stand anyone up. So it's probiotics, peppermint tea and the hope I don't puke or shiitake myself at any stage of the date.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:48 am 
Semen Strong

Happy not shitting yourself fezza! And if you do, its probably the Universe telling you the guy was a tosser so no harm :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:05 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Tofulish wrote:
Happy not shitting yourself fezza! And if you do, its probably the Universe telling you the guy was a tosser so no harm :)

Thanks, good way to look at it! He's accusing me of having Napoleon complex because I'm explaining my greatness to him, obviously a tosser.

Two of my friends told me 'shitting themselves' stories last night (I laughed in the middle of the bar until I cried & almost puked), maybe I'll get a funny/humiliating story out of it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

HOW DOES GOOGLE KNOW ME SO WELL?!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

booberthefraggle wrote:
I do not have time for thissssss
sick is taking up time I could be using to worrkkkkkkkk
:((((

I feel you, boober - I've just had almost a week of this.
But I'm sitting in the living room, wearing comfy things that are definitely NOT pajamas, so I can't be sick and will have to start writing any minute now. (Aaaargh.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:35 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

joshua wrote:
Mars wrote:

for me it depends how it ended, and how much it meant. I've still got a few things from some exs, and they still mean a lot to me..but I've also gotten rid of things that meant a lot, but had pretty negative associations from the relationship.

if it feels good to hang onto it though, I don't see any problem with it

I still have a few small things leftover from an ex. He was abusive, but I don't really associate those moments with the stuff, and it kind of allows me to remember that it wasn't all bad, we did have our moments, and I can't deny that he was a huge part of my life. Also, "stuff" doesn't have to be romantic memories of times past, it can also represent the end of a significant time in your life, and I find humility/gratefulness in thinking about where I was versus where I am now.

So now that I've typed that, I realize it sounds kind of crazy. Maybe it IS time for a purging.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:52 am 
Semen Strong

My ex made me the most beautiful albums every year. He'd go through the best of our photos and make these huge and gorgeous photo albums, date every photo and write cute notes about what we had done. I keep those because they were our memories (and the only records I have of me for 7 years). But I threw out the boxes of love letters he wrote me (I think he has mine) - we were LDR and wrote so much. I also keep books, so every now and again, I find inscriptions that read "I will love you forever."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 am 
Inflexitarian

I have some ex-things, but mostly things with utility. I have a couple of shirts an ex got me as a gift (they have science jokes on them, so def. keepers). Also, I have a lamp that a totally different ex gave me as a housewarming gift once. It's a fine lamp.

Yet another ex gave me a Star Wars lunch-box. It was more recent, though, so I still kind of keep it in a corner, only bringing it out when the topic of awesome lunch boxes comes up, which is more frequent than you might think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46830 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 1874  Next