| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 241  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:21 pm 
Inflexitarian

fezza wrote:
Tea wrote:
Ex girlfriend contacted me on the facebooks and not so subtley suggested meeting up for dinner some evening. We agreed to still be friends after breaking up, but haven't seen eachother at all since then anyway, so I'm assuming this is completely platonic. But maybe that is a dangerous assumption.

Put it on hold until you're comfortable enough to do it. I would suggest coffee for the first while, until you're sure of what's happening.

I'm exclusively interested in being platonic with her, so I guess I'm mostly just worried that she has different ideas and it'll be awkward. But I guess I don't actually have any reason to think that might be the case, and awkward isn't really so bad.

Quote:
Clicked with a lovely guy over the weekend, then discovered that he's a smoker, I can't physically tolerate cigarette smoke, it's one of my migraine triggers. We were both so sad when we realised it wasn't to be... had a little romantic/slightly dramatic farewell. Just give up the smokes and email me dammit!

Urrg that sucks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 am 
Nailed to the V

cornflowers wrote:
Second date with I'll-learn-to-cook-vegan-food-for-you guy and my ex has resurfaced. fork.

typical

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:32 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Emilie wrote:
cornflowers wrote:
Second date with I'll-learn-to-cook-vegan-food-for-you guy and my ex has resurfaced. fork.

typical

The ex took me for vegan sushi, brought flowers, happily wandered round Manchester looking for V Revolution with me. Ten times better than date boy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:02 pm 
Huffs Nooch

At the urging of one of my friends I made an OKC account and started talking to an interesting gal who I ended up going to see a movie with last night.
It was great fun, we ended up talking for several hours nonstop, the evening ended by saying we should get together again, and she kissed me goodnight.

So, I survived my second actual date-like thing and the first with a lady.

Also whenever people ask how I know people that I know from the online I tell them a sex toy knitting club. Because that's way less sketch than just saying "the internet". Right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Saw the cute guy today for a nooner. Can't help but think he's got a s.o/wife due to him only being able to meet me during work hours. In better news, I have a date with a guy tonight who has been direct and honest up front. And he likes wine! We shall see...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:06 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Shantylass wrote:
At the urging of one of my friends I made an OKC account and started talking to an interesting gal who I ended up going to see a movie with last night.
It was great fun, we ended up talking for several hours nonstop, the evening ended by saying we should get together again, and she kissed me goodnight.

So, I survived my second actual date-like thing and the first with a lady.

Also whenever people ask how I know people that I know from the online I tell them a sex toy knitting club. Because that's way less sketch than just saying "the internet". Right?

I want to join the sex toy knitting club!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Got asked on 3 dates yesterday but turned them all down and asked the smoker out instead. I get on better with him than anyone else and think I would like to hang out with, him even if it's only as friends. I suggested we get take out coffee/hot chocolate and wander about the university/student area some evening, I love that area when it's dark. He said it sounded like bliss :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

ScooterDiva wrote:
Saw the cute guy today for a nooner. Can't help but think he's got a s.o/wife due to him only being able to meet me during work hours. In better news, I have a date with a guy tonight who has been direct and honest up front. And he likes wine! We shall see...

Maybe cute guy is a single dad, but only being available during daytime does sound a little suspicious. I hope you have better luck with the new guy.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:51 am 
Nailed to the V

cornflowers wrote:
Emilie wrote:
cornflowers wrote:

typical

The ex took me for vegan sushi, brought flowers, happily wandered round Manchester looking for V Revolution with me. Ten times better than date boy.

...yeee! that's cool! (wait, I also went out with an ex yesterday and ...couldn't help to find him cute. Which was not the goal of the thing. at all. but, there was a cat in this bar. and he had to pet the cat. touching. grmblbl).

On the other hand(s), for some weird reason several guys are surfacing at the same time just like invaders?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:04 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Welp. After spending a lot of my free-time getting to know a pretty awesome gal only to have it all come crashing around my ears last night before ever really getting of the ground, I'm cruising the okcupid again today and drowning my sorrows in random quickfire conversations with hot babes. Mostly this is one conversation and mostly it's about who has the hairiest armpits.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:47 am 
Nailed to the V

Oh! and this one! http://myveganrevolution.blogspot.be/
(a friend in brussels) <3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:56 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Dating is the worst and I'm the worst at it.

Was going out with a really awesome lady that I met on POF for about a month, then, starting last week, it just seems over. Like I've texted her a few times and got no response once, and short ones with no follow-up the other times. Pretty clear she's not interested in talking to me for whatever reason. Felt like things were going so well, too. She was adorable and a vegetarian :(v . That 'v' was a typo, but I like it, so I'm keeping it. His name is sadleno.

papercuts wrote:
I'm cruising the okcupid again today and drowning my sorrows in random quickfire conversations with hot babes

Yep. It helps :). I'm dissecting sitcom relationships with one person, and talking about dreams and passions and stuff with another.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:44 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

bunniee wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:

Maybe cute guy is a single dad, but only being available during daytime does sound a little suspicious. I hope you have better luck with the new guy.

Thanks bunniee. Im pretty sure hes definitely not single, and i havent heard back from him, so its one less thing to think about.

Some potential dates lined up for this weekend, but really wanting to find some girl friends to hang out with. I need chick time and its so lonely being away from all my friends.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Guys, I had a really good first date and I'm all swoony over it and it's making me realize that I don't really know if I want to be seeing the girl I've been seeing every now and then for the past two months but I have plans to see her tonight and ugh I don't know. My brain is so irrationally monogamous.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:02 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Eeeep happy for ye! My 2c is see the girl tonight you have plans with but just try to keep it light. Then keep trying it out with awesome first date.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Guy I went out with some weeks ago got back in touch, we had messaged but only half-heartedly in the meanwhile, he didn't seem eager or even interested. Now we have plans to cook some vegan dinner next week, yay!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:57 am 

Ooohh, good luck Anek!

I have a coffee date at the museum, he seems like a nice guy but perhaps too keen... and I think we all know how that ends up for me. I thought the easy going contact was just because he was chilled, seems it was because he never thought I'd be interested in going on a date with him, which I didn't find out until after I had arranged a date with him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:43 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

just signed back on to OKC. so many profile views when you sign back up! i'll take the ego strokes where i can get them in the world of online dating!

i just want to say that i love reading about your experiences and i really admire all of your pursuits. i think you all do a great job enjoying what you can out of every experience. even the ones that aren't enjoyable seem great to laugh about (or eye roll over) later.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm 

Won't be going for a second date. Hee's snarky, not funny snarky, grumpy snarky. There were also a couple of remarks that made it seem that he has potential to be invasive and controlling... quizzing me about the amount of coffee dates I've been on, the amount of time I spend on the site and suggesting I just leave it and find a nice man to date (no guessing who he had in mind for that role).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:48 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Guys, this is soooooooo gay but after having a first date on Friday night and hanging out until noon the next day, we ended up at the same queer dance party on Saturday and she came over again and then we got brunch and we're hanging out tonight too.

Also she was an instructor at Rock n Roll Camp for Girls at the same time I was a camper. It's like my 15-year old fantasies are coming true.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

That's awesome and hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:00 am 
Huffs Nooch

Date #2 with movie girl.
Predictably, it was a lot of fun. She's really cool and easy to talk to and unabashedly weird and it's wonderful. We wandered through a fall festival and ended up talking in a coffeeshop and then chatting with some musicians who were stranded in town, and going to a poetry open mic and sitting close and holding hands, and it was great.
The only problem is that she lives just far enough away that it's a Potential Challenge, but still close enough that I can rationalize the distance because she's really fun. Drat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:42 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

strawberryrock wrote:
Guys, this is soooooooo gay but after having a first date on Friday night and hanging out until noon the next day, we ended up at the same queer dance party on Saturday and she came over again and then we got brunch and we're hanging out tonight too.

Also she was an instructor at Rock n Roll Camp for Girls at the same time I was a camper. It's like my 15-year old fantasies are coming true.

Soo gay and so awesome! Also super cute.

Ok, Boone Biologist is growing on me! Still not defining a relationship because I'm stubborn right now, well, we played a board game and I picked porcupine as my piece and she said i was guarded like a porcupine (she was a sassy squirrel).

Last edited by lycophyte on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 am 
Semen Strong

Shantylass wrote:
Date #2 with movie girl.
Predictably, it was a lot of fun. She's really cool and easy to talk to and unabashedly weird and it's wonderful. We wandered through a fall festival and ended up talking in a coffeeshop and then chatting with some musicians who were stranded in town, and going to a poetry open mic and sitting close and holding hands, and it was great.
The only problem is that she lives just far enough away that it's a Potential Challenge, but still close enough that I can rationalize the distance because she's really fun. Drat.

Is there an equivalent for First World Problems in the dating world? :) She sounds awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Okay, having a better conversation with another nice girl. I'm good at making friends, if nothing else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 241  Next