| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114 ... 1900  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:08 am 
WRETCHED

I only have a couple ex things but only because they are useful. I don't have any sentimental items.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

I throw shiitake away. If I had anything practical like clothing or a blender I'd keep it but I am not a romantic person and have no need for old letters or tissues or locks of hair. I've also had big moves every 6 years or so and I always purge the unessentials; when I get down to it, there isn't much that I really need to have with me. Thankfully memories and experiences take up no room in the car driving cross country.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I still have a few ex things, but not many. For the first few months after my worst breakup, it hurt too much to even think about throwing some things out--like, for instance, he did a bunch of cute drawings for me. I just let them sit in a box until it didn't hurt as much and I could get rid of them. There's no harm in hanging onto stuff until you can deal with it more easily.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:44 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Creepy! I was spotted by a ppker on another forum, but I don't know who it is. I think my bird avatar did me in.

This is going to drive me bonkers now unless she "out" herself.

I wasn't trying hide or set up an alternate identity or anything, but aargh! I wanna know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:51 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm not too much of a pack rat except for books (and I'm improving there), but somewhere, I still have a big teddy bear. It was the first time anyone had given me something like that (and last), so I couldn't bear to throw it out. I'm not sure how I'd feel if I found the box it is in. It was in a closet before I moved. It feels truly pathetic to not have tossed it when I moved.

Hrmph.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:58 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I used to save many little reminders of previous relationships, but having moved several times I ended up throwing away most. I still have a very small box with stuff like little notes from high school in my apartment in Italy, and the stuff from my last ex is still around here (like his toothbrush which I now use for cleaning the bathroom sink), but it has no emotional attachment.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:01 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lavawitch wrote:
Creepy! I was spotted by a ppker on another forum, but I don't know who it is. I think my bird avatar did me in.

This is going to drive me bonkers now unless she "out" herself.

I wasn't trying hide or set up an alternate identity or anything, but aargh! I wanna know.

Small internet world! I was sitting here wondering have we ever interacted in my bird forum days. It's about 4 years since I was last on them though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I never found a good bird forum. I am on a tepid yahoo email group for green cheeks.

I'm on a teaching forum, a Harley forum, and this new mystery forum. I mostly stay here and lurk the other places; I'm not really that into online chatter (really!).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:10 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

After fasting my gut all morning I had a falafel/pita from the market (wasn't very well cooked), then a vegan cookie the size of my head with cappuccino (just because I could) and I almost filled my kecks on the walk to the museum. I swear I was going gopher as I was walking up the steps, I really thought I wasn't going to make it to the bogs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lavawitch wrote:
I never found a good bird forum. I am on a tepid yahoo email group for green cheeks.

I'm on a teaching forum, a Harley forum, and this new mystery forum. I mostly stay here and lurk the other places; I'm not really that into online chatter (really!).

Bird forums are full of drama. I was completely clueless until I got dragged into a clique. I don't even know how I managed to get dragged in but I did. The queen of the clique was super controlling and would threaten to ban you if you posted on certain other forums. Then the clique staged a stand off and broke away from the crazy one and at this point I backed away quietly then ran like the wind.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The only thing I (knowingly) kept from an old relationship was the copy of The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack one guy gave me for my birthday because it would be stupid to throw that out. Otherwise, nothing else (afaik) from exes (though I don't really have many).

I'm having my third major allergy attack in 4 weeks. I always seem to have them on Sundays, which is shiitake because I end up miserable (but able to work) on Monday, and I get next to nothing done on the day I usually use to get shiitake done. I'm so sick of this. I can't even bear to make dinner - I'll probably have cereal and let Mike have leftover pasta (if he wants it). Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:56 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

The only thing I have from an ex is a sterling silver buddha ring my boyfriend when I was 15 gave me. He was this adorable crust-punk whose heart I broke. Other than that, nope. I've been with T. since I was 17, though, so that is probably why.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Chloe Coscarelli is my age. How on earth haven't I done more with my life?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:44 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

An ex gave me a coat and a hat for Christmas last year and I have them because I like them both. I have some random shiitake still around in drawers--photo booth pictures, birthday cards, drawings she did for me. I feel weird throwing them away, I don't know, but they're not in display or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

The only thing I kept from my ex is forking cold sores. crasshole.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

I have a pair of earrings an ex gave me and some other gifts from different exes. (t-shirts, a carved jewelry box). I would keep notes and stuff and maybe I have notes among my old diaries and journals but I don't know if they're still there, even. I do wear the earrings all the time still because it's nice to wear something that someone gave to me who cared about me but there's no big longing attachment to any of the stuff. The t-shirts I keep to wear running and they're very practical and keeping the jewelry box is practical. There's not a lot of sentiment for me left in any of it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:03 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Wallace22 wrote:
The only thing I kept from my ex is forking cold sores. crasshole.

This. And probably HPV. And a coffee maker.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think my only ex item is technically my fixed gear and no way I'm getting rid of that.

for some reason I never seem to have any items that remind me of or belonged to my exes around, unless we're still friends and then it's just items that remind me of my friends.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Man, I'm impressed you guys can part with stuff so easily. I have a box at my parents' place with stuff from exes like cards, beanie babies, and a few cheap bracelets. In my apartment I have some cards/notes and jewelry. I keep cards from pretty much everyone though, so maybe that is less weird? (including my PPK valentine cards!) I even still have my engagement ring from that failed endeavor...I love the ring for the aesthetic aspect, emotions aside. I wear a lot of ex jewelry still...why get rid of pretty things I can't replace?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:20 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I am a very practical person and so exes have only ever bought me practical things (which I appreciate!), so of course I keep them. I can think of a cast iron pan, a critical theory dictionary, some flannel sheets and some warm tights I have. None of those are things I want to get rid of!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yeah, I think I'm going to go through it all and pare it down. I don't think I'll get rid of the art though. Even though if I were to display any of it it would be weird. I'd rather give some of it to a stranger though than throw it away, some of it is quite good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 am 
Nailed to the V

Fizzgig wrote:
I have a box at my parents' place with stuff from exes like cards, beanie babies, and a few cheap bracelets. In my apartment I have some cards/notes and jewelry. I keep cards from pretty much everyone though, so maybe that is less weird? (including my PPK valentine cards!) I even still have my engagement ring from that failed endeavor...I love the ring for the aesthetic aspect, emotions aside. I wear a lot of ex jewelry still...why get rid of pretty things I can't replace?

Same: jewellery and postcard in my parents attic (I'm an IKEEPEVERYTHING person)

The only thing I was feeling unconfortable with was my camera -given by brutal-ex - because I couldn't live without it and needed it as a mean of expression as if it had been part of me (it is like, as if your voice belonged to an ex or something?) After several years I just got used to it, though... But when I was stolen my camera I must admit that something like "I'm finally rid of the last of his stuff" occured to my mind...

Regarding all the other stuff, I must say I'm happy I have kept them. I recently happened to find old cards and letters dated 15 years ago and reading all those sweet words really cheered me up to a level that I would not have expected (from guys I'm now in ok-good terms with, after all)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:02 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Oh, I didn't even count the practical / valuable stuff. I wear the earrings one of my ex gave me for Christmas, because they are so pretty and practical. They are precisely the earring I need and like, no way I'd give them away. What I eventually throw out are the small sentimental things like beer mats from going to a pub together and so on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:27 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

starrynight87 wrote:
Chloe Coscarelli is my age. How on earth haven't I done more with my life?

haha! I saw her birthday post on Facebook last night and said the same thing to my husband. I think we're probably like most mid-20s though, and she's just crazy awesome or something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:41 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Where are kids manners these days?! One little kid holding a sponsorship card just walked across my front yard right in front of my living room window and stared in. Then he knocked on my front door so I didn't answer because so many kids have knocked on the door today looking for money and this one irked me with the staring in my window. So my reaction was completely justified by the little runt coming back to my window within 2 seconds of knocking on the door then started knocking on my window and waving at me.

Needless to say I didn't answer the door.

I don't get why parents would leave their kids go out on their own knocking on complete and utter strangers doors looking for money when there was an attempted abduction only 2 weeks ago a few short miles away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114 ... 1900  Next