| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am 
WELFARIST!

^Thank you!! <3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:23 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Recently there was this picture posted on a Facebook page for my University's newspaper that showed a part of campus after a football game. The campus is notoriously FILTHY the day after a home game. Seriously disgusting. And this picture showed it. Typically what happens is inmates from the local parish prison come to clean it the next day and by the end of the day it looks brand new and no one is any the wiser that it was disgusting by Monday. People actually got angry that other people pointed out that we're all adults here, bring a freakin trash bag to your tailgate and throw away your own garbage. Just because someone cleans it up on Sunday doesn't mean you have a right to throw your trash on the ground on Saturday.

Sometimes I seriously do not understand the entitlement around me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 pm 
Impressive boner

I think the skirt for my Halloween costume is going to be too floofy. Maybe I can remove a section to make it less meringue like.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:45 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Fee wrote:
Recently there was this picture posted on a Facebook page for my University's newspaper that showed a part of campus after a football game. The campus is notoriously FILTHY the day after a home game. Seriously disgusting. And this picture showed it. Typically what happens is inmates from the local parish prison come to clean it the next day and by the end of the day it looks brand new and no one is any the wiser that it was disgusting by Monday. People actually got angry that other people pointed out that we're all adults here, bring a freakin trash bag to your tailgate and throw away your own garbage. Just because someone cleans it up on Sunday doesn't mean you have a right to throw your trash on the ground on Saturday.

Sometimes I seriously do not understand the entitlement around me.

This kind of thing makes me so mad.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Fee, that sucks. I hate it when people don't clean up after themselves and think it's ok.

So apparently, no one wants to fix bikes today. Oh so lonesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I've had this part time job at my school for a month and I'm still not in the system in HR, so I can't log my hours or get paid. I think if I can't get things straightened out this week, I have to tell them I can't work anymore, which sucks because that means I can't get paid anymore, but I feel like I'm being taken advantage of because I used to volunteer for stuff all the time while I was in school. But, guess what? I'm not in school anymore, so I need to get paid. I owe like $100,000 to this school. the least they could do is pay me $15/hour for <15 hours a week. /rant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm SO RELIEVED Obama's doing better in this debate. I was worried.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 pm 
Dead by dawn

I get to keep my coach! And she wants me to do lots of strength training in the off-season, so maybe soon I will be badass enough to do a million pull ups! It's all falling into place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I fell asleep after work and missed birdie bedtime (10:30). I came up about an hour ago, took Moll out for her snuggles (she hears me and starts calling), then refused to go back into her sleeping fleece. Weird--she loves going to bed and being cozy for the night.

She was on my shoulder, but just tried to walk across my chest and she managed to roll down my chest and land on ner back in my bowl of enchilada sauce (Amy's meal in a bowl). I wish Id been mean enough to take photos.

So, now she just had an ice cold bath (she only tolerates icy water). I definitely can't put her back to bed now until she dries off.

Crazy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Molly on her back in enchilada sauce sounds adorable!

This is the second night in a row my cat has thrown up her dinner. She's not prone to puking--she normally has a strong stomach, doesn't even get hairballs (despite being massively fluffy). I normally get one kind of food, but this time I bought a slightly nicer/fancier kind. However, the last two nights have been her first two nights of the nicer food (which I've given her before, to no ill effects) and she has thrown up her meal both nights. She's been otherwise totally normal and seems perfectly content once the food comes up, and eventually goes and eats some dry crunchies. (I give her crunchies in the morning and canned food at night.)

I'm trying to decide if it's this can of food (I give a partial can because they're huge and she doesn't even finish a partial can in one night) or if it's the change of diet, or if I should be worried. I feel like it must have something to do with the new food, because she was FINE before when it was the same old food.

I feel like nicer food shouldn't be making her sick, though. I don't get it, and I'm both worried and frustrated (it's been a rough week, so cleaning up cat puke has been the icing on the cake, really).

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ladyfriend broke up with me today via text while I was 2hrs away in boston because I was consistently choosing the studio over her and I just...
If that's really why I don't care.
fork, I will always choose art over everyone, that is my life, I am very clear about that from day 1 with friends as well as lovers.
It's not like we'd been properly dating for long at all (not even full 2 months), so I guess it's good this was soon.
this is the first time I've ever been broken up with?
I'm kind of glad this was the situation that broke my streak of dumping folks.

it was super weird, I was getting all these texts about the earthquake and then in the middle there was this 3-parter from her about me choosing work over her and like, OF COURSE. I'm working 50hrs/week, going to school full time, making several bodies of work a month, and I was honestly trying pretty hard to make time for her, I was seeing her in person for proper hangouts and makeouts twice a week which is more often than I answer some texts even.

I'm pretty okay with this.
but also annoyed at the reasoning.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:49 am 
Discovered unobtainium

An allergy to something in it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:29 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I have this annoying cough, and every time I cough my roomie goes "WHAT?!" because she thinks I'm laughing at her. It's a weird sounding cough.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:45 am 
Nailed to the V

booberthefraggle wrote:
ladyfriend broke up with me today via text while I was 2hrs away in boston because I was consistently choosing the studio over her and I just...
fork, I will always choose art over everyone, that is my life, I am very clear about that from day 1 with friends as well as lovers.
It's not like we'd been properly dating for long at all (not even full 2 months), so I guess it's good this was soon.

it was super weird, I was getting all these texts about the earthquake and then in the middle there was this 3-parter from her about me choosing work over her and like, OF COURSE. I'm working 50hrs/week, going to school full time, making several bodies of work a month, and I was honestly trying pretty hard to make time for her, I was seeing her in person for proper hangouts and makeouts twice a week which is more often than I answer some texts even.

pfff that's sad.
Maybe it's not that she disagrees with your choices, but rather that she just needs more time/attention -so she admits that she can't be happy/satisfied with a work/ art-oholic? I mean, like, maybe you both have needs and they are not compatible?
I feel sorry to read that anyway

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:01 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

booberthefraggle wrote:

Twice a week! Twice a week is a lot of times! Everyone who knows you knows that your art stuff comes first, and anyone who deserves to spend time with you ever would respect that. fork that shiitake dude, you deserve so much better. Also, breaking up with someone by text message is super uncool. What the hell.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Text message breakups are bullshiitake! And twice a week seems like a totally reasonable amount of hang-out time to me.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:52 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My fiance and I only hang out about once a week, and we live together. And it's fine. Sorry boober, but meh, you'll find someone more understanding soon enough!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:10 am 
WRETCHED

Boober, you are two adorable to worry about someone who doesn't understand that you have other things going on in your life. Twice a week is a lot and I don't think I've ever gone out with someone more than that when dating.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:14 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

twice a week would not be enough for me :[ I've broken off with someone over the kind of thing before.. it's more just an incompatibility. still though, it's a shame

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:24 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

choirqueer wrote:
Also, breaking up with someone by text message is super uncool. What the hell.

This so much. That's just a sucky thing to do. Sorry that happened to you, Boober, even though it sounds like this really wasn't the right person for you. You deserve someone who's a lot more understanding of your life and priorities.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:07 am 
Semen Strong

I am sorry you're hurting and annoyed, boober. That said, I think it makes sense for someone who isn't getting her needs met to break up with someone.

One of my friends is an amazing sculptor, and his relationship with his wife (who is a writer) only works because she knows that his studio time is the most important thing to him. He wakes up in the middle of the night and goes to the studio (across town), he has gotten up out of dinners and birthday parties (for him) and gone to the studio. Every summer she travels for 3 months and writes and he has uninterrupted studio time. They have a great marriage, but only because neither is forcing the other to meet needs, they're both artists and need space to create. They also won't have kids, because neither wants to give that space to a kid. Neither of them would be good in a relationship with someone who wanted a more conventional relationship. But that doesn't make them wrong or the people who have broken up with them wrong.

And yes, text isn't the best, but if you can't get a hold of someone what are you supposed to do? Especially after under 2 months of dating. A friend of mine made her boyfriend, who wanted to break up with her, fly to Paris to break up with her in person, and it was the worst trip ever. But they ended up getting back together and have been married for 15 years now.

I hope you meet someone who can have a relationship with you that allows you space for your creativity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Tofulish wrote:
And yes, text isn't the best, but if you can't get a hold of someone what are you supposed to do?

Pick up the phone and call? Wait till she gets back from her trip? I know what boober's schedule is like...she can't possibly be away on this trip for more than a couple days tops.

I agree that breaking up is the right thing to do when you're not getting your needs met, but the way this person did it just seems like an awfully rude way to do it, especially since she knew from the beginning that this was how it was going to be.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 am 
Semen Strong

I did say it isn't the best. I don't know Boober's schedule, but when I've been ready to break up with someone, I've just wanted it to be done and not be forced to wait, especially if the reason I was breaking up with the person is because they never had time for me.

choirqueer wrote:
especially since she knew from the beginning that this was how it was going to be.

You can get into a relationship and find out that you don't like it, even if you thought you would be okay with it. Or you could have gotten into something thinking it might change and then seeing it wouldn't. I don't think that "she should have known" is a fair response.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

27 hours left of the most toxic thing I have ever dealt with. Spread out over two weeks. And then a big thing the following Monday.
But 27 hours. That is just over a day. Just 1620 minutes.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116 ... 1851  Next