| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 306  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:10 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

missmuffcake wrote:
jessilikewhoa wrote:
Like the woman who owns the company? Did they post something on facebook?

Zoya is following Romney on twitter....not Obama...

Whichever fairy friended him could have done it as a joke or to read ridiculous posts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I miss this thread, life is too busy right now :/ I have painted me nails a couple of times, but nothing too exciting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Same here, I just took off my polish and I had had it on for a week and a half, it was chipped and peeling and I never let that happen. Our lamp broke so it's too dark in the room I usually do my nails in, and I've been really busy obsessing over other stuff. Blerg.

I did get my Zoya set today with the gold flake polish, but the black polish was open and leaking, which is dumb, and angers me. I wish they would ship more secure, this is the 3rd time I've gotten a leaky bottle from them, one was broke and two just didn't have the caps on tight enough.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:01 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah... I'm living alone right now and have to do ALL THE THINGS (I usually painted my nails while my bf was cooking! haha). I don't seem to have the time to let my nails dry. Well, I guess I have time later in the evening but the next morning I'll just wake up with sheet marks all over my nails.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 am 
Ninja Master

My gelicure is still going strong and chip-free, except for my one nail that I fibreglassed 4 weeks or so ago, that one came off yesterday but the split has grown out now so I can finally leave the fibreglass off! I have 2 weeks of regrowth now so I need to take it off and paint them again before the weekend.

I'm going to a barn dance on Saturday, and I have no idea what to do with my nails. It's only for a week anyway because it's coming off next weekend to make way for halloween nails.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I've almost posted several times, but I always delete it. I've been using the OPI at the salon. I read a lot of opinions for and against OPI, and I decided that I think it's a good sign that they recommitted with PETA after being bought by Coty.

I still feel guilty about it though, which makes me wonder why I'm using it. Is it OK for me to post it in here? I'm wearing Wooden Shoe Like to Know right now.

Image (Not my pic.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hell yeah post in here. Everyone approaches this stuff differently. Of course, that's all just my opinion, and I'm not the boss of the thread.

That color is awesome. Like very very awesome. I need to find a dupe.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I am the boss of this thread (or i'm a mod, whatevs) and you can totes post about OPI. I don't wear it, but I know more than a few vegans who do. If anyone posted about Sally Hansen, then i'd start frothing at the mouth and screaming "NV, NV!!!!!!!!!!!!"*

*minus the frothing and screaming, with more politeness.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

No need to feel guilty for posting, ndpittman!

Re: OPI, the info is out there and everyone can make the decision for themselves if they're comfortable using it or not. I don't think anyone in this thread will kick you out for saying you use it, though. And that color is gorgeous. Is it new? I don't recall ever seeing anything like it at the store.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am 

Thanks, mbm and jessilikewhoa! That's a relief. I'm not buying the polish, but I haven't been taking it along when I get my nails done either, so I've been using what's at the salon. My favorite colors right now are the one posted about, Tickle My France-y, and Every Month is Oktoberfest. The Skyfall collection has some great colors, too. My next manicure might be Deborah Lippmann Lady is a Tramp.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That's a really pretty color! And I wouldn't feel guilty at all about using the salon's OPI! I don't buy it but I wouldn't mind using it elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 am 
Ninja Master

Jeez, that glitter took me about an hour to get off, it was a nightmare!

This is Rad Raspberry Gelicure with White polka dots and purple flower bling finger. My new favourite colour, I wish the camera showed how lovely it really is.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:35 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Julep Emma & Lindsay - splatter nails!

http://instagram.com/p/Q--HCNLyV8/?fb_source

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

ndpittman wrote:
I've almost posted several times, but I always delete it. I've been using the OPI at the salon. I read a lot of opinions for and against OPI, and I decided that I think it's a good sign that they recommitted with PETA after being bought by Coty.

I still feel guilty about it though, which makes me wonder why I'm using it. Is it OK for me to post it in here? I'm wearing Wooden Shoe Like to Know right now.

This is kind of why I haven't been posting in here. With the whole not-testing-now-testing thing, I'm insanely confused as to who is testing and where they're testing, etc. Sinful Colors is what I've been using and didn't want to post because I don't know how people feel about them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:32 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Not having worn it in a long time I put on my favourite WnW Blue Moon today. Man does the brush suck. I always make a big mess trying to apply it. Other than that the wear isn't great (but everything seems to chip immediately on me) and the brand seems to have been pulled off the Swedish market, which means I'm looking for a replacement (I'm almost at the end of my bottle). Any suggestions? I really do love the colour. It's a clear deep blue with teal microshimmer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:40 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I did something super brave that I never would have done in the past (wish me luck with this thing), and I was really productive today, so I treated myself to four of Illamasqua's bright, limited edition rubber finish polishes (the red, blue, purple, and pink ones). Sephora had them on sale!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm 

Good luck!!

My nails are bare, because I've been doing a lot of cleaning at home. If I can get everything where I want it to be, I'm taking myself out for a manicure/pedicure on Friday. I still have a lot to do first though. Unless someone wants to just call Hoarders on me, and they can get rid of my junk?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

TARGET HAS ELF POLISHES!

They have this super cute 15 bottle box with mini polishes in it with lovely colors for $15

I have picked up two now, and tonight I saw another group of I think it was 10 mini bottles for 10 with all different colors...

May have to get moarrrrrrrrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Fupa - that looks cool, how'd you do the index finger?

baps wrote:
This is Rad Raspberry Gelicure ... My new favourite colour, I wish the camera showed how lovely it really is.

Oh I love it, raspberry is the best colour.

Mr. Shankly wrote:
This is kind of why I haven't been posting in here. With the whole not-testing-now-testing thing, I'm insanely confused as to who is testing and where they're testing, etc. Sinful Colors is what I've been using and didn't want to post because I don't know how people feel about them.

I guess it's similar to O.P.I? Or has it been confirmed they now test? Or is just Revlon? If you own them already, definitely post pics of them and if not, Jessi will know ;)

And I'm about to post some Sinful Colors that I got a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't going to buy them but they were featured on a new website for $1 each and I googled the collection and it's been around for years so I figured this was super old stock. I didn't need them as I recently got another bunch of neons but the urge hit me and I had to buy 'em

Sinful Colors Summer Peach, Neon Melon, Irish Green, Dream On, Cream Pink and Fusion Neon

Sinful Colors Cream Pink (medium pink with a slight shimmer) + a coat of Nubar Sugar on top

This is L.A Girl Brites Kryptonite - 2 coats

Nail It! Star Bright (white with a gold shimmer) and Belle Vista (pretty sky-blue with a glittery shimmer) - on spesh, 2 for $10!

Nail It! Belle Vista - 2 coats

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:31 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I actually don't know anything on Sinful and the Revlon entrance into China, I'm inclined to believe that Sinful is probably not being sold in China, because it's so cheap and doesn't have strong brand recognition, so there doesn't seem to be much fiscal incentive to enter the brand into the Chinese market, as I'm sure they have their own discount nail polish brands, but that's just speculation. I personally just for me, not judging anyone who does otherwise, try to avoid buying from brands with parent companies who test (my exceptions being Tom's toothpaste and this one Burt's Bees astringent) so I haven't bothered to research. Sorry :(

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i glued googlie eyes on

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm 

Kitteh, that blue is amazing. Actually I like all of the polishes you posted and want all of the SC, but that blue really is striking to me. Is Nail It an Aussie company?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

gaia13 wrote:
Kitteh, that blue is amazing. Actually I like all of the polishes you posted and want all of the SC, but that blue really is striking to me. Is Nail It an Aussie company?

It's a brand belonging to a clothing store, Sportsgirl. If you want me to send you over a bottle, just let me know - it is the most perfect blue :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:16 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
gaia13 wrote:

It's a brand belonging to a clothing store, Sportsgirl. If you want me to send you over a bottle, just let me know - it is the most perfect blue :)

I just may take you up on that offer. Let me google around a bit and see what other colors they have available or if I want 2 of the blue. Any polishes(or anything, really) from over here that you've been jonesing for? Can't remember what I sent last time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 306  Next