| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46796 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118 ... 1872  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:24 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

monkeytoes wrote:
The very last thing on earth that I want is for biker boy to break up with me, but if it has to happen, it better happen by coconut phone. 'Cause I at least want a good story out of it.

If he does, I'll ask you on a date by bean can phone <3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My dad's family always has a joint birthday party for him and my little cousin in October. It's always at a restaurant, and usually at some kind of gross steakhouse. My little cousin is now a vegetarian and my mom is a vegetarian and I'm a vegan, so you'd think they could pick a place that had stuff we could eat, especially since the party is half for my cousin. My dad was on the phone with his relatives and they were discussing some totally non-veg friendly place and someone said "what about the vegetarians?" and they said "well maybe they can just eat [something made of cheese]." My dad said "Beth is a vegan" and they said "So?" and my dad told them that vegans don't eat cheese and they were shocked (I have been vegan for 8 years now, people! How have you not figured this out yet?) and then they just didn't really care... they probably will say I can just have a salad. I kind of hoped that since 3 people out of the 7 or 8 who will be attending are veg, that we could possibly go to a restaurant with good veg options. But I guess not!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

It is never a good thing when a coworker comes up an hour before quits and asks, "What are you doing for the next 24 hours?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:30 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

kimba wrote:
that is very strange! was it a get back together song? or did he not say?

i asked him what song he'd had in mind, but he wouldn't tell me. there's no way it was a get-back-together song, though. if there's an "i'm about to start sleeping with both my roommate and your roommate and then ask you to look after my dog for me while i drive cross-country" song, it might have been that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:32 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

acr wrote:
kimba wrote:
that is very strange! was it a get back together song? or did he not say?

i asked him what song he'd had in mind, but he wouldn't tell me. there's no way it was a get-back-together song, though. if there's an "i'm about to start sleeping with both my roommate and your roommate and then ask you to look after my dog for me while i drive cross-country" song, it might have been that.

That sounds like a great theme for a song. I can hear Jens Lekman having a go at that in my mind's ear.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Argh, so now my dad's family has solved the dilemma of where to eat for my dad's birthday by saying we'll eat at my grandfather's house and they'll make lasagne. At least at a crappy restaurant I probably could have gotten some fries or a plain baked potato to go with my salad. Now I have zero options... maybe I'll just show up with my own meal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 pm 
Dead by dawn

fezza wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
The very last thing on earth that I want is for biker boy to break up with me, but if it has to happen, it better happen by coconut phone. 'Cause I at least want a good story out of it.

If he does, I'll ask you on a date by bean can phone <3

I'll be waiting nervously by the pantry for your call.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

monkeytoes wrote:
The very last thing on earth that I want is for biker boy to break up with me, but if it has to happen, it better happen by coconut butt dial.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:38 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

torque wrote:
I am sad to say that I instructed my aunt to throw it away, just on the off chance that my crazy ex is still doing shiitake like that.
He was/is a very disturbed person with too much time, intelligence and ego on his hands. Seriously, he thought he was Muad´Dib from Dune. I'm well rid of him but I don't hold it against him- not that I'd trust him with anything at all, though.
<is it time to erase my FB account?>

maybe i've just found my NaNoWriMo plot.

Unless you have mutual friends, the crazy ex probably won't be able to find you on FB. You can turn off public search, and change privacy settings so only friends can search for you by name or email.

I'd be curious about what was in the envelope, but it's just as well your aunt threw it away. The guy sounds a bit dangerous.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:42 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

choirqueer, several months ago, wrote:
I just got invited to record an a cappella track for a TV commercial with some folks from my group.

The recording studio time is scheduled for Thursday evening. I have class Thursday afternoon, and I'm leaving early Friday morning on a road trip, and I may also have a friend staying over Thursday night so we can leave as early as possible Friday morning.

Whatever. I'm totally going to find a way to do this :D

Hey! Remember how I got to sing on the a cappella track for a commercial? It's actually not a TV commercial but it's on YouTube and HERE IT IS.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:27 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

bunniee wrote:
I'd be curious about what was in the envelope, but it's just as well your aunt threw it away. The guy sounds a bit dangerous.

I am also dying of curiosity, but I also don't want any casualties. It's been 12? 15? years since all this happened but I know from other sources that although he just got married a few months ago, it was the first relationship he had since then (and that his new wife looks an awful lot like me, which i suppose doesn't mean shiitake). He was unstable and dangerous, although according to a press clip which the source also shared he is also "the most promising young [professional category] in America" so perhaps he's gotten his shiitake under control. I hope he did for his sake, it can't be fun to lead such a troubled life.

So my mother emails and says "if it's a gift certificate I want it, if it's an explosive it won't be much of a loss". The aunt in question is her sister in law and she's been a right awful bisque lately. However, she sort of takes care of my grandmother so i can't risk losing her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Why is it that one of my housemates always slams the front door upon entering and leaving the house? And always slams everything, in fact? I just don't understand. It's not because they're angry, I think they're just careless. I'm probably completely oversensitive, but a little bit of me cringes and curls up into a foetal ball crying every time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:36 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Gunk, in Brazil when someone slams something (usually a car door) the normal response is to get all fake-aggressive and say "Wha? Don't you have a refrigerator at home?" which made me laugh til my stomach hurt the first time I heard someone say it. Maybe that image will make it just a little funnier instead of disturbing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 pm 

I just really want two healthy cats at one time. Like it's nice that every single staff person at my vet knows me because they see me every week but I'm over it. I'm sick of being constantly anxious about my cats' health problems. After losing Effie at 9 months, I feel like I deserve that, you know?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

strawberryrock wrote:
I just really want two healthy cats at one time. Like it's nice that every single staff person at my vet knows me because they see me every week but I'm over it. I'm sick of being constantly anxious about my cats' health problems. After losing Effie at 9 months, I feel like I deserve that, you know?

You do deserve that! I wish all the best for your cats. The vet keeps calling me about Puddy because she had unexplained health problems that just seemed to disappear, but they make me feel so anxious about her and like maybe I'm not being vigilant enough with her. It's stressful. They are also running a business though, so I feel a bit weird about all those phone calls guilting me into bring my probably just-fine cat to the vet. For $1000.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:59 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

torque wrote:
Gunk, in Brazil when someone slams something (usually a car door) the normal response is to get all fake-aggressive and say "Wha? Don't you have a refrigerator at home?" which made me laugh til my stomach hurt the first time I heard someone say it. Maybe that image will make it just a little funnier instead of disturbing.

Haha! I'll try to remember that one next time. I think I need to have a response that isn't "scared/upset" or whatever, especially because I know this housemate isn't actually angry when they do these things - try to retrain myself to feel differently about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:03 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I need to reassess where I keep my agave nectar because I ended up with olive oil over my pancakes this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:37 am 

daisychain wrote:
I need to reassess where I keep my agave nectar because I ended up with olive oil over my pancakes this morning.

I so need cheering up today and that did the trick. Sorry for your pancakes though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 am 

daisychain wrote:

Oh nooo!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I made my last debt payment yesterday....I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 am 
Nailed to the V

daisychain wrote:

oh... this sound like something I'd actually eat though? (Have you tried with some anis and sugar on top?)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 am 
Ninja Master

FabulouslyFierce wrote:

YAY congrats. It's an awesome feeling isn't it!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:30 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

baps wrote:
FabulouslyFierce wrote:

I dream of that day! Congratulations!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

ndpittman wrote:
baps wrote:
FabulouslyFierce wrote:

I dream of that day! Congratulations!!

Thank you! It's been a long 10 years, damn it feels good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Emilie wrote:
daisychain wrote:

oh... this sound like something I'd actually eat though? (Have you tried with some anis and sugar on top?)

It actually wasn't awful. Just greasy. I've had sugar on pancakes a lot. Never anis though.

Efcliz wrote:
daisychain wrote:

I so need cheering up today and that did the trick. Sorry for your pancakes though.

That's good x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46796 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118 ... 1872  Next