| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:26 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Can I substitute a few bowls of speculoos paste for candy tonight? (Or is that cheating?)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 am 
rowdily playing checkers

It's probably ok. The Candy Diet isn't about purity--as long as you're making a sincere effort to eat nothing but sweets, you're doing it right. Nobody bring up honey, please.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:07 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I hate to break it to you candy dieters, but the candy diet is not well rounded and may lead to deficiencies. You must consume a variety of cookies, cakes, pies, puddings, and ice creams in addition to candy to ensure that you are fulfilling your USDA of sweet, creamy, crunchy, crumbly, gooey, and decedent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:14 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

mumbles wrote:
It's probably ok. The Candy Diet isn't about purity--as long as you're making a sincere effort to eat nothing but sweets, you're doing it right. Nobody bring up honey, please.

What if the sweets aren't made with corn syrup, sugar, or white flour? I made no-bake cookies with wholesome ingredients like oats, almond butter, cocoa, and agave nectar. They are delicious.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm 
And you never will.

bunniee wrote:
mumbles wrote:

What if the sweets aren't made with corn syrup, sugar, or white flour? I made no-bake cookies with wholesome ingredients like oats, almond butter, cocoa, and agave nectar. They are delicious.

No, I'm sorry, but those pseudo 'foods' are not acceptable substitutes for real candy and should be eaten in moderation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 am 
Not NOT A Furry

i was on the candy diet for over 5 years. now i feel it no longer supports the nutrition balance i need. now, like most normal people, i've learned to accept the easy mac diet. why had i abandoned this natural way of eating for so many years?? on the candy diet, my hair was falling out, i felt so lethargic that i forgot how to use words like "lethargic." the candy diet made slow and smell like garlic. now i feel the need to preach to the world (and troll forums) about the atrocities of the candy diet and, conversely, the outstanding benefits of eating like the rest of the easy mac dieters. but please, don't trust these words; read and view the wonderful of truth on my blog!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:10 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

My friend ate candy all the time, and when she hit puberty, she grew boobs. It can't be a coincidence.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

chouettes crêpes wrote:
i was on the candy diet for over 5 years. now i feel it no longer supports the nutrition balance i need. now, like most normal people, i've learned to accept the easy mac diet. why had i abandoned this natural way of eating for so many years?? on the candy diet, my hair was falling out, i felt so lethargic that i forgot how to use words like "lethargic." the candy diet made slow and smell like garlic. now i feel the need to preach to the world (and troll forums) about the atrocities of the candy diet and, conversely, the outstanding benefits of eating like the rest of the easy mac dieters. but please, don't trust these words; read and view the wonderful of truth on my blog!

omg I LOVE YOUR BLOG. I am now considering the easy mac diet. Life-changing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
I hate to break it to you candy dieters, but the candy diet is not well rounded and may lead to deficiencies. You must consume a variety of cookies, cakes, pies, puddings, and ice creams in addition to candy to ensure that you are fulfilling your USDA of sweet, creamy, crunchy, crumbly, gooey, and decedent.

Yes. Variety, people, its the key to everything.

I do occasionally drift to the potato chip diet, though. I just feel like I need some extra salt to counteract all the sugar. Am I undoing all of the good I've done to my body with candy when I eat chips?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:
I want to listen to my body but sometimes I think I need chocolate skittles when really I needed rainbow skittles. How do you know? Like really really know?

Also, I've never seen chocolate skittles. Is this real or just some candyland fantasy? Google pulled up pictures of a package but the skittles product website had nothing. I MUST know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

bekki wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
I want to listen to my body but sometimes I think I need chocolate skittles when really I needed rainbow skittles. How do you know? Like really really know?

Also, I've never seen chocolate skittles. Is this real or just some candyland fantasy? Google pulled up pictures of a package but the skittles product website had nothing. I MUST know.

Chocolate Skittles were real, horribly real. I think they were discontinued, which is a good thing because they were just awful.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/chocolate-s ... led-jesus/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

chouettes crêpes wrote:

Wish I could see this, but the blog link doesn't work for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 am 
Dead by dawn

poopiebitch wrote:
bunniee wrote:
mumbles wrote:

No, I'm sorry, but those pseudo 'foods' are not acceptable substitutes for real candy and should be eaten in moderation.

I for one believe that unprocessed foods should be avoided entirely. I mean, think about it. They're unprocessed and therefore not made of chemicals. Is that really something you want to put in your body? Stick to candy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Are you kidding? Whole candy is the way to go. I can't believe some candy dieters eat oreo crumbs and chocolate chunks. Stick to WHOLE cookies and chocolate bars.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

obviously most candy is good for you, but if you are eating candy that contains oil you might as well be eating a giant bowl of sauteed vegetables! stay away from skittles, twizzlers, bonkers, and other sweet things that are actually full of oily poison, unless you don't really care about being healthy at all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

acr wrote:
just in time for halloween! sorry, kids, i know you were hoping to score some good stuff this year, but i'm going to have to give you these weetabix and kale chips i've purged from my pantry. i mean, my health is on the line here.

But the children! Are you saying you don't care about their health?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

acr wrote:
obviously most candy is good for you, but if you are eating candy that contains oil you might as well be eating a giant bowl of sauteed vegetables! stay away from skittles, twizzlers, bonkers, and other sweet things that are actually full of oily poison, unless you don't really care about being healthy at all.

Thanks for the advice! i'll switch to Dots and Red Vines twists, they are fat free and full of energy from sugar and colorful dyes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

starrynight87 wrote:
acr wrote:
just in time for halloween! sorry, kids, i know you were hoping to score some good stuff this year, but i'm going to have to give you these weetabix and kale chips i've purged from my pantry. i mean, my health is on the line here.

But the children! Are you saying you don't care about their health?

Oh, they're probably a lost cause already. Their parents might be feeding them Cheerios for breakfast, for all we know. Imagine!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I heard that eating vegetables and a wide variety of foods can cause young boys to become feminine in some ways. I start my boy out with a basket of Butter Fingers each morning and let him wash it down with Wild Cherry Pepsi. I hope I can counteract all of those times his grandmother made him have apple slices. I hope he still likes girls when he's older -- it's very important.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:24 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

vijita wrote:
I know this is a stretch for you Candy Dieters, but every time I buy a bag of chips, I buy a second to keep in my car for emergencies.

5oz or 9oz bag? Also, buy double and invite me over.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:24 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Mars wrote:
vijita wrote:
I know this is a stretch for you Candy Dieters, but every time I buy a bag of chips, I buy a second to keep in my car for emergencies.

Some say that the humble chip diet isn't sustainable long-term, because you will be lacking in ethanol. But this is easily obtained from fermented potatoes, a completely natural byproduct of chip manufacture. As long as you supplement adequately this is a perfectly healthy diet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I feel like there are plenty of places to discuss other false diets. Safe space for candy dieters, please.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am 

acr wrote:

Pure gold.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 am 

vegimator wrote:
Are you kidding? Whole candy is the way to go. I can't believe some candy dieters eat oreo crumbs and chocolate chunks. Stick to WHOLE cookies and chocolate bars.

Spoken true.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:45 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Mars wrote:
vijita wrote:

200 grams! Like there is any other way to do it. Come over and we'll also eat some candy to appease Isa. But mostly chips.