| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:26 am 
Online
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: zomgz dijk
Can I substitute a few bowls of speculoos paste for candy tonight? (Or is that cheating?)

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 am 
Offline
rowdily playing checkers
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 3001
It's probably ok. The Candy Diet isn't about purity--as long as you're making a sincere effort to eat nothing but sweets, you're doing it right. Nobody bring up honey, please.

_________________
"Tits are inconsequential, but someone pass me that kitten" ~ papayapaprikás


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:07 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 6002
I hate to break it to you candy dieters, but the candy diet is not well rounded and may lead to deficiencies. You must consume a variety of cookies, cakes, pies, puddings, and ice creams in addition to candy to ensure that you are fulfilling your USDA of sweet, creamy, crunchy, crumbly, gooey, and decedent.

_________________
"I'm no elephant, but now I want molasses." -Moon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:14 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Posts: 1435
mumbles wrote:
It's probably ok. The Candy Diet isn't about purity--as long as you're making a sincere effort to eat nothing but sweets, you're doing it right. Nobody bring up honey, please.


What if the sweets aren't made with corn syrup, sugar, or white flour? I made no-bake cookies with wholesome ingredients like oats, almond butter, cocoa, and agave nectar. They are delicious.

_________________
Again, you are all brilliant and sexy. And I am lavender-laden and secure in my masculinity. - Sir Brancis Facon

bird noises | book of faces


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm 
Offline
And you never will.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 4410
Location: Memphis
bunniee wrote:
mumbles wrote:
It's probably ok. The Candy Diet isn't about purity--as long as you're making a sincere effort to eat nothing but sweets, you're doing it right. Nobody bring up honey, please.


What if the sweets aren't made with corn syrup, sugar, or white flour? I made no-bake cookies with wholesome ingredients like oats, almond butter, cocoa, and agave nectar. They are delicious.

No, I'm sorry, but those pseudo 'foods' are not acceptable substitutes for real candy and should be eaten in moderation.

_________________
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars
One vegan baker to another: "Dude, do you even sift?" - FootFace


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 am 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:19 pm
Posts: 524
Location: TN
i was on the candy diet for over 5 years. now i feel it no longer supports the nutrition balance i need. now, like most normal people, i've learned to accept the easy mac diet. why had i abandoned this natural way of eating for so many years?? on the candy diet, my hair was falling out, i felt so lethargic that i forgot how to use words like "lethargic." the candy diet made slow and smell like garlic. now i feel the need to preach to the world (and troll forums) about the atrocities of the candy diet and, conversely, the outstanding benefits of eating like the rest of the easy mac dieters. but please, don't trust these words; read and view the wonderful of truth on my blog!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:10 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 1479
Location: In the land of Druids and Moonrakers
My friend ate candy all the time, and when she hit puberty, she grew boobs. It can't be a coincidence.

_________________
Cake is always the appropriate intervention. - choirqueer
We are here to discuss the gender politics of cats, not your mommy issues. - Expired Sanity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10327
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
chouettes crêpes wrote:
i was on the candy diet for over 5 years. now i feel it no longer supports the nutrition balance i need. now, like most normal people, i've learned to accept the easy mac diet. why had i abandoned this natural way of eating for so many years?? on the candy diet, my hair was falling out, i felt so lethargic that i forgot how to use words like "lethargic." the candy diet made slow and smell like garlic. now i feel the need to preach to the world (and troll forums) about the atrocities of the candy diet and, conversely, the outstanding benefits of eating like the rest of the easy mac dieters. but please, don't trust these words; read and view the wonderful of truth on my blog!

omg I LOVE YOUR BLOG. I am now considering the easy mac diet. Life-changing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: NC
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
I hate to break it to you candy dieters, but the candy diet is not well rounded and may lead to deficiencies. You must consume a variety of cookies, cakes, pies, puddings, and ice creams in addition to candy to ensure that you are fulfilling your USDA of sweet, creamy, crunchy, crumbly, gooey, and decedent.


Yes. Variety, people, its the key to everything.

I do occasionally drift to the potato chip diet, though. I just feel like I need some extra salt to counteract all the sugar. Am I undoing all of the good I've done to my body with candy when I eat chips?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: NC
IsaChandra wrote:
I want to listen to my body but sometimes I think I need chocolate skittles when really I needed rainbow skittles. How do you know? Like really really know?


Also, I've never seen chocolate skittles. Is this real or just some candyland fantasy? Google pulled up pictures of a package but the skittles product website had nothing. I MUST know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Posts: 1435
bekki wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
I want to listen to my body but sometimes I think I need chocolate skittles when really I needed rainbow skittles. How do you know? Like really really know?


Also, I've never seen chocolate skittles. Is this real or just some candyland fantasy? Google pulled up pictures of a package but the skittles product website had nothing. I MUST know.


Chocolate Skittles were real, horribly real. I think they were discontinued, which is a good thing because they were just awful.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/chocolate-s ... led-jesus/

_________________
Again, you are all brilliant and sexy. And I am lavender-laden and secure in my masculinity. - Sir Brancis Facon

bird noises | book of faces


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Posts: 1435
chouettes crêpes wrote:
i was on the candy diet for over 5 years. now i feel it no longer supports the nutrition balance i need. now, like most normal people, i've learned to accept the easy mac diet. why had i abandoned this natural way of eating for so many years?? on the candy diet, my hair was falling out, i felt so lethargic that i forgot how to use words like "lethargic." the candy diet made slow and smell like garlic. now i feel the need to preach to the world (and troll forums) about the atrocities of the candy diet and, conversely, the outstanding benefits of eating like the rest of the easy mac dieters. but please, don't trust these words; read and view the wonderful of truth on my blog!


Wish I could see this, but the blog link doesn't work for me.

_________________
Again, you are all brilliant and sexy. And I am lavender-laden and secure in my masculinity. - Sir Brancis Facon

bird noises | book of faces


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 am 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7896
Location: Seattle
poopiebitch wrote:
bunniee wrote:
mumbles wrote:
It's probably ok. The Candy Diet isn't about purity--as long as you're making a sincere effort to eat nothing but sweets, you're doing it right. Nobody bring up honey, please.


What if the sweets aren't made with corn syrup, sugar, or white flour? I made no-bake cookies with wholesome ingredients like oats, almond butter, cocoa, and agave nectar. They are delicious.

No, I'm sorry, but those pseudo 'foods' are not acceptable substitutes for real candy and should be eaten in moderation.

I for one believe that unprocessed foods should be avoided entirely. I mean, think about it. They're unprocessed and therefore not made of chemicals. Is that really something you want to put in your body? Stick to candy.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1464
Are you kidding? Whole candy is the way to go. I can't believe some candy dieters eat oreo crumbs and chocolate chunks. Stick to WHOLE cookies and chocolate bars.

_________________
Like the beleaguered people of sub-Saharan Africa, I'll just go to Denny's. Solidarity!
-mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3129
Location: BKLN
obviously most candy is good for you, but if you are eating candy that contains oil you might as well be eating a giant bowl of sauteed vegetables! stay away from skittles, twizzlers, bonkers, and other sweet things that are actually full of oily poison, unless you don't really care about being healthy at all.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4051
Location: Malvern, PA
acr wrote:
just in time for halloween! sorry, kids, i know you were hoping to score some good stuff this year, but i'm going to have to give you these weetabix and kale chips i've purged from my pantry. i mean, my health is on the line here.

But the children! Are you saying you don't care about their health?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Posts: 1435
acr wrote:
obviously most candy is good for you, but if you are eating candy that contains oil you might as well be eating a giant bowl of sauteed vegetables! stay away from skittles, twizzlers, bonkers, and other sweet things that are actually full of oily poison, unless you don't really care about being healthy at all.


Thanks for the advice! i'll switch to Dots and Red Vines twists, they are fat free and full of energy from sugar and colorful dyes.

_________________
Again, you are all brilliant and sexy. And I am lavender-laden and secure in my masculinity. - Sir Brancis Facon

bird noises | book of faces


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
starrynight87 wrote:
acr wrote:
just in time for halloween! sorry, kids, i know you were hoping to score some good stuff this year, but i'm going to have to give you these weetabix and kale chips i've purged from my pantry. i mean, my health is on the line here.

But the children! Are you saying you don't care about their health?

Oh, they're probably a lost cause already. Their parents might be feeding them Cheerios for breakfast, for all we know. Imagine!

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 pm 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 1219
Location: Tachyon-coma, WA
I heard that eating vegetables and a wide variety of foods can cause young boys to become feminine in some ways. I start my boy out with a basket of Butter Fingers each morning and let him wash it down with Wild Cherry Pepsi. I hope I can counteract all of those times his grandmother made him have apple slices. I hope he still likes girls when he's older -- it's very important.

_________________
This thread is about Rowans, Jason Mraz and vibrators. ~ Rowan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:24 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7462
Location: Portland, OR
vijita wrote:
I know this is a stretch for you Candy Dieters, but every time I buy a bag of chips, I buy a second to keep in my car for emergencies.

5oz or 9oz bag? Also, buy double and invite me over.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:24 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:10 am
Posts: 1138
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Mars wrote:
vijita wrote:
I know this is a stretch for you Candy Dieters, but every time I buy a bag of chips, I buy a second to keep in my car for emergencies.

5oz or 9oz bag? Also, buy double and invite me over.

Some say that the humble chip diet isn't sustainable long-term, because you will be lacking in ethanol. But this is easily obtained from fermented potatoes, a completely natural byproduct of chip manufacture. As long as you supplement adequately this is a perfectly healthy diet.

_________________
'forking. bogan as forking fork' - Joshua
'I can puke and be naked anywhere I want' - Fee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
I feel like there are plenty of places to discuss other false diets. Safe space for candy dieters, please.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
acr wrote:
obviously most candy is good for you, but if you are eating candy that contains oil you might as well be eating a giant bowl of sauteed vegetables! stay away from skittles, twizzlers, bonkers, and other sweet things that are actually full of oily poison, unless you don't really care about being healthy at all.

Pure gold.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
vegimator wrote:
Are you kidding? Whole candy is the way to go. I can't believe some candy dieters eat oreo crumbs and chocolate chunks. Stick to WHOLE cookies and chocolate bars.

Spoken true.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Candy Diet
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:45 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10327
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Mars wrote:
vijita wrote:
I know this is a stretch for you Candy Dieters, but every time I buy a bag of chips, I buy a second to keep in my car for emergencies.

5oz or 9oz bag? Also, buy double and invite me over.

200 grams! Like there is any other way to do it. Come over and we'll also eat some candy to appease Isa. But mostly chips.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jogirl and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer