| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: My partner is so awesome thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I was sick the last few days, so my husband went grocery shopping by himself. He got every single thing on the list AND picked out the cereal that Malcolm likes (not on the list) because he's awesome. He even used all the coupons I stapled to the list. Then he did laundry, dishes, kept Malcolm entertained, emptied the garbages, etc.
I have the best husband <3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:23 am 
Semen Strong

Awwww! So happy for you AM!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:42 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Chad was really excited to give Will a bottle this week that on Monday he had everything set out on the counter just waiting for him to wake up. It was so sweet. Bonus, I got to sleep in until 8 or 9 all week!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I just miss mine like crazy, this is the longest we've ever been apart. I'm on a trip across the country for 5 days.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:08 am 
Semen Strong

I had a really long PT session (my knees are a mess) and was so tired that I needed to go to bed at 10. My husband stayed up till 3 am because she wouldn't go to sleep. So she was yelling and needed to be rocked until she finally went out. And I slept for 5 blissful hours.

Also, he did our laundry (as he always does) so I woke up to bagels, coffee and fresh diapers.

I kind of want to marry him all over again today.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:59 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Wow, what a guy!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Man, so jealous.i would love one night to myself. Or even just one bedtime I didn't haveto put grey to bed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:11 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Woah! Brett wins at spousehood.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:44 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

You are one lucky momma! I want sleep and bagels!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:27 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

My partner tried to let me sleep in today even though he is sick as a dog by taking wolverine out into the living room with him early this morning. wolverine has been so loud I had a hard time sleeping but it's the thought that counts. he has been teething so hes back in my bed keeping me up all night.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 pm 
Semen Strong

Today I went to PT from 8 am to 10 am and then went shopping and brought home Chipotle. Brett took care of our sick little bunny all morning, which was great, because I have been dying to get out of the house. And then he came home early so I could get a 2 hour nap (PT exhausts me). And he did all our laundry <3

I really appreciate having someone help me out so much. I don't know how people do this alone. I have so much respect.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:05 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

After many self esteem and identity destroying relationships, I have finally got a good one. We have known each other since we were teenagers and our punk rock bands used to play the same shows, ten years later we got together. We both train and fight Muay Thai and so it's awesome having that support and understanding, especially when training takes over your life and you find yourself at the gym for hours and hours after work, at least we do it together! he was vegan for 3 years, and eats vegan when training and cutting weight for fights, so it's awesome having that too. I work in television (with his mum ha ha!), and he was a child actor when younger, so gets the stress and craziness of my job. We also produce a web series focusing on the New Zealand Fight scene together which he presents and I direct, and so far so good. We love the same music, same movies, watch too much fighting together, and we are still very independent of each other. Pretty, pretty smitten.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:47 pm 
Semen Strong

My husband made me crepes tonight. They were amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:59 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Chad took Will to church this morning and they're grocery shopping after. I have at least 2 hours at home... by myself... amazing!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:27 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

On the twelfth of each month Richard goes out and buys me lilies (my favorite flower). It being Autumn, he had this seasonal arrangement made with badass pumpkin vase!

He also cooks for me on a daily basis, he makes the BEST vegan food. <3

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I wanna dropkick him to the chest but we still love eachother and stuff. =]

This is him with his best girl Brooklyn. He reminds me a lot of Dr. Evil the way he carries Brooklyn around everywhere. There is no seperating those two.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 am 
Naked Under Apron

LUCKY!!!!!

My husband let me take a nap today and homeschooled the kids yesterday, which is pretty rad. Especially the part about the nap.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
LUCKY!!!!!

My husband let me take a nap today and homeschooled the kids yesterday, which is pretty rad. Especially the part about the nap.

That is the one thing Richard will never let me do. SLEEP. Everytime I fall asleep he wakes me up and not just me, everyone in the house. He's so crazy sometimes lol. Anyways, I won't get into that because this is a partner appreciation thread, haha. But yeah, color me jealous. =]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:38 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
LUCKY!!!!!

That is the one thing Richard will never let me do. SLEEP. Everytime I fall asleep he wakes me up and not just me, everyone in the house. He's so crazy sometimes lol. Anyways, I won't get into that because this is a partner appreciation thread, haha. But yeah, color me jealous. =]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:00 am 
Naked Under Apron

My husband has agreed to do the dishes until my morning sickness goes away! I am so, so grateful because the sight of food and the smell of dirty dishes has had me gagging in the sink. He also watched the kids almost all day yesterday when I was hit with the worst, longest-lasting migraine (36 hours!!) I've ever had. Hooray. (For my husband, not the migraine.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 am 
Seagull of the PPK

My partner is at work, on a Saturday morning, replacing the clutch in my car after more than 6 years!!!! of absolute abuse (my car may be ugly, but i love this thing so much!). Because he wants to do it himself to make sure it's done right (he normally would not do the transmission work at the shop, one of the guys would). Even better, I must have overheard him say to at least 5 people that my clutch was the longest lasting clutch he'd seen in a long time, and that "if you drive it carefully yours can last just as long" [we've been replacing a lot of clutches at very low mileage lately] which is refreshing after all the female driver bullshiitake i hear every single day in this country.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:20 am 
Inflexitarian

my hubs let me sleep in until 9:30 both weekend days - plus a nap yesterday. He also took care of two of the three poo-splosions that we had, and held all 18 lbs of our little guy and kept him entertained while we waited in line for an hour to early vote. Plus this really isn't even noteworthy because he is always this way. I just so appreciate him.

I like raising my son with him so he has another perspective on life. I just discovered that his stuffies have two sets of names. I have unoriginally named them Tommy the turtle, Sam the sunfish, Wally the whale, and Ollie the octopus. I heard the guys playing with them yesterday and discovered they had been renamed Snappy the Turtle, Pecky the Pirhana, Killy the killer whale, and Strangle-y the octopus. Of course they would use their rough and toughness only against evil-doers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 pm 
Semen Strong

My husband has been amazing through the crappiness of Sandy. From making sure that we have heat (he rewired our furnace to run on a generator) to cleaning up the mess after our freezer failed and my placenta melted all over it, to caring for our kidlet and just all around being lovely. I feel so blessed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:51 pm 
Inflexitarian

Oh wow. A placenta meltdown! He def gets kudos for that one!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

My husband has been so great with all of this morning sickness and exhaustion. He lets me sleep in for as long as he can in the morning before he leaves and has been basically fending for himself as far as food goes since I can't eat much so i haven't been cooking like I usually do. When he's home he is making all of Ada's food, doing dishes, cleaning, etc...basically everything. And he doesn't complain one bit about any of it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:54 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

+1 for Mr. Sashi! Hope you're getting that second trimester relief soon. :)

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next