| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:49 pm 
Tofu Pup

HI I am Scottish mainly vegan and wearing a leopard print jumpsuit and a pair of mega thick nerd glasses! I am Scottish so make some sort of alowances for me.. I adore playing guitar and making raw vegan chocolate and cake.. for Halloween this year I am making ginger crystal chocolate and a raw vegan cherry cake!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! I have always loved cooking and baking and went vegan a few years ago and love it even more now. I don't know many other vegans and have found this to be a great resource. Thanks to all of the dedicated posters, especially in The Playground!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:57 am 
Bathes in Braggs

hi browsie, where are you from?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:52 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

Hi everybody, I am french living in UK and vegan . I am very passionate about food and animal right .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 pm 
Nailed to the V

syrius wrote:
Hi everybody, I am french living in UK and vegan . I am very passionate about food and animal right .

Awesome! (glad you're here, there are so few french speakers!) ;)
where do you live?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:52 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Emilie wrote:
syrius wrote:

Awesome! (glad you're here, there are so few french speakers!) ;)
where do you live?

thanks for replying.. I live in Greater Manchester. I love this city ..... they have a great shop in Chorlton call unicorn love going there . and you where do you live ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:20 pm 
Tofu Pup

<--- Noob
Hello everyone.
I'm slowly transition to vegan and trying to find my love of cooking again.

It's nice to meet you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:46 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm from outside of Toledo, Ohio in the US. We live right by the Maumee river (the biggest watershed in the Great Lakes region, yay!) and are so lucky to have plentiful rainfall and truly amazing soil. My family and I have a landscaping company and run a CSA that serves about 70 families. I tried living in a lot of other places after high school but we're a pretty tight knit group so I'm here for the long haul now. (Unless everyone else takes me up on the idea of moving to Costa Rica to live on a papaya farm.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:31 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Hi All,

I live in the Cascade foothills (WA state) with a man and a baby and two cats. I love cooking when my kitchen is clean, and I make huge messes when I cook. Fortunately, my spouse recognizes this and doesn't mind washing dishes.
I've been vegan for 7+ years now, and I periodically need to remind myself why I do things the way I do. Thus, my presence here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Hey all :D

I'm from Leicester in the UK...I've been vegetarian my whole life, vegan tendancies but could never give up cheese or chocolate...in the last few years I've developed a bad dairy intolerance, which kinda solved that problem for me! I'm also soya intolerant which is not very fun as so much nice vegan stuff uses soya! So I cook from scratch most of the time.

I live on a tight budget and am constantly looking up new recipes and trying out new foods...the only reason I'm glad it's winter is because I have an excuse to make lots of wintery comfort foods :D

I just moved into a new flat with my fiance (whoo!) with a pretty small kitchen and not loads of equipment so it's a nice adventure finding out what I can and can't cook (with frequent texts to my mum asking for help :p)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello everyone!

I'm Kimberly- and about 6 weeks ago I switched to a whole foods/vegan lifestyle. I was very blessed in that my hubby and the kids switched with me and they have been very supportive of the change. Things haven't been terribly easy- there has been a lot of issues with friends who don't understand and think I'm a bit crazy but... it's been worth it. I've had issues with migraines since having my daughter about 9 years ago but they had really ramped up when I had my son 4 years ago. For a long while I was having them 4-7 days a week, I went through tons of testing and tons of medications both prevention and stuff to take during migraines. At one point I was up to 17 pills a day just trying to prevent them. I was still having 2-3 a week. I haven't been living, I haven't been enjoying the migraine free time because I spend too much time playing catchup- so I needed to try something new. Going whole foods/vegan has changed my life. The few migraines I've had can be attributed to the food I ate that day- friend's or relatives cooking who I didn't want to upset. Cooking at home I've had none. I hope eventually the fear of them looming near by will go away and I will feel safe and can let go of that anxiety but for now I'm counting every migraine-less day as a blessing and doing my best to stay on track with my new lifestyle. It's not always easy and this was a suggested forum for support so here I am!

-Kimberly
http://organically-me.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi y'all! Here's my obligatory intro post. I'm Shannon. I'm new- to these forums and to veganism. I'm super excited about both! I live in Boston. I love chocolate and kale and peanut butter (all at once even, in smoothie form). Yesterday, a coworker told me I'm the healthiest eater she's ever met which is hilarious because I have a long history of very unhealthy SAD eating. These days, though, every time I sit down to lunch in the breakroom, someone engages me in conversation about my amazing food. It makes me happy that they're all so curious about it. I need to make these people some really inspirational vegan cookies or something very soon!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:10 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello I'm a male from PA and am just wondering if there is any real way to meet a female vegetarian, vegan for a relationship? What's the tree is his penis stupidness about? Are you just another piece of trash? Why'd you start this site? Are you male or female. There's nothing exciting about me or anyone else holding our penis to our mouth.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:37 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello, Isa Chandra are you one of the people that started this site? I saw you on Twitter while I had a Twitter profile. Did you ever finish the vegan cheese you were working on making? I didn't give a real email address so I don't know if sending a private message would work so I'm just writing it on here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:22 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I have been lurking this board far too long! It about time I just signed up and joined in on the fun. Hello, all! I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband and two daughters. Since becoming vegan recently I have become very passionate about learning to cook and bake. I owe a lot of this to Isa thanks to her wonderful cookbooks. I made the chickpea cutlets for the first time tonight. We smothered them with the creamy sage gravy from vegan diner. It was a bit hit with my family. My 4 year ate two! Thank goodness I made a double batch. I look forward to chatting with everyone. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello all! A little about me: Vegan, musician, cat lover, animal rights supporter formerly from New York City - now the great Midwest. Happy to be here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi!
New vegan here. Blogs and this site are helping me to figure my new favorites out.

Ebony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 am 
Tofu Pup

Hey there all I've been vegetarian for about 6 years.
East Coast transplant living in Austin.
I play upright bass,do photography and fix people's computers
Trying to go vegan and gluten free for health reasons.
Been pulling recipes off this site for awhile now figured I'd introduce myself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi! I'm from Singapore, an architecture student :) I run a food blog where i share my recipes - www.morethanveggies.tumblr.com. so do check it out!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:48 am 
Tofu Pup

More then veggies I work for an architect firm doing It stuff small world.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:28 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I guess it is only polite to do one of these intro thingies, huh?

I am an RN in Seattle, married to the best guy on the planet. We work for our two dogs and cat-whatever they say, goes. Vegetarian for years, went vegan this year and loving it. Looking forward to activism, but need to save up for bail (nothing damaging or violent, just in your face and insistant).

Nice to meet you, Others!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:51 am 
Huffs Nooch

Hi Everyone,
I live in the Boston area and have been vegan for a little over a year. I have a serious cookbook addiction.
Krista

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Howdy folks,

I'm a very new herbivore (three months ish), though I've been working in that direction for some time. I have been involved in animal rescue work for a few years and ran a dog daycare for 5 years, but stopped that last year. I live with three dogs, two cats and three rats, as well as a husband and housemate. I'm also relatively new to cooking and have only been mucking about in the kitchen for about three years.

I live in the Greater Toronto Area in Ontario, Canada.

Yay intro!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:12 am 
Dead by dawn

crittergirl222 wrote:
I guess it is only polite to do one of these intro thingies, huh?

I am an RN in Seattle, married to the best guy on the planet. We work for our two dogs and cat-whatever they say, goes. Vegetarian for years, went vegan this year and loving it. Looking forward to activism, but need to save up for bail (nothing damaging or violent, just in your face and insistant).

Nice to meet you, Others!!

Hey, you should visit the Seattle thread in the square. We are in the first stages of planning our next meet-up. Meaning we've gotten as far as "We should have a meet-up." "Yeah, we should." "..." Because we are not very good at this. But we like new people!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:32 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, i am a new vegan having changed over about 6 weeks ago. The hardest thing for me is giving up cheese which i am still craving but have managed to stay off so far - i never ate much but i seem to want it a lot now. I live in the north west of England where I am studying beauty therapy - this gave me the push to change as we are encouraged to eat and drink well to have good skin otherwise we would be a bad advert for our trade. I came here through a link by the Gentle Chef who has wonderful recipies in his new book.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 65  Next