| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon May 25, 2015 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Pet peeves
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:46 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Getting a crappy coupon at the checkout.

Evidently purchasing a bag of chips, a box of cookies, chocolate peanut butter, shampoo and a box of Kotex earned me my own personal printed just for my order. $2 coupon for Vagisil feminine wash. What the hell? Give me a freaking coupon for something I buy! That is $2 I will never save!! Grrrrr!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:49 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

PugMom wrote:
Getting a crappy coupon at the checkout.

Evidently purchasing a bag of chips, a box of cookies, chocolate peanut butter, shampoo and a box of Kotex earned me my own personal printed just for my order. $2 coupon for Vagisil feminine wash. What the hell? Give me a freaking coupon for something I buy! That is $2 I will never save!! Grrrrr!

This made me laugh. I always thought it was weird when I'd get a coupon for something not really related to what I was buying.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:04 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Tea wrote:
People who care too much about RSVP's. It was for lunch tomorrow and I actively participated in the discussion about where we should go, but when the organizer sent out the final rsvp list I was not on it and there was a not so subtle and passive aggressive "...assuming participating in the discussion about restaurant does not constitute an rsvp." Why would I continuously offer my thoughts on the details if I wasn't planning to go?

Along the same vein, I got chewed out a year or so back because I responded to an rsvp with "I probably won't be able to make it." Apparently that was insufficiently definite or some horseshit. I don't understand that personality type, and my suspicion is that I never will.

Just to offer a personal anecdote as to why people might care about getting a firm RSVP answer, I once organised a meal for my co-workers. They'd all said they'd probably be able to make it. On the day of the meal nearly all of them had one reason or another why they couldn't go after all and I had to go to the restaurant and tell them we wouldn't be eating there after all and the guy at the restaurant was really upset and guilted me into eating there right then! He said he'd laid on extra staff because of the booking I'd made. I felt really bad and ended up calling round all my friends and getting one of them to join me (and paying).

https://dropscone.wordpress.com/ - frugal recipes & finds in the UK

Last edited by dropscone on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:05 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

sorry, double post

https://dropscone.wordpress.com/ - frugal recipes & finds in the UK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:24 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Reviving an ancient thread to say: People who enter their e-mail adress wrong on internet forms! I have a very common maiden name and one of my e-mail adresses is firstname.maidenname@gmail.com. I get a lot of mail that isn't mine. Sometimes I just don't bother with it, but when it's something like e-tickets I try to get hold of the offender. The other day I got a confirmation of someone's booking of a trip to Rhodes, so of course I tried to find their contact info. No phone number, and her number's not listed, so I have to send her a bloody postcard!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:08 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

It makes me so frustrated when someone asks me a question, I respond with I don't know, and they continue to ask me either variants of the original question or follow up questions based on the first.
If I say I don't know, I am not withholding information I have. I mean I do not have that information. This situation has happened three times in the last hour.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:02 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

amonik wrote:
Reviving an ancient thread to say: People who enter their e-mail adress wrong on internet forms! I have a very common maiden name and one of my e-mail adresses is firstname.maidenname@gmail.com. I get a lot of mail that isn't mine. Sometimes I just don't bother with it, but when it's something like e-tickets I try to get hold of the offender. The other day I got a confirmation of someone's booking of a trip to Rhodes, so of course I tried to find their contact info. No phone number, and her number's not listed, so I have to send her a bloody postcard!

This happens to my husband except the other dude with the similar email is apparently some crazy conservative dude and every now and then he gets signed up for some crazy conservative email thing

It's pretty amusing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:54 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

My brother has a pretty uncommon name and as far as we can tell, is one of only two people in the whole country with that name.

What do you know, the other guy ends up being a professor at his university! In the subject he is studying! Ever since joining the uni my brother keeps getting emails for this professor.

Once he even got an email with exam results of hundreds of students, meant for the professor. And then had to be grilled by security people and made to sign forms because he shouldn't have seen those results. They treated him like he had hacked in or something!

But no, people keep sending sensitive emails to some random 19 year old student. Like, at least check before you send these things?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10