| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV) NO COMIC SPOILERS!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I do not think that the person playing Lori is or was pregnant in real life. The writers have said that they are changing a lot from the comics, but to a certain degree the basic story line has stayed the same. I didn't read the comics, but I work with someone who has. And she fully filled me in. Lori was pregnant in the comic too, they carried that over to the show. It's not like the actress got pregnant and they had to figure out a way to write it in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:20 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

solipsistnation wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
Maybe I didn't pick up that you weren't being that serious. and no, i didn't get that it was an MST3K quote. I just took what you said to essentially mean, "shut up, already!"

Oh, okay. Don't worry, if I want to be offensive, I will totally just go ahead and be offensive, and not try to couch it in any kind of vaguely subtle veiled reference. 8)

Totally off-topic, but here you go:

I still totally dig the riot armor zombies, and crossbow bolts and stuff bouncing off of their face shields, and that it was foreshadowed by finding a riot shield (which would be a GREAT thing to have during a zombie fight! I'm surprised nobody tried it before!).

cool, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

GraciaKai wrote:
I do not think that the person playing Lori is or was pregnant in real life. The writers have said that they are changing a lot from the comics, but to a certain degree the basic story line has stayed the same. I didn't read the comics, but I work with someone who has. And she fully filled me in. Lori was pregnant in the comic too, they carried that over to the show. It's not like the actress got pregnant and they had to figure out a way to write it in.

If she's pregnant, she, uh, didn't increase in size much. Even tiny-breasted women, in my massive experience with pregnant ladies, grow a cup size or two. She appears to just have the belly (with bonus protruding navel!) and none of the other bonus pregnancy stuff.

So, thinking about how babies would work-- it's serious dramatic tension, right? "Oh no, what about the baaaby?" and lots of running around. I hope they dig up an Ergo or something, so she can fight zombies with her hands free and not have to go all _Hard Boiled_ hospital scene. (Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNP45KnEwdk Warning, Chow Yun-Fat shooting dudes while holding a baby.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

If we are comparing zombie stories, than I will go to the Dawn of the Dead remake. In that there was girl who was pregnant and then got bit by a zombie. In the process of waiting for the baby to be born she slowly started to change and then gave birth to a zombie baby! Then her and the baby were killed. Pretty awesome. So if Lori has a zombie baby it wouldn't be that far fetched. I don't think they are going that route though.

Logically speaking at this point Hershel is dead or dying in the next episode and the new humans in the prison will have supplies and help for Lori to deliver the baby somewhat safely. But we are talking about a zombie tv drama, so all logic gets thrown out the window.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I TOUCHED NORMAN REEDUS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:15 am 

hot!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:24 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

fisticuffs wrote:
I TOUCHED NORMAN REEDUS.

D E T A I L S .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:05 pm 

Holy eff, that was intense!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I agree! It's much better than last season, so far.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

I really wish Hershel had died when Laurie was giving him CPR... and then bit her face off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:00 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:
D E T A I L S .

Haha. I was pretty awkward. It was at a scifi/comic convention. I didn't make it in time to get a ticket for the photo opportunity, but I squeezed my way into the Q&A and got an autograph afterwards. The line moved so fast, I wasn't mentally prepared yet when I faced him! We shook hands and he looked deep into my eyes. ;) Then I had to spell my name for him and I mumbled a thankyouverymuchhaveaniceday before I wandered off with a confused look on my face.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 am 

So, the thing that I don't quite get is why there is more tension between lori and rick this season than there was last season after rick found out about lori and shane.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am 

ijustdiedinside wrote:
So, the thing that I don't quite get is why there is more tension between lori and rick this season than there was last season after rick found out about lori and shane.

I really think their trying to change Lori's character. Forget about the virus thing, the most inexplicable thing about the show is what the fizzle is wrong with Lori.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am 

fisticuffs wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
D E T A I L S .

Haha. I was pretty awkward. It was at a scifi/comic convention. I didn't make it in time to get a ticket for the photo opportunity, but I squeezed my way into the Q&A and got an autograph afterwards. The line moved so fast, I wasn't mentally prepared yet when I faced him! We shook hands and he looked deep into my eyes. ;) Then I had to spell my name for him and I mumbled a thankyouverymuchhaveaniceday before I wandered off with a confused look on my face.

Ok, did he mention me at all????

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yes, seriously what is up with Rick and Lori? And where's Carl? Oh he's just off wandering the prison alone!

I really wanted Hershel to turn into a walker and bite her face off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:34 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

it seems like rick was a pretty docile guy before the world went to shiitake. the idea of his wife moving on because she thought he was dead might have been something he could come to terms with under any circumstances. but everyone has a tipping point; i guess he was ready to forgive her for sleeping with his best friend, but not for telling him he probably needs to kill that best friend and then looking at him like he's something disgusting that she wants to scrape off of her shoe after he finally does it for exactly the reasons she was going on about. and rick's a lot less patient in general these days.

carl. jeez. because the one thing that was really missing from this show was angsty adolescent boundary testing. i'm glad they're incorporating these humanizing family dynamics; it makes it all a lot more relatable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ACR, you are right about there being a humanizing aspect to the show. This is from Wikipedia and it backs up what I have heard so far is the point to the show.

Quote:
Based on the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead tells the story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse.[11] Most of the story takes place in the Atlanta metropolitan area, and then the surrounding countryside of northern Georgia, as the survivors search for a safe haven away from the shuffling hordes of predatory "walkers" (as the zombies are referred to in the show), who devour any living thing they catch, and whose bite is infectious to humans. The plot is focused primarily on the dilemmas the group faces as they struggle to balance their humanity with their survival against the zombie horde, and later, how they cope with members' being killed and deal with other human survivors they encounter, many of whom are dangerous and predatory themselves.
The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a sheriff's deputy[1] before the zombie outbreak. At every turn they are faced with the horror of the walking zombies, the changing dynamic of their group, and hostility from the scattered remains of a struggling human populace who are focused on their own survival now that the structures of society have collapsed.

I really think they are going to blow through the why of how the zombies came about and never answer that question fully.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:27 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

GraciaKai wrote:
I really think they are going to blow through the why of how the zombies came about and never answer that question fully.

obviously, the decorpsinator serum was incomplete.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:47 pm 

Yeah, I don't think anyone is expecting a definitive answer to why it's happening, were they? Just discussing the info they're given us so far.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I don't know. I was on the elevator with someone this morning discussing it. And her thoughts were that she would never watch a zombie television show, but because this is more to do with the human aspect and the aftermath and not just straight gore she's into it. So for some people its working.

But I really like to know the how and why of things! I'm ok with never knowing if that's how the writers want it to be. But I would still rather know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:04 pm 

I think for zombies and time travel i prefer it if they don't give a real explanation. i like guessing and seeing what new crazy shiitake happens!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm not really feeling this season so far. I'm all for action and stuff, but this kind of seems like too much flailing and stabbing and not enough interesting stuff to back it up. I don't really like that they skipped so far ahead between the seasons- I liked where it left off with Rick kind of going power-crazy and I wanted to see how people dealt with it (okay, what I really wanted was a T-Dog led mutiny). Also, what were they doing for six months or whatever between seeing the prison and finally going to check it out? And why has no one's hair grown except for Carl's, and Herschel's beard?

I'm going to be so grossed out if Carl makes out with that blonde girl. Wasn't he like, ten six months ago?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:10 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I dont think they saw the prison until this season. We saw it at the end of season 2, but I dont think they did. It does seem like they skipped a lot of time though!

Eeeew, if they make Carl and Beth a thing that would be really freaking weird!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:11 pm 

I wondered about the prison thing, too, but I think we saw it, but they couldn't. That's the only explanation that makes sense. Or maybe they'd been planning the prison thing for the last few months. It seemed like were really tight and had a good plan going on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:13 pm 
Saggy Butt

Lori's not bugging me so much yet this season, but that Beth chick? Now that she doesn't want to off herself her attitude is getting to me. And it's only episode 2!! And Carl? Can't he fall down a hole somewhere?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 34  Next