| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nashville
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:25 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

You can go to the Hard Rock cafe and eat french fries! And go to the Charlie Daniels museum!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:48 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

J. Gumbo's downtown has vegan options, but they're only open for lunch. http://www.jgumbos.com/store41.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Argh. This will be rough. No car. And I don't think Hard Rock will work for this group. And it's a dinner event that I'd trying to plan, so no J. Gumbo's. I'll talk to the hotel concierge. And pack luna bars.

The Charlie Daniels Museum is closed.

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I was kidding about Hard Rock, and WHAT.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:40 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm incapable of detecting tone on the internet. And really stressed about planning this dinner, where Hard Rock was actually seeming like an option at this point.

And INDEED.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Just get a cab to The Wild Cow! I'm a problem solver.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:55 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I second the wild cow! I go downtown weekly but not to eat. Sam's sushi is in Printer's Alley (off Church St) but not sure it's vegan friendly. Sam's not friendly in general though...but cheap from what I hear.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:39 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Not the first time I've come to this thread thinking it was about the TV show :) Need to make a habit of looking at the subforums under the title, haha.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

HEY EVERYBODY. If you didn't know, there's a new vegan bakery/sammich shop on Porter Rd in East Nashville, run by Karina Khan (Khan's Desserts), the lady who provides The Wild Cow's desserts. I haven't had a sandwich yet, but the menu looks awesome. We've had some cake and cheesecake though, which were delicious, as usual.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:25 pm 

A friend told me yesterday that they have a vegan egg and bacon (or was it sausage?) biscuit! I've got to try this.

On another note, we're getting another farmer's market on the east side starting in May in at East High, and i'm helping run it. If you know any musicians who would like to play at the market for free produce, let me know!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Why is this thread so dead?

My husband and I are taking a staycation this week and making an effort to try more restaurants that we don't normally frequent. Sunflower Cafe is a newish (it's probably been there a couple years now!) vegetarian cafe around Berry Hill. I was hesitant to try it because it seemed like stuff I could cook at home, but it was really great. Cafeteria-style. Everything vegan/gf is marked, and most items were vegan. Try it!

Baja Burrito has always been an option, but we never go there for some reason. They've started carrying the BeHive chorizo/potato mixture as one of their fillings. It's really good.

We're trying Two Ten Jack tonight. New ramen house in East Nashville. There's a vegan option in almost every section of the menu, plus some crazy-sounding cocktails and fancy sake.

Edit: We've eaten the hell out of Khan's Desserts since I posted about it last. All the sammiches (and everything else) are amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:52 pm 

We go to Baja Burrito a lot. The BeHive chorizo is really great...usually get it on the peasant plate. We really like it because it's easy for all four of our kids to find something they like/can eat. Plus the six of us can eat for about $40 which is crazy!

The new ramen place is great (otaku south). I went with two girlfriends a few months ago right after they opened. One of my friends is friends with the owners. We had some gyoza dumplings and ramen and a lot of sake. It was $90 for the three of us...not cheap but great, and like I said, we had a lot of sake.

We also get pizza at Italia often. They have Daiya which is a huge plus for my vegan kids. Plus their pizza is just good. It's fairly sketchy to eat inside. At least they finally started providing real plates instead of paper plates.

I've been meaning to try the Sunflower Cafe but never think of it. I've heard good things about Two Ten Jack too.

We should totally do a Nashville PPK meetup soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Haha, the meet-up would just be the two of us!

We order Italia in a pinch, but it's not my favorite pizza. The only time we tried to eat inside, we sat down while one of my friends tried to use the bathroom, and he ended up not even being able to because their toilet was clogged, and then we all ended up leaving because it was stifling hot in the summer with no a/c.

There's a newish pizza place in Buena Vista/Germantown area called 312 Pizza Co that has vegan cheese. They do Chicago-style thin and deep dish pizzas. Both are great, but the deep dish is craaaazy good. Sauce on top and everything.

Two Ten Jack was expensive, but really great food and cocktails. It'll be a special occasion place for us though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:50 pm 

It would be like the time I stalked you at Ingelwood Kroger. You're making me think my Italia love. Blech! I would love some Chicago style pizza that I don't have to make myself!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 am 
Saggy Butt

I remember Italia from my visit to Nashville a couple years ago. It felt kind of grubby inside, but I thought the pizza was really good. I was extremely upset when I realized at the airport that I'd forgotten the leftovers in the hotel mini-fridge. I thought about that for months, actually, since restaurant vegan pizza did not exist then where I live (still a 15 mile trip for a Daiya pizza). Would love to go back and check out other places. I really liked Nashville.