| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 pm 
ugh

I'm so sorry, Shanti, I hate when religious folks say stuff like that. Maybe they'd be "better off" if I shoved them off a high precipice but I don't think they'd appreciate my saying so.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Shanti, it doesn't sound like you've been a jerk, you're just re-iterating what your husband already told them, which is that you don't want that kind of support. I had some cards from people along similarly religious lines and they really grated with me (also pretty openly atheist). I just didn't bother replying to them. I'm not sure what I would have said if people had said that kind of thing to me face to face.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:31 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Uch, my phone got stolen, I feel like it's partly my own fault & I have to have my wisdom teeth out & my new dentist was creepy as hell and rude - he told me he hates my piercings and kept telling me I had to clean them with milton & that saline solution has been proven to be useless. Um, I know how to look after my piercings thank you, I've had most of them for 10 years and I'm a trained body piercer.

So, the phone, it fell outa my pocket on the sofa in the dentists waiting room, I didn't notice 'till I was done at the appointment and downstairs waiting for the x-ray results, the guy with the appointment after me was sitting where the phone would have been and when I asked if he'd seen it he said 'was that your phone' and then super quickly backtracked and said 'I haven't seen it, I hope you find it'. Nobody else seemed to hear the first part and I couldn't exactly just start accusing him but he blatantly took it. Nobody else had been there apart from me, my husband, him, the dentist & the receptionist. I then spent the rest of the day using the iPhone tracking thing to chase him & it all over town with no luck and I had to change my passwords to everything I have on there that's linked to my bank account - eBay, Amazon, Etsy etc. I'm really forked off that we now have to find £450 for a new phone.

I also feel forking ridiculous for needing an iPhone this much but I literally use it for everything, it's my ipod, my alarm clock, my way of getting business orders, my camera, how I time my cupcakes. Uch. And yeah, wisdom teeth, that's not free either! Great day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Aww jojo, that sucks :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:13 pm 
Impressive boner

One of the guinea pigs has lost one third of his body weight since last July. He was pretty overweight back then and felt quite big and squidgy in his midriff. His current weight isn't unhealthy, given his age and that piggies lose a few grams in autumn as they grow their winter coats, but it seems like such a lot of weight for a piggy to lose. I'll be keeping a closer eye on him than normal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:40 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

One of my ears is sore, but not terribly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Forgot to do something my boss asked me to do. Ugh, I feel like I'm falling to pieces at work. I really need to learn how to say no.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 am 
Chard Martyr

My grandma is dying too. I really had hoped that she could meet my fiance. She is my last grandparent but she lives in England and is far too frail to fly over here for our wedding, so we'd planned to go to England/the UK for our honeymoon, but chances are she won't be around then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 am 

vijita wrote:
My grandma is dying too. I really had hoped that she could meet my fiance. She is my last grandparent but she lives in England and is far too frail to fly over here for our wedding, so we'd planned to go to England/the UK for our honeymoon, but chances are she won't be around then.

I'm so sorry Vijita.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 pm 
Chip Strong

My uncle is at the end of his life. I really want to visit him but I'm sick and I can't see him until I'm better. I threw up at work this morning and was sent home. It's been a pretty terrible Wednesday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm 

People making decisions about my money without me. Hi, guys, I'm an adult, I'll take care of my finances.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:38 pm 
Chard Martyr

jojo wrote:
vijita wrote:

I'm so sorry Vijita.

Thanks! She's actually in a hospital in Brighton...I wish I could afford to fly over.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:26 pm 
Inflexitarian

jojo wrote:
Uch, my phone got stolen, I feel like it's partly my own fault & I have to have my wisdom teeth out & my new dentist was creepy as hell and rude - he told me he hates my piercings and kept telling me I had to clean them with milton & that saline solution has been proven to be useless. Um, I know how to look after my piercings thank you, I've had most of them for 10 years and I'm a trained body piercer.

So, the phone, it fell outa my pocket on the sofa in the dentists waiting room, I didn't notice 'till I was done at the appointment and downstairs waiting for the x-ray results, the guy with the appointment after me was sitting where the phone would have been and when I asked if he'd seen it he said 'was that your phone' and then super quickly backtracked and said 'I haven't seen it, I hope you find it'. Nobody else seemed to hear the first part and I couldn't exactly just start accusing him but he blatantly took it. Nobody else had been there apart from me, my husband, him, the dentist & the receptionist. I then spent the rest of the day using the iPhone tracking thing to chase him & it all over town with no luck and I had to change my passwords to everything I have on there that's linked to my bank account - eBay, Amazon, Etsy etc. I'm really forked off that we now have to find £450 for a new phone.

I also feel forking ridiculous for needing an iPhone this much but I literally use it for everything, it's my ipod, my alarm clock, my way of getting business orders, my camera, how I time my cupcakes. Uch. And yeah, wisdom teeth, that's not free either! Great day.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2526

And I understand, I have friends like that. Phones can be important..

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 pm 

Shanti wrote:
jojo wrote:
Uch, my phone got stolen....

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2526

And I understand, I have friends like that. Phones can be important..

Thanks Shanti, my husband works for Apple so we got all that stuff sorted pretty fast!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 pm 

vijita wrote:
jojo wrote:
vijita wrote:

I'm so sorry Vijita.

Thanks! She's actually in a hospital in Brighton...I wish I could afford to fly over.

If you did find a way to fly over you'd be very welcome to stay in my spare room, I'm a 10 min bus ride away from the hospital.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 pm 
Chard Martyr

Thank you! That is very generous. I appreciate it! I strongly doubt I'll make it over (I have a thesis due, a 6-7-days a week job, and I'm helping my coworker who was in a bad accident out with her animals), but it is lovely to know I'd have a friendly place to crash.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:46 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have a lot of Grandma sympathy. Both my Grandmas have decided to stop...I don't know how to put it...stop trying? To let go? Anyways, they've decided they're done, independently, at the same time. And I'll be traveling for the next few months and won't be able to see them and I will be floored if they're both still here when I return. Not the worst thing today, necessarily, but the sad undercurrent to my life right now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:15 pm 
Semen Strong

Big hugs to all of you worrying about your grandparents <3

I miss my mom. I went hiking near the nursing home she was in before she died, and I remembered so vividly back 4 years ago when I was going to visit her every day at this exact time because she was in the final stages of breast cancer. Man that place sucked so bad. And I miss my mom. The end stages of her life were bad and we had a terrible relationship, but she was my mom and I still miss her. I can almost see her when I close my eyes.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 am 
Grandfathered In

In 8 minutes I get to have (another!) meeting with my manager, where she tells me what I'm doing wrong and which coworkers are mad at me!

I am a shitty employee!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

The cat had diarrhea and so rubbed it (and his asparagus) all over the floor this morning. Lots of fun.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:37 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I just found out my bunny died. We found her in our backyard in January, and she was pretty beat up and malnourished looking. We took her in, and she lived in our house with us until we moved overseas at the end of August. My mother in law has been taking care of her for us since then, and we just got an email that she passed away. It's not a huge surprise because she seemed pretty old, but I am really, really sad. The day we brought her in out of the snow, she spent hours in my lap with a blanket wrapped around her, and she always liked to cuddle. I was worried about bringing her inside at first since we had a cat, but they used to chase each other around all the time, and the bunny would constantly put her head under the cat's butt and try to flip him over which always made us laugh. I'm trying to look on the bright side and think that we made the last year of her life a lot happier than it would have been, but it still hurts really bad.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:57 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Being sad when I hear/see people talk about how much they love their moms. My mother-person is so delusional and thinks we have some chance at a relationship, but it's broken; it has been since I was a young child and it's too late, FAR too late, now. I was at a restaurant and this mom was there with her two girls and she was giving them all this great life advice and being so supportive. If it were my mother, she'd be rattling on about herself endlessly, insulting me/putting me down, and not giving a shiitake about me at all. And the thing is, I don't WANT her to give a shiitake. It's so broken that I don't even want that at all. But it makes me sad when I see other people's relationships.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:59 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

HUGE hugs, paprikapapaya!! HUGE ONES.

I once started tearing um when I saw a mom take her little girl out for manicures and pedicures. Then I told my mom about it and started tearing up again. She accused me of trying to make her feel like she abandoned me. Humf.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:01 pm 

My ears seem to want to start trouble. Hell no, ears. Hell no. We are staying 0 indefinitely and you will like it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Why do people have kids if they don't give a fork about them or their education?

I had to drive 3+ hours rt for parent night and ONE parent showed up.

Now, this was heavily advertised to parents, was fairly late in the evening, had child care available through the child development classes and was only two flipping hours long.

Parents show up for: AP, honors, advanced classes. General "on level" and special education? Nope. Can't be bothered to arse themselves to show up.

Every single study on student achievement has shown than parent involvement is the single biggest factor in student achievement. This is not rocket science. Show the fork up oncein a while and find out what the fizzle your kids do all day and what you can do to help. (oh yeah, and when your kid fails, don't act surprised or blame the teachers.)

Gah!

Out of 96 students, I flat out refuse to believe that 95 had actual real reasons why attending would have been a hardship or impossible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392 ... 619  Next