| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Vaute Couture 2012
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:36 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

vijita wrote:
zwingtip wrote:
I think I'm going to splurge on James, but waxed canvas or dove grey? (also, I'm borderline between XS and S. Anyone with experience in men's sizing know which I should get?)

I bought my boyfriend a Vaute Couture coat a couple of years ago and he needed an XL. He is super tall (6'4"), but also really quite thin. We were shocked that the large was too small for him. So err on the side of larger.

I really want an Emily coat.

Good to know. My husband is tall and thin, too. I wanted to surprise him with a coat for the holidays, but didn't want him to catch me trying to measure him in his sleep.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

How on earth am I supposed to wait for ~November for my coat? I want it noooooow. </whining>

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:48 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

So tempted but not sure if I'll be getting anything this year. I already have three (one from each of the previous years). I'm pretty good for regular winter coats, as mine are all in different styles and lengths. The only one I might get would be the waxed canvas. I tried one on in the store this spring. The collar is almost too big for me, but the lining was super comfy. It looks a lot nicer than my current fall coat.

Got the boy one of the sportier ones last year, and he got himself a waxed canvas one during the original run. I offered to get him a fancy one this year, but he declined.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:17 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Well, since I never heard back from them I guess I won't be ordering. I am afraid it will be too short on the arms anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:23 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Does anyone know when these will ship? I can't find info on the website. I want my coat!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:26 am 
Tofu Pup

DarthCupcake wrote:
Does anyone know when these will ship? I can't find info on the website. I want my coat!

Middle of October. Quote from VC's blog:

"Current Production Schedule: We are currently scheduled to ship out your dress coats in the middle of October, and waxed canvas the end of September early October. You will be notified when your coat ships with tracking from USPS. If there is a delay in the production of your coat we will notify you and we really appreciate your patience! The most current expected ship date will be kept updated on the product pages."
http://onoursleeve.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:10 pm 

Awesome, thank you so much!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I just got my waxed canvas Belden yesterday. I AM IN LOVE. I had it shipped to my work so I unboxed it and put it in my locker, but I really wanted to have a one-person coat parade. I never want to take it off! It's absolutely perfect. Yay!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:32 pm 

If any of you already have a coat from previous years: are these really warm? I am really tempted as I already coveted them last year. But I also don't want to freeze in an expensive coat! It does get pretty cold here in Germany.. thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:02 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Yes, they are quite warm (although you might want someone from a colder place than Tennessee to pipe in).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:49 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yes, they're really warm!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:11 am 
Tofu Pup

Yes they are warm! Here in Finland it was -32 Celsius this past winter at the coldest, and I had absolutely no trouble staying warm.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:41 am 
Chard Martyr

I don't have my own but my boyfriend wore his in -40 Celsius weather plus wind chill (and he grew up in Southern California, so he's not really used to those extreme prairie temperatures) and believes that they are indeed very warm. Leanne designed them for Chicago winters, so she knows what it is like to be cold. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I can't wear mine unless it is super cold out, otherwise I'm too hot in it! I have the El Coat from 2009 and last winter we didn't have any days in Boston cold enough for me to get it out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:42 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

m.iau wrote:
If any of you already have a coat from previous years: are these really warm? I am really tempted as I already coveted them last year. But I also don't want to freeze in an expensive coat! It does get pretty cold here in Germany.. thanks!

I have a Belden. Yes, it's really warm! I wore it all winter last year in Seoul where it gets to -20 C. The problem for Germany (or just Hamburg, really) is that it doesn't come with a hoodie and takes a bit of time to dry. I'll probably enjoy it more once it's below freezing and we get snow instead of rain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:18 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

m.iau wrote:

I think that the warmth of a coat can be pretty subjective sometimes. I love the Vaute Couture coats and have ordered one each of the last 3 years, including this one. They are beautiful, but I can't say that they would keep me warm all winter long. I see people in winter wearing a thin jacket and a heavy sweater and seem perfectly happy and warm, so if you are one of them the coat would work for you. If you usually shiver like a leaf, like me, you might need more than one layer underneath to be truly warm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm 

Tranks everyone. Aelle, yes, rain is definitely an issue around here as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:25 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My jacket came today! It's gorgeous and fits perfectly. The style is very flattering as well. This is the nicest coat I've ever owned.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 am 
WRETCHED

Angelina wrote:
I think that the warmth of a coat can be pretty subjective sometimes. I love the Vaute Couture coats and have ordered one each of the last 3 years, including this one. They are beautiful, but I can't say that they would keep me warm all winter long. I see people in winter wearing a thin jacket and a heavy sweater and seem perfectly happy and warm, so if you are one of them the coat would work for you. If you usually shiver like a leaf, like me, you might need more than one layer underneath to be truly warm.

I'm usually a shiver like a leaf type but they keep me warm. I'm nearing 10 years of living in colder climates and I still struggle with winter clothing. I don't know how to layer but I'm getting better.

Anyway, the thing that annoys me is my legs getting cold. That is the one thing I appreciate about the long coat I bought is it helps kee my legs warm. Where I live, it doesn't get as cold as New York. We see the single digits a couple times per winter, maybe and I don't think I've seen it go below that. Our winter weather is mostly in the 20-30 degrees. I've found my coat warm enough for our coldest weather but again, it depends where you live.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I still don't have a shipping notice. :(

Not that it's been cold enough to wear it anyway, so it's not a big deal, I'm just super excited!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 pm 

I got my shipping notice! I can't wait to receive it. I hope it will become cold enough soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I received my shipping notice today! This *almost* makes me wish for colder weather. *Almost*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:23 pm 

My black Belden arrived today! I think it is seriously the single most beautiful thing I've ever owned. It's so gorgeously made and I feel like SUCH. HOT. shiitake. when I put it on.

California, hurry the hell up and start getting cold! (It is, of course, in the high seventies today. Because the weather is mocking my desire to be beautiful.)

Behold, the crappy cellphone picture! I didn't fold the collar up into cowl mode, but it's amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Oh my gosh I must own that (belden) coat. Is it really true that some of you guys got the coat 50% off by preordering? Curse myself for not preordering! I can't justify that much! Are these coats that are ACTUALLY well made (it seems like nothing, even the most expensive items are well made anymore!) that will last for YEARS? (I'm talking YEARS)

Also, I'm extremely petite (5"2 and very small) will these fit well or be too long?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:54 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have a Belden too. This is only my second winter wearing it, but it seems of very good quality to me. No fraying, the lining is still as good as new, no holes in the pockets. The only thing is I seem to have huge problems with the buttons. I assume it's because I'm fairly busty and the cut doesn't really account for that, so the chest buttons are under a lot of stress. I have to sew them back on regularly.

It does look very fancy. As for the sizes, I'm 5'3" and this is how I look in a L.

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next