| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 224  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I am chatting up a storm with a vegetarian armature photographer, who lives about 25 minutes away from me. Too. good. to. be. true. He's probably a vegetarian cannibal or something. Meh, beggars can't be choosers...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:29 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
Sure they can...Im choosy like a mofo

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

best message so far, from user lovehavingfun20:
god, i would love to spank you ;)

i didn't realize we should get into talking about our kinks so soon! yeah, i didn't reply.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:06 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Second date! This weekend! Whee! I've had pretty dismal luck with OKC, partly because of where I live--there just aren't a lot of people my age with my interests within 20 miles of me--so I'm pretty stoked.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:32 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

So... I took my down my OKC profile yesterday, for the second time. This time I have a feeling it's going to stay down for a while.

I'll spare you the long and boring details, but this weekend when I said "I do really like you, I'm just a little tentative because the last person I was honest with about those feelings took the hell off and ran away," he immediately responded with "I'm not going anywhere." I... I just have something in my eye! *sniff*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:41 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Awwwww Erika, that sounds awesome!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:14 pm 

Think i scared off a potential date. He asked what i look for in a guy and i said financial stability. I supported a brokeazz a long time ago and wont do it again. In other news, a guy i went on a date with last week asked me to do something this weekend. Hes about as exciting as cardboard, but it beats the alternative - sitting home alone with nothing to do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:25 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

ScooterDiva wrote:
Think i scared off a potential date. He asked what i look for in a guy and i said financial stability. I supported a brokeazz a long time ago and wont do it again.

and fair enough! dodging a bullet is a nicer way of putting 'scared off' :)

ScooterDiva wrote:
In other news, a guy i went on a date with last week asked me to do something this weekend. Hes about as exciting as cardboard, but it beats the alternative - sitting home alone with nothing to do.

blegh, be careful about mixed messages.. because that (without any other context) would certainly say 'I'm interested'. and if you're not, then at least suggest that it's hanging out as friends?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:32 pm 

Thanks, joshua. He doesnt even seem the type to ever make a move, so if and when it comes to rhat i'll be sure to be upfront with him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Feeling particularly disheartened recently. No messages. I'm not putting huge effort into it though, so I guess I should kind of not be surprised. I did message a woman recently and nada so far. I need to actually put effort into this or flirting/meeting new people in real life. Because apparently I want to be in a relationship/am ready to be in one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 am 

ScooterDiva wrote:
Thanks, joshua. He doesnt even seem the type to ever make a move, so if and when it comes to rhat i'll be sure to be upfront with him.

I think you should drop in the friend word before you see him again, he might have other ideas and no one likes having their time wasted :/

Veggie photographer and I have been chittering up a storm every day for nearly two weeks. No chat up stuffs, it's mostly photography. He's been helping me with some technical issues. He's super smart, seems a little eccentric and makes me laugh every day with his random humour. I think there's a friendship there, regardless of anything else.

I had delayed on asking to meet him because he has only dated once splitting with his long term ex last year and that experience nearly put him off online dating. But, he made mention today of us perhaps meeting up, so I suggested a collective art exhibition & coffee on Sunday. I've already said I owe him cookies for all his help so I'll have to get baking!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:54 pm 

Don't know if the below belongs in this thread or worst things thread. Had 2nd date w/boring guy last night - we went to the movies and things went much better. We had a drink afterwards, and as he walked me to my car, I tripped and did a huge face plant. My purse and everything in it went flying. I seriously thought I was auditioning to be the new Bridget Jones. It was completely embarrassing and ungraceful. He was very helpful and picked up my purse and all of its contents and we walked the rest of the way to my car. I mustn't have fazed him too much because he gave me a good night kiss and told me he'd be in touch. I'm still mortified about it today and can't seem to forget it. Can't wait until I'm able to actually laugh about it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:57 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ScooterDiva, oh man, that sounds awful! However, if you two keep dating it means there will be GREAT story material!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:07 pm 

So, gallery turned into failed attempt to photograph firework's display (raining and couldn't get parked) followed by coffee... where he loved the cookies I baked as a thank you for all his help and heaps of photography talk... followed by splitting an Indian takeaway at my house. So lovely to share a meal with another veg*n! Ended up having a full day together, it was very respectful and ended with a hug and talk of keeping in contact. Feels ambiguous, which is a kinda nice change from the full on guys, but I'm hoping we do get to hang out together again. It was a lovely day.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

that sounds fantastic fezza! so glad to hear you had a good time with a respectful gentleman.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 pm 

Awe, thank you! He text when he got home to say we should do it again. We're planning on an outing with the cameras, which is pretty damn cool!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:49 pm 
Dead by dawn

ScooterDiva wrote:
Don't know if the below belongs in this thread or worst things thread. Had 2nd date w/boring guy last night - we went to the movies and things went much better. We had a drink afterwards, and as he walked me to my car, I tripped and did a huge face plant. My purse and everything in it went flying. I seriously thought I was auditioning to be the new Bridget Jones. It was completely embarrassing and ungraceful. He was very helpful and picked up my purse and all of its contents and we walked the rest of the way to my car. I mustn't have fazed him too much because he gave me a good night kiss and told me he'd be in touch. I'm still mortified about it today and can't seem to forget it. Can't wait until I'm able to actually laugh about it.

Oh man, SD. Things can only get better from here, right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 am 

Thanks all. At first i wasnt really into him but now i really think I'll be sad if i dont hear back from him - from my own stupidity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:24 am 
Semen Strong

Good luck fezza and SD!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:29 am 

Thanks tofulish! And yes, good luck to fezza! Sounds like you had a great time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:59 am 

Thanks guys! Good luck to you too SD, I'm sure it'll not put him off. If it was me, I would text him and laugh about how embarrassed I was, get it out of the way before seeing him again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:16 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ScooterDiva wrote:
Thanks all. At first i wasnt really into him but now i really think I'll be sad if i dont hear back from him - from my own stupidity.

Aww, try not to worry about it. Everyone is clumsy sometimes. And I would consider someone who wouldn't call back because you tripped to be a bullet dodged, but that's just me.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:52 am 

Just arranged to go to photograph a halloween parade and seafront firework display at the weekend with veggie photographer. He's hoping for dry weather!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Still not dating (lol) but I definitely have a new friend. I've decided friends are good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:12 am 
Not NOT A Furry

i have a date with a vegetarian coming up on saturday! otherwise i haven't really been exchanging a lot of messages with people. when i glance through profile views or at matches, i end up feeling a little perplexed: not knowing what to say, if i'm interested, or if i even want to make the effort. maybe i should move to a different part of the country.... all these right-wing christians are KILLING my sex drive ;)

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 5591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 224  Next