I have this book and really like it. However, the soups can be very labour intensive but I think the taste more than makes up for it. Such simple ingredients can go a long way.
I have tried:
- Green Soup with Ginger (very good but I preferred it before pureeing it)
- Springtime Mushroom Barley Soup (aka Barley, Asparagus, Mushroom and Fennel Soup)
- Pickle Soup (probably my favourite)
- Finnish Double Pea Stew with Apples
- Caramelized Cabbage Soup
- Roasted Carrot and Lentil Soup with Harissa and Mint (very good)
- Spicy Black Bean Soup with Sweet Red Peppers (very good)
- Spicy Indonesian Yam and Peanut Soup
- Pureed Soup of Carrot and Yam with Citrus and Spices
- Warm Lentil and Swiss Chard Salad
Hope this helps! Let me know how the recipes go for you, too.