| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 pm 
Dead by dawn

Seriously, the only reason I watch is for the singing. I want to hear singing. (OK, so I watch a little because I want to lick Adam Levine, but my point stands: more singing, less background stuff. Unless Adam is in it.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

monkeytoes wrote:
Seriously, the only reason I watch is for the singing. I want to hear singing. (OK, so I watch a little because I want to lick Adam Levine, but my point stands: more singing, less background stuff. Unless Adam is in it.)

Totally agree!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Me three plus yummy..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:41 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

So when y'all were talking about an annoying redhead last week, I thought for sure it was Chevonne even though I couldn't remember whose team she was on and I was bummed when I had to watch her this week. I wonder if Christina really wanted her on her team, though, or if she just picked her since she had her save left and there was no other choice. To me, her performance was just painful to watch.

Who wants to bet on whether we're going to see all of the knockout rounds or if we'll get a bunch smashed together. Personally, I'd be shocked if they showed them all, but at this point in the competition, I feel like everyone deserves to have a full song heard.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 am 

This shows scheduling makes my head hurt. But the good news is that live shows start Nov.5, according to this press release.

Other changes include:
-The knockout rounds will take place over two 2-hour episodes next week

-In the first phase of the live rounds, of the five artists per team, the two artists with most votes will go through, as well as one artist picked by the coach, will go through to Top 12.

-From Top 12 onwards, the two artists with lowest votes - regardless of which team they're on - will be eliminated. (I really like this new rule. It bugged me last season that each coach had to have someone in the finals because I thought some people sent home were better than those left. I have a hard time believing that NBC would actually let a coach not be in the finals, though.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I thought the knockouts were pretty fun..at least they didn't cut anyone out! I didn't agree with a few of the choices, especially that last one-Diego. Ugh! I don't particularly like Caitlin Michele's personality/performance, but at least she can sing. Diego hardly even sang in his performance..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:35 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I haven't hated anything on this show as much as I hated that kid's performance of Call Me Maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

elouise wrote:
I haven't hated anything on this show as much as I hated that kid's performance of Call Me Maybe.

I didn't know the song, so it didn't bother me, but I remember how much I despised that one AWFUL rendition of Heart Shaped Box..so this might be similar for fans of the original song.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:58 pm 

allychristine wrote:
elouise wrote:

I didn't know the song, so it didn't bother me, but I remember how much I despised that one AWFUL rendition of Heart Shaped Box..so this might be similar for fans of the original song.

I'm not a huge fan of CMM,the original or Mackenzie's version last night, however, imo, it was nowhere near as horrendous as HSB was last season.

I still don't get the Diego love. And I didn't love Caitlin Michele's performance, but at least she showed she could sound like someone other than Florence by sounding exactly like the chick from Evanescence.

Was I the only one who was shocked that Avery went home? Sure he wasn't his best, but after all the talk of him winning the whole thing in previous weeks, I thought for sure that he was guaranteed a spot in the lives.

I was amazed that they got through everyones full song last night. Now if only they'd do that during the auditions/battle rounds. I'm interested in some of Blake's pairings tonight. I don't really see a ton that'll be compatible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Oh, I don't have an opinion about the original song, it's just that his version was so cutesy and contrived and it was obvious that he thought he was doing something, like, SUPER CREATIVE AND UNIQUE. Also that kid's voice has this squeaky pubescent quality that I find really grating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:23 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I thought CeeLo made some really odd choices. First, I thought pairing Terisa and Trevin was a mistake. Why pair your two best singers which guarantees that you lose one of them? Fool! And other than Cody, I thought he made the wrong decision with each match up.

I thought Adam's team was great. He had stronger singers to start with than CeeLo, and I thought he made better choices with respect to his battles. I would not be surprised if Amanda wins the whole thing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

DEG wrote:
I thought CeeLo made some really odd choices. First, I thought pairing Terisa and Trevin was a mistake. Why pair your two best singers which guarantees that you lose one of them? Fool! And other than Cody, I thought he made the wrong decision with each match up.

I thought Adam's team was great. He had stronger singers to start with than CeeLo, and I thought he made better choices with respect to his battles. I would not be surprised if Amanda wins the whole thing

I don't think Cee lo ever really wanted Terisa.. he didn't choose her, then seemed kinda pressured into stealing her. She was a great solid singer, but nothing really unique about her (is I think part of it). but I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:25 pm 
Dead by dawn

allychristine wrote:
elouise wrote:

You know, ever since that HSB episode, every time I hear that song I turn it up and just savor Kurt's vocals... sooner or later it's bound to wipe out the memory of that butchering...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:30 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I didn't watch last season, so I (unwisely) went to youtube to see this Heart-Shaped Box atrocity. Wow - that was BAD.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

^It was the worst!

I did not agree with Blake keeping Julio based on those performances.. I thought his song was a bit weird, but MarissaAnn did a great job. Also, Cassadee was like glaring at Susanna during her performance.

Terry M. was my favorite tonight.

Cee lo seemed especially......happy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 pm 

zelavie wrote:
I didn't watch last season, so I (unwisely) went to youtube to see this Heart-Shaped Box atrocity. Wow - that was BAD.

If you want to watch another bad performance from last year, youtube Erin Martin's battle round. I forget who she battled, although I remember it was a duo, but it was totally cringeworthy. What I don't get about the whole HSB thing was how everyone minus Blake thought it was the best thing they'd ever heard. And if he really is 36 like he said last night, I find it really hard to believe he'd never heard of Nirvana before.

Love Terry and Michaela(sp?). How she ended up with Blake is still a mystery, though.

Did not like the girl who sang Fighter. And there needs to be a rule against singing Xtina, Mariah, Whitney, etc. People, you're never going to sing it as well as it was originally sung, so rather than do a half-assed performance, sing something where you can really shine.

Someone with a better memory than me, did any of the coaches actually end up keeping a contestant they stole or was that whole thing just a giant waste?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:22 pm 

Quote:
Someone with a better memory than me, did any of the coaches actually end up keeping a contestant they stole or was that whole thing just a giant waste?

I think Adam kept both his steals, but I could be mis-remembering. Amanda was definitely a steal though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:57 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

allychristine wrote:
I did not agree with Blake keeping Julio based on those performances.. I thought his song was a bit weird, but MarissaAnn did a great job.

I might have been yelling at Blake through the TV when he made that decision. I thought she absolutely killed him in that battle, and he just kept Julio for personality. But that's okay, because I want to see Adam win. So anything Blake can do to handicap his team is okay with me. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Terry and Amanda are my favorites from these teams..Amanda's performance was amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh man, Amanda's performance made me grin involuntarily (at the end, when the "dream on"s goes from low to high) and I was all fluttery when she was done. So good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Amanda and De'Borah are my favorites. They're the ones that just really stand out for me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 am 

I watched this last night because watching election stuff was making me too anxious. Really like Terry, Michaela, Bryan, and Amanda. Amanda just continues to blow me away with each performance.

Can we start a fund to get Adam a new shirt, though? I mean, at least he was only wearing the holey shirt during rehearsals, unlike last week, but still, dude has to have more than one non-holey shirt, right?

DEG, thanks for the info re:steals.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:49 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

gaia13 wrote:
Can we start a fund to get Adam a new shirt, though? I mean, at least he was only wearing the holey shirt during rehearsals, unlike last week, but still, dude has to have more than one non-holey shirt, right?

No! Holes=more Adam skin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

This week's TV schedule is messing with me. I missed Monday's show because of work, and as much as I like The Voice, Survivor and Modern Family own my Wednesday. I guess I'll watch on hulu.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 pm 

Amanda is seriously amazing. And I want to not like Michaela for some reason, but she really does have an amazing voice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next