| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV) NO COMIC SPOILERS!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

So in the pic of his family, the wife looks a little like Andrea. Then there was a brunette in his bed. I think he's going to try to trade in for a more wife-like woman.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:02 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

IsaChandra wrote:
So in the pic of his family, the wife looks a little like Andrea. Then there was a brunette in his bed. I think he's going to try to trade in for a more wife-like woman.

I totally thought this too! Earlier in the episode I was all 'why does Andrea have curlier hair now?', and then photo-wife had curly hair so I figured they were trying to set something up there.

I liked this episode much more than the others so far this season. The pace was a lot better- heaps of stuffed happened, but it didn't feel like rushed flailing, like I thought the prison episodes kind of did in parts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Erinnerung wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

I totally thought this too!

me too! Plus he made that creepster comment to her...about "seeing something you like" or whathaveyou.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:02 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

When he said that I got really bad omg-did-they-fall-into-rapeville thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:43 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

The governor has cult leader written all over him. The townspeople seem so brainwashed, but that could be just a side effect of living in zombie world. I dunno. I don't get the heads in the tanks.

My husband has read all the comics so I kept saying "tell me", "no don't tell me", "tell me", "no don't tell me" :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:56 pm 
ugh

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

...aquariums? What the fork.

Yeah, I'm a couple of days behind. But, wow. I have many of the same questions as the rest of you. Man, in the post-apocalyptic wasteland, why can't anyone ever be genuinely nice?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Goodbye, pets! Hello, Merle!

I thought they might drag out the reveal of the rotten core behind the facade of Woodbury and the Governor, but dragging things out doesn't seem to be very high on the agenda this season.

I think they should market a zombie head aquarium. It will be this year's must have Christmas gift!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:10 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

The governor totally wants to hook up with Andrea and she knows it. I'm glad Michonne has her head on straight and knows there is something forked up about woodbury, but will they let her out or put her head in the aquarium too? Is it bad that this episode was way more interesting without showing the rest of the cast at all? It was good to get a break from them, but I do want to know who or what was watching Carol perform her practice surgery on that walker.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 am 
Bathes in Braggs

There is a really good series of webisodes on youtube that show that zombie in her last days as a woman and how she came to be in the park like that.

b.vicious wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:17 am 
Bathes in Braggs

solipsistnation wrote:
...aquariums? What the fork.

Yeah, I'm a couple of days behind. But, wow. I have many of the same questions as the rest of you. Man, in the post-apocalyptic wasteland, why can't anyone ever be genuinely nice?

I've had the same thought. Yes, there will be people like Merle in a post apocalypse anarchy, but I have been surprised with how many survivors are automatically hostile toward other survivors. You would think with spending all their time dodging monsters they would be relieved to find other human beings. I guess it is the competition for resources. You can't be sure who is going to kill you for what you have or do that as a prophylactic against you doing that to them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:20 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Pyewacket wrote:

I was surprised by Merle's sober demeanor and how much he functioned in the teamwork of Woodbury. To be fair, the only episode we saw his character in was when he was on drugs.

Quote:
I thought they might drag out the reveal of the rotten core behind the facade of Woodbury and the Governor, but dragging things out doesn't seem to be very high on the agenda this season.

Thankfully, I just hope they don't go to the other extreme. Caring about the characters, IMHO, is what made TWD interesting where I never found zombie movies interesting.

Quote:
I think they should market a zombie head aquarium. It will be this year's must have Christmas gift!

I can totally see that being popular.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 am 
Bathes in Braggs

boychucker wrote:
The governor totally wants to hook up with Andrea and she knows it. I'm glad Michonne has her head on straight and knows there is something forked up about woodbury, but will they let her out or put her head in the aquarium too? Is it bad that this episode was way more interesting without showing the rest of the cast at all? It was good to get a break from them, but I do want to know who or what was watching Carol perform her practice surgery on that walker.

I got the impression that Andrea was interested in the governor. Given that they blindfolded them on the way in it seems unlikely they would let them leave. I too found the switch in stories to be refreshing. I remember reading that it is a standard thing to breathe new life into old shows by introducing new characters. I still think TWD is in its prime, but maybe they could get rid of some of the story elements that are getting tired.....like Lori :). Oddly, Carol getting ready to do surgery on the zombie really freaked me out despite seeing all of the other gross things in the series thus far.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I totally thought it was going to be merle watching carol, but it wasn't! so who was it!?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Is it just me or wouldn't it be kind of nice to stay in Woodbury even if it's run a little bit.... weird? Depending on how weird of course, it does seem to be nicer to stay in that kind of place rather than being on constant zombie watch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:00 am 
Bathes in Braggs

pannkakan wrote:
Is it just me or wouldn't it be kind of nice to stay in Woodbury even if it's run a little bit.... weird? Depending on how weird of course, it does seem to be nicer to stay in that kind of place rather than being on constant zombie watch.

I had the same thought.

The prison seems like the best deal as far as safety goes, but even if that place could be cleaned up it wouldn't be pleasant to live in it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:04 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pannkakan wrote:

I agree. As long as they're not killing or experimenting on the residents, why not?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:37 am 
Bathes in Braggs

You would have to live with knowing that innocent people were being killed for your supplies. I know the governor lied about that, but in a groups as small as 70 people you would likely find out what is going on eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:45 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

creep wrote:
pannkakan wrote:

I agree. As long as they're not killing or experimenting on the residents, why not?

i totally disagree! even if i had a comfortable place to sleep and food, personally, i would not trade any amount of freedom for that. even if the people there don't know what's going on there are curfews and having just one leader who controls everything makes it feel very nazi germany to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:21 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

it's easy to say i'd never put up with that stuff now, but i haven't spent a year or so trying to sleep in zombie-infested woods or whatever. a warm bed and running water and food might be worth the sacrifice of some degree of personal liberty if i'd been through everything andrea's been through. i have no idea whether my personal survival mode would make me more or less willing to trust that situation, as it is a completely untested mode. i hope i'd demand that they return my weapons, but maybe i'd beg for tea and shampoo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

beforewisdom wrote:
You would have to live with knowing that innocent people were being killed for your supplies. I know the governor lied about that, but in a groups as small as 70 people you would likely find out what is going on eventually.

well, maybe not. and as history has proven over and over again, even when the wrongdoing seems obvious, people are frighteningly willing to hear and see no evil. i mean, who intervenes in a scuffle on the street (besides ryan gosling)? in general, people will act like things are o.k. as long as they are o.k. themselves, or if they think it's the best way to ensure their continued safety. self-preservation is a powerful instinct.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:10 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

ijustdiedinside wrote:
creep wrote:
pannkakan wrote:

i totally disagree! even if i had a comfortable place to sleep and food, personally, i would not trade any amount of freedom for that. even if the people there don't know what's going on there are curfews and having just one leader who controls everything makes it feel very nazi germany to me.

I think it would be really unsettling to know that like..if you say, broke your leg, you might be shot in the head. TRUST NO ONE. I'd much rather be in a small group that includes a veterinarian.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ijustdiedinside wrote:
pickledtreats wrote:
I wonder what the back story is on the governor. He wouldn't reveal his name and he seems to be pretty skilled at his "job" - maybe a criminal or leader of a militant group?

OR maybe he's a part of whatever it is that created the virus and so he feels guilty and goes in his sad room to stare at the zombie heads?

#queenofmeaninglessspeculation

i was guessing serial killer! i don't think he has any issues with guilt or he probably wouldn't have murdered all those soldiers.

I dunno. People do a lot of crazy shiitake in the name of some "greater good" - he could be totally delusional about why he has to do those things. But I like the serial killer idea better! Might explain why he doesn't want to give his name?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:27 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I thought it would be awesome if he turned out to be the actual Governor from before the zombietimes, but I guess they would have recognized him if that were the case. I love the idea of our real political leaders turning out to be blatantly insane and horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

beforewisdom wrote:
Pyewacket wrote:

I was surprised by Merle's sober demeanor and how much he functioned in the teamwork of Woodbury. To be fair, the only episode we saw his character in was when he was on drugs.

Yeah, I wonder about ol' Merle. Clearly, Merle's relationship to the Governor is a mirror of Daryl's relationship to Rick. Merle has been shown to have a problem with authority, though. I can definitely see him having issues with playing the Alpha Dog's enforcer.

pannkakan wrote:

Woodbury is a great idea, in principle. It would be brilliant but for the whole psychopathic strongman leader aspect. Having someone a bit more sane at the top would be a big improvement. Personally, though, I'd rather set up an anarcho-syndicalist commune.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 34  Next