| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1125, 1126, 1127, 1128, 1129, 1130, 1131 ... 1888  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Fee wrote:
I've got a guilty pleasure. I've always been one of those people who loves junk food, I never really get the pleasure of saying "I don't even like chocolate" or "I don't eat donuts" but at work everyone is so used to me refusing their treats that everyone just assumes I'm this health nut who is above candy and sweets. I'm so not, I just can't because it's not vegan, but it makes me feel wickedly superior to be all "no thankyou" to candy. And when someone chimes in "FEE DOESN'T EAT CANDY" I'm like THAT'S RIGHT, I'M HEALTHY (when I'm at work)

I kind of have that rep at work too. Which is ridiculous, because I eat like crepe at work (I always forget to bring a lunch, and we are in the middle of nowhere so a potato chip lunch is a common occurrence, and I DO love me some chips), but we'll have someone bring in like brushetta or something (vegan even) and they're always like "Oh. Gabrielle won't eat that. It has olive oil." WHAT! Just give me the forking brushetta.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:03 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh for fork's sake. First my email dropped off my phone and I couldn't set it back up. Then I lost my data connection entirely. I just spent an hour on the phone with my carrier trying everything under the sun, up to and including a hard reset. Nothing worked, the rep concluded that my phone had bitten the dust, and ordered me a replacement. Now it works just fine. what the fizzle, phone?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

starrynight87 wrote:
I'm appreciating the workout the trick-or-treaters are giving me this year. My apartment is on the second floor, but I have my own private entrance on the first, with an open staircase up to my place. Every time someone knocks on the door, I have to run down the stairs.

P.S. I just finished making apple chips and my hands smell like cinnamon!

Do you have a good recipe for that? My apple chips usually end up sad and shriveled and indelible....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 am 
Inflexitarian

I have a bruise which has gotten a lot worse after attending a metal concert and moshing all night. Like, it's super dark. Could it be skin cancer?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

okay, I have painted my nails, cleaned my kitchen, livingroom, and bathroom, and done 2 hours of embroidery and it's only 2am and what else can I do to pass the time? suggestions? I can't concentrate to read and I get antsy when I'm just watching stuff.

open to any suggestions at all

not playing the sleep game very well right now.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Loud music and crying into my pillow is what I did. ^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Going to go explore an asian food supermarket today for the first time. I'm fantasizing about finding black salt. I probably won't but a girl can dream!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:19 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

daisychain wrote:
Going to go explore an asian food supermarket today for the first time. I'm fantasizing about finding black salt. I probably won't but a girl can dream!

if you don't let me know and I can pop you a bag in the post. I have pretty cheap and easy access to it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Efcliz wrote:
daisychain wrote:

if you don't let me know and I can pop you a bag in the post. I have pretty cheap and easy access to it.

Yeah, I'm available for posting things from up norf too, and can get black salt.

fork this migraine! I don't know if it's because I indulged in forbidden foods (banananananananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!), slept wrong or it's because shark week is heavier than normal. But 3 forking days of feeling like crepe is enough thank you very much. I can't sleep at bedtime so am ending up lying too late, which is probably making it worse. My crush "duded" me in an email last night and I almost had a little melt down... I think it's a sign my hormones are a little unsettled... I'll be putting Bridget Jones' Diary on any time now and sobbing behind a pillow at this rate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Someone set up a meeting for the FR dept at 1pm - which is right in the middle of lunchtime. So the other admin and I had to go to lunch at noon (and didn't actually get to lunch until nearly 12.15) then sit on the phone for, essentially, 2 hours (so the 2 FR admin who answer the phones can have their meeting and then go to lunch). Why would someone schedule a non-lunch team meeting at lunchtime?! But we're getting our revenge by setting up a working lunch out of the office next Tuesday. HA!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I literally cannot concentrate in this open office environment. There's 14 people in a small room, and at any given time, there's at least two conversations going on, and it's so distracting. I need the ability to concentrate, given that I do creative work and that doesn't happen in a loud, BRIGHT (so much fluorescent lighting) environment. I had a nice, dark, spacious office before, where I could buckle down and whip out work. The forking facilities management people have this idea that people work better in this type of chaotic environment. fork them, they've ruined so much I loved about my job.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:34 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Tea wrote:
I have a bruise which has gotten a lot worse after attending a metal concert and moshing all night. Like, it's super dark. Could it be skin cancer?

I don't play a dr on tv, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say its just a bruise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks guys. I was incredibly happy when I found it. I also bough 2kg bags for black eyed peas and kidney beans. That place is amazing. Beans are a fraction of the price than in Tesco.

I went a bit wild and bought a new bra, pjs, gloves and a hat. I can rarely find a bra that fits me so I was thrilled to find one that was 50% off, my size and very pretty. The rest were pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

happy world vegan day :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 am 
Inflexitarian

lavawitch wrote:
Tea wrote:

I don't play a dr on tv, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say its just a bruise.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just read on the internet that melanoma can look like a bruise in the early stages, and since I don't actually remember specifically where the bruise came from, and it's REALLY dark, I was feeling a little bit worried. I have a bad habit of doing that (worrying about trivially minor medical things).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:11 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tea wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
Tea wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. I just read on the internet that melanoma can look like a bruise in the early stages, and since I don't actually remember specifically where the bruise came from, and it's REALLY dark, I was feeling a little bit worried. I have a bad habit of doing that (worrying about trivially minor medical things).

When you poke it, does it hurt?

BOOBER: HUGZ! Thinking about you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

paprikapapaya wrote:
I literally cannot concentrate in this open office environment. There's 14 people in a small room, and at any given time, there's at least two conversations going on, and it's so distracting. I need the ability to concentrate, given that I do creative work and that doesn't happen in a loud, BRIGHT (so much fluorescent lighting) environment. I had a nice, dark, spacious office before, where I could buckle down and whip out work. The forking facilities management people have this idea that people work better in this type of chaotic environment. fork them, they've ruined so much I loved about my job.

Can you listen to music on headphones? I have a graphic designer friend who works in an open office like that, and he just listens to music all day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 am 
Kale Wreath

creep wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

Can you listen to music on headphones? I have a graphic designer friend who works in an open office like that, and he just listens to music all day.

Yeah, I've worked at two open-concept design offices, and the difference between one (nightmare) and the other (awesome) was at least 50% due to being able to listen to music. Of course, the other 50% was my crasshole boss (who didn't let people listen to music because he wanted to be able to get everyone's attention at all times). But anyway, I think headphones would help a lot, unless you've already tried them. I totally hear you on not being able to concentrate - I can't imagine ever focusing on anything in an open-concept office without headphones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Fortunately, I can listen to music. I've been finding that listening to good music breaks my concentration too, but perhaps I should give it another shot. So frustrating...the president of the company I work for keeps talking about how younger people LOVE open office offices; how it promotes collaboration, socialization and creativity. Dude, I'm young, and I hate this shiitake. It stunts creativity, and I hate collaboration!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

even in a cubicle setup, i was totally distracted by other people. i used to listen to npr on my headphones; i usually turned the volume way down, so i could hear people talking but not make out what was being said. it was basically white noise drowning out the conversations going on around me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 pm 
WELFARIST!

paprikapapaya wrote:
Fortunately, I can listen to music. I've been finding that listening to good music breaks my concentration too, but perhaps I should give it another shot. So frustrating...the president of the company I work for keeps talking about how younger people LOVE open office offices; how it promotes collaboration, socialization and creativity. Dude, I'm young, and I hate this shiitake. It stunts creativity, and I hate collaboration!

I'm young and hate collaborating and find other people doing or saying things in my little area to be distracting, too. I need my bubble for creativity!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:45 pm 
WRETCHED

A friend asked me to do a favor for a project she is working on for an international, well recognized organization. Basically, they need experts in various fields, mine included, to rate group projects presented by high school students. I figured, sure, why not? I can tell you why not, they are horrible. I figured since they had a teacher as a sponsor it wouldn't be that bad and I could be not be too critical. The problem is they are so bad, don't meet the objectives and I want to give every one I read a low score.

I don't know what I am going to do. I can either rate them poorly but then feel bad that I'm being too critical. Or not rate them at all and feel bad for letting my friend down.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Yesterday's dinner was awesome! The risotto lacked a bit of salt but everyone loved the grilled tempeh and mushrooms and the cookies and muffins. Yay! We got all a little drunk, played Scrabble, and had an awesome time. Then they all left except my bf, and a song came on the playlist that I hadn't heard in like 20 years and I got all emotional and started crying and telling him how I'm a bad person and nobody should care for me and blah blah blah. Yes I blame the aperol spritz and the song but still. what the fizzle emotions??
Now everything is ok.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:03 pm 
WELFARIST!

paprikapapaya wrote:

I feel you! I need silence when I'm in creative mode and noise distracts me. I hate collaborating too. This is how collaboration works for me: I either wind up doing the whole thing on behalf of everyone, or have minimal involvement. It's not them, either, it's me. I just can't seem to find that happy collaborative medium as others seem to do. I'm always better off working independently, and it sounds like you are, too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:11 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Two days ago we had a guy from roto rooter come out and look at our pipes. He clearly had no idea what he was doing (turned out he was a physical therapist, not a plumber!) and instead of fixing things, he broke one of the pipes. He asked us if we had any duct tape, so we gave him some and he put it on the broken pipe. He left and his supervisor came out and started to yell at us, saying it was very bad that we put duct tape on a pipe, and we should never do that. We had to explain to him that his employee did that! The supervisor did nothing, just looked at it and said someone would be out the next day. So two guys showed up yesterday, looked at the pipe, said "yeah, it's broken. We'll report it, and they'll send someone out to look at it, and then that person will make a report, and then a plumber will be sent out... " And at that point, my dad was super pissed off and basically said, "No, you guys broke it, and you need to fix it, NOW. We can't just not use water for a week because one of your employees forked up." So they promised to come back and fix it first thing in the morning. They have been here for over 6 1/2 hours now, and it's still not fixed. We can't use any water, flush toilets, etc. until it is fixed. So I think the moral of the story is don't ever call roto-rooter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1125, 1126, 1127, 1128, 1129, 1130, 1131 ... 1888  Next