| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boston people
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:48 am 
Flounceiad 2011

ndpittman wrote:
I felt bad, but I had to ask him for a picture. He got Salted Caramel with Oreos and mochi. (I got cardamom pistachio in a sugar cone, if you were wondering, lol.) Didn't say much because once I got the picture other people came over and asked, too. He did say that he's been vegan for 5 years and veg for 20. I wanted to tell him how much I admired that and him as an actor, but instead I apologized and told him to enjoy his ice cream.
Super cool! I always like to hear that celebrities (especially vegan celebrities) are nice!
Amy wrote:
Also I had no idea about this place. So it's not too coconutty? I'm more a fan of soy, but I definitely want to try most of these flavors (salted caramel and dark n' stormy, please!).
My partner brought home a pint each of the dark n' stormy and the cardamom pistachio last night and OH. MY. GOD. So damn good, particularly the pistachio one; I kind of want to be left alone in a room with an endless supply of it (don't judge!). And I can't speak for other flavors, but neither of them was coconutty at all. I can't wait to go in and have a cone!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:53 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

When they get their soft serve straightened out I am done for. I might as well move to Allston. I've tried cherry amaretto, cake batter, and pistachio cardamom, and none tasted very coconut-y to me at all. I want to try all of the flavors! I want to be 32 flavors and then some. Um, what?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Desdemona wrote:
My partner brought home a pint each of the dark n' stormy and the cardamom pistachio last night and OH. MY. GOD. So damn good, particularly the pistachio one; I kind of want to be left alone in a room with an endless supply of it (don't judge!). And I can't speak for other flavors, but neither of them was coconutty at all. I can't wait to go in and have a cone!

YOU CAN TAKE HOME PINTS?! It's a trek out to Allston, so I wasn't sure it was worth it for just a cone's worth... BUT PINTS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:35 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

vegetalion wrote:
Desdemona wrote:

YOU CAN TAKE HOME PINTS?! It's a trek out to Allston, so I wasn't sure it was worth it for just a cone's worth... BUT PINTS!
SWEAR TO GOD. DO IT.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:38 am 
ugh

Hi Boston-area friends, just signal boosting this request (not at all veganism related) http://newwavefeminism.tumblr.com/post/ ... -need-help

Quote:
Alright so I’m teaching a weekly journalism class to a handful of 6th graders in Dorchester (Boston). Its every Wednesday this semester in the 3-6pm time block. As a part of the work we’re doing and projects we’re taking on, I would love for them to work with people in the community that can really make their work meaningful. Please drop me a message if you (or someone you know) would like to volunteer time or resources and are the following:

- any local independent media sources who would like to discuss how you came together or do the work you do. Or you would be open to letting 6th graders have guest spots in your publication.
- you’re not necessarily involved with media but have a skill or specialty and would be willing to be interviewed by a 6th grader. People who do music, small business owners, activists, athletes - basically if you do something that you’d love to share with 6th graders or you think your story can help inspire them to write great articles & grow up to be awesome people!

I know there are some PPKers with cool jobs out there who would be great for this!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:47 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Hm, Well, my job's not super exciting, but it is in an exciting company! We're doing really cool work in people's homes, though I kind of doubt advisors could have kids tag along on their jobs.. So I'm not sure I'd qualify, but this looks really cool. Wish I could go to the page, but I can't because tumblr is blocked here. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:37 am 
ugh

The grilled tofu sandwich is no longer on Flour's regular menu. It is a sad day. (Luckily I happened to discover this today, when they have that same sandwich as the daily special!)

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

oh no! we went there 2x during PAX last year. it was so convenient.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm 
ugh

They do have other vegan things - a hummus wrap, quinoa tofu salad - but that sandwich was my favorite so I want to stop going there out of spite.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

b.vicious wrote:
The grilled tofu sandwich is no longer on Flour's regular menu. It is a sad day. (Luckily I happened to discover this today, when they have that same sandwich as the daily special!)

Whaaat?? That was a good sandwich! Sad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:45 pm 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

sadface. i love that sandwich

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:41 pm 
WELFARIST!

b.vicious wrote:

The one with the olive tapenade?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 am 

I generally don't love black olives, but that sandwich was so much better than the boring generic hummus wrap.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:05 am 
ugh

Yes, that's the one, Mr. Shankly. I have already whined on their Facebook page if you folks want to do the same. Maybe we can convince them to put it back?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 pm 
WELFARIST!

b.vicious wrote:
Yes, that's the one, Mr. Shankly. I have already whined on their Facebook page if you folks want to do the same. Maybe we can convince them to put it back?

I'm doing this. It's very rare to find such a unique vegan sandwich from a non-vegan restaurant. I love hummus but I don't like it being my only option everywhere I go.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:21 pm 
ugh

Did you guys know Peace O'Pie carries Soy Curls? I just noticed this on their where to buy page. Glad to know I can avoid the shipping costs now!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

b.vicious wrote:
Did you guys know Peace O'Pie carries Soy Curls? I just noticed this on their where to buy page. Glad to know I can avoid the shipping costs now!

huh, really? I never noticed them. I'll keep my eyes open next time I'm there.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

PO'P keeps their shelf items in the back and a list of what they sell on their menu so you have to actually ask for the items.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

b.vicious wrote:
This is very good news indeed; I've been waiting to order some until I needed enough other stuff to justify the shipping!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 am 

veggie galaxy has a deal on groupon today. (i missed the option that wasn't limited to breakfast m-f, so i can't buy one. poops.)
http://www.groupon.com/deals/veggie-gal ... =uu5415349

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 am 
ugh

Boo, wish I'd opened that Groupon email this morning! I might get the other option anyway and use it when I have some time off during the holidays.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm 
WELFARIST!

I wish this happened after I had my paycheck instead of now. Balls.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:48 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Does anyone know anything about the vegan scene in Waltham? I'm not really looking for restaurants, because I have no money, just places where I can find staples that I can't locate at Hannafords. Like egg replacer, Daiya in bulk, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

Not sure, I usually go to my local Shaws for egg replacer and pretty much everything. For Daiya and more variety of veggie burgers, faux meat, etc, I just go to the whole foods at Fresh Pond or in Newton.

Let me know if you find out though, I live in watertown!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

VeganFoodRocks wrote:
Not sure, I usually go to my local Shaws for egg replacer and pretty much everything. For Daiya and more variety of veggie burgers, faux meat, etc, I just go to the whole foods at Fresh Pond or in Newton.

Let me know if you find out though, I live in watertown!

I can't even find faux meats at my Hannafords, beside veggie burgers. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. I'll definitely let you know if I find out more though!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next