| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best Leggings?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:08 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I also got the American Apparel thermal leggings, and I found the fit to be a little odd for my body type. I'm 5'5", about 160 lbs and ordered an XL. The XL size is definitely the right choice for the width of my legs, but the waistband is pretty roomy and they are very long on me so they bunch up a bit at the ankles. They also look sort of strange in the crotch. The tag says they will shrink a bit, so the waistband should fit better, but I don't think that will resolve the ankle bunching because I'm just short. So I guess if you're a couple of inches taller than me and ordering an XL the fit will be a bit better, though truthfully I think they're more like long underwear than leggings I would wear out and about. I actually ordered them to use as PJ bottoms, so none of this is really an issue for me, but I figured I'd share in case anyone my size was thinking of ordering them to wear for a night out on the town or something.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Limone wrote:
I also got the American Apparel thermal leggings, and I found the fit to be a little odd for my body type. I'm 5'5", about 160 lbs and ordered an XL. The XL size is definitely the right choice for the width of my legs, but the waistband is pretty roomy and they are very long on me so they bunch up a bit at the ankles. They also look sort of strange in the crotch. The tag says they will shrink a bit, so the waistband should fit better, but I don't think that will resolve the ankle bunching because I'm just short. So I guess if you're a couple of inches taller than me and ordering an XL the fit will be a bit better, though truthfully I think they're more like long underwear than leggings I would wear out and about. I actually ordered them to use as PJ bottoms, so none of this is really an issue for me, but I figured I'd share in case anyone my size was thinking of ordering them to wear for a night out on the town or something.

This is about the same for me. I'm 5'4 and 145ish and have to pull them up pretty high to not be awkward. I just pull the bunching from the ankles up higher on my legs and it seems to stay there. If I wear them out, the crotch and my upper thighs will be covered, so whatevs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:26 am 
Human Gravy

So I finally got my thermal leggings.

I'm 5'2" and actually have no problem with the leg length. Perhaps this is because I bought the small? Maybe they're shorter?

Anyway, I bought two pairs- black and teal with flowers. The black seem to have an ever so slightly lower-rise than the teal. Both pairs fit like leggings in the leg (are snug), but are loose in the waist/hips/bum. Though this looks odds when wearing a short shirt, I personally don't believe leggings are an adequate substitute for pants, so it's nothing a skirt won't cover. On the bright side, they definitely seem warmer than other leggings I own.

Here's some pics so you can see what they look like.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yeah, those definitely seem to fit you WAY better than the XL fits me. I guess they assume that people who wear an XL have really really long legs! I agree that they're nice and warm... they don't look especially fashionable on me, but I've been wearing them around the house and I love them for that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I ended up ordering two more pairs of those AA leggings. They're comfy as shiitake! I've hung around the house in them, took the dog for walks, slept in them. I'm not sure if I'll ever end up wearing them out, but they're awesome for everything else.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I bought a pair of leggings for $5.99 at TJ Maxx, the brand is American something or other...I like them! They do not roll over like some stuff with elastic waist bands do on me. They had a black cord pair but I noticed they had a hole in them or I would have gotten them as well...

On another TJ Maxx note they had pleather pants and they said vegan on them and no animal skin!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:37 pm 

TJ Maxx does it again. They have Betsey Johnson fleece lined leggings for $5.99 and Hue cord leggings for $19.99! I bought some BJ ones!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:22 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

missmuffcake wrote:
So I went to TJ Maxx today....tons of cute leggings - cord, thermal, jean look, lace inserts - all under $10. The ones I wanted were out of my size - even after looking around the store wishing for a bargain shopping fairy to hook me up!

I am always on the hunt for cute, cheap, high quality leggings/tights for the winter (not that it is even fall yet here in southern cali grrr.) and I always go to TJ Maxx or Marshalls and find the BEST stuff. Ani Sui is a great designer for cute tights, so is Betsy Johnston. I always find the HUE kind there for like $3-5 too, marked down from like $15. Ross also has good deals, but not as good of a selection.

I am am however looking for some super crazy leggings/tights for this winter. I can actually wear a skirt now when I go out, but I need tights! I like Black Milk, they are fun and crazy, but super overpriced.

Does anyone have a (US based, not china) site that they use for crazy (semi cheap) stuff like this?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 pm 
Human Gravy

Chicki wrote:

Does anyone have a (US based, not china) site that they use for crazy (semi cheap) stuff like this?

Someone recommended Sock Dreams in an earlier thread. I haven't ordered from them, but they have some neat stuff. You can even search by "warm!" http://www.sockdreams.com/_pages/index.php

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I love mine from H&M.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Allison, not Alison wrote:
Chicki wrote:

Someone recommended Sock Dreams in an earlier thread. I haven't ordered from them, but they have some neat stuff. You can even search by "warm!" http://www.sockdreams.com/_pages/index.php

I wasted several hours last night drooling over everything at that sight. And they don't even charge for shipping!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Yeah, that sockdreams site is pretty great! Thanks for the link!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm 

I bought a pair of high waisted leggings from American Eagle that fit perfectly-perfect! I am a size 10 and 5'9" and the M size is perfect! Best fitting stretch leggings I bought so far. No drop crotch or roll down waist!