| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bad kitties!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:57 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

linanil wrote:
Last night I had a bed fight with my cat. My cat likes to sleep in between my legs which usually means me sleeping on my stomach. I like sleeping on my stomach but last night I wanted to sleep on my side. Cat pawed my leg (her way of saying 'you need to change positions'). I shooed cat away. We went on for about 5 minutes with her pawing me and me shooing her away. Then I gave up and rolled over.

Ha, that happens to me too. My cat likes it when I sleep on my back so she can lay on my chest. The problem is that sleeping on my back sometimes gives me back pain, so I try and sleep on my side. Nope, she won't have it.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

One of my kitties peed in the bed when he had a bladder infection last month. But now he keeps doing it! Full normal pees. In the bed. The last one was near my head. Does he hate me? :(

I guess I can try locking them out of the bedroom, but that's the only place they can look out the window during the day. And also, I like sleeping with my kitties in the room. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:08 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Chewie is such a diva. He will only drink out of the water bowl if I fill it with fresh water right in front of him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My cat likes to lay on my cookbooks while I am trying to use them to cook dinner.

78265_571547747793_1566110242_o by veganforthewin, on Flickr

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm 
ugh

fisticuffs wrote:
One of my kitties peed in the bed when he had a bladder infection last month. But now he keeps doing it! Full normal pees. In the bed. The last one was near my head. Does he hate me? :(

I guess I can try locking them out of the bedroom, but that's the only place they can look out the window during the day. And also, I like sleeping with my kitties in the room. :(

Maybe you could just keep him out for a couple weeks or so, at least while you're sleeping - it might be long enough for him to give up the habit. During the day you could leave a tarp on the bed if you really want them to be allowed in there.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

lobsteriffic wrote:
linanil wrote:
Last night I had a bed fight with my cat. My cat likes to sleep in between my legs which usually means me sleeping on my stomach. I like sleeping on my stomach but last night I wanted to sleep on my side. Cat pawed my leg (her way of saying 'you need to change positions'). I shooed cat away. We went on for about 5 minutes with her pawing me and me shooing her away. Then I gave up and rolled over.

Ha, that happens to me too. My cat likes it when I sleep on my back so she can lay on my chest. The problem is that sleeping on my back sometimes gives me back pain, so I try and sleep on my side. Nope, she won't have it.

My cat was always trying to sleep on my tummy when I was pregnant. Now that I am nursing, that cat is always touching my boobs when I am trying to sleep and it drives me NUTS!!! It is very uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

b.vicious wrote:
Maybe you could just keep him out for a couple weeks or so, at least while you're sleeping - it might be long enough for him to give up the habit. During the day you could leave a tarp on the bed if you really want them to be allowed in there.

Thanks for the advice!

I tried to get rid of any possible lingering pee smells that might cling to the mattress with baking soda (left it on there for a couple of hours, then vaccuumed it off). When I get up in the morning I remove all the pillows and blankets. I can't cover the bed with anything plastic-y because he likes munching on plastic... It's not food, silly kitty! So far so good... 2 days without pee on the bed. If he does it again I'll do the locking out thing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

fisticuffs wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

I tried to get rid of any possible lingering pee smells that might cling to the mattress with baking soda (left it on there for a couple of hours, then vaccuumed it off). When I get up in the morning I remove all the pillows and blankets. I can't cover the bed with anything plastic-y because he likes munching on plastic... It's not food, silly kitty! So far so good... 2 days without pee on the bed. If he does it again I'll do the locking out thing.

Try the natures miracle spray and a black light to make sure you got it all. We adopted a cat last year and he peed on our bed the first week we had him. And then he kept doing it. We locked him out of the room for a few weeks and used natures miracle on everything. He stopped after that and was fine.

Binx (our newest kitty) is banned from all water other than his bowl at the moment. He keeps sticking his head in glasses and knocking them over. He spilled a huge cup of water all over my photo albums, a book, and my side table. He knocks his water bowl over all the time too. I had to order a special non spill water bowl online, but it hasn't come in yet. The floor in my kitchen where the water bowl is, is ruined!

Bad Kitties!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

So my roommate works a night shift, and arrives home in the wee hours of the morning. I discovered the cat has been sneaking downstairs during that time and asking for food. When I wake up a few hours later, she gets another meal. I don't want to spoil her fun, so I just give her a bit less when I feed her now.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:49 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

What a sneaky kitty!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:29 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

My kitten, Nora, has been jumping up onto the kitchen counter for weeks. I don't really care about the sanitation issues, I have just been worried about her walking across a hot stove burner. I have tried spraying her with water, clapping loudly, yelling "GET OFF OF THERE!", tin foil, etc., and nothing seems to work.

This morning, she jumped DIRECTLY onto the burner I had just used, 5 seconds before. Now my kitchen smells like singed hair. She is noticeably freaked, and her paws seems tender, but she doesn't seem otherwise hurt. Hopefully she learned a lesson.

BAD KITTY.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh no! I am afraid of this happening as well. A few weeks ago I was cooking and had the two front burners on. And Binx jumped up on the counter next to the stove and started walking around trying to climb on the back of the stove! I had to pick him up with one messy hand and a spoon in the other hand and throw him out of the kitchen!

What is wrong with the kitties decision making skills?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:40 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

My late kitty Oscar used to sniff lit candles. Repeatedly. Every time his whiskers would shrivel and he'd jump away, and yet the next time I lit a candle, he'd try to sniff it. I always shooed him away, but whenever my back was turned, he couldn't resist himself. Why? Why?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:37 am 
ugh

b.vicious wrote:
Beebee keeps splashing nearly all the water out of the water dish. We found a bowl that she can't knock over but she still manages to get water EVERYWHERE. It is easy enough to clean up but I'm worried that our 3 cats aren't getting enough to drink because of it.

We finally got a new water fountain, and water was all over the floor within the next couple hours, but it's now a full day later and there is no water on the floor near the fountain or the original water bowl! Hooray!!

In other news, Beebee has taken to destroying every bit of paper or cardboard in the kitchen (next to our bedroom) in the couple hours before we get up and feed the cats. So we have to block off the recycling bin and stash any other papers on high shelves or in cabinets unless we want to find them torn to bits in the morning.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 am 
Bathes in Braggs

lepelaar wrote:
My late kitty Oscar used to sniff lit candles. Repeatedly. Every time his whiskers would shrivel and he'd jump away, and yet the next time I lit a candle, he'd try to sniff it. I always shooed him away, but whenever my back was turned, he couldn't resist himself. Why? Why?

My cat Winston does this. So now I don't light candles. He burnt his whiskers and eyebrows off a few times before I gave up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:47 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My cats are fighting again, and last night I found a pile of poo in one of the corners. I don't know what to do, the litterbox is scooped as soon as they go, so it's not a dirty litterbox issue.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm 

Do you just have the one litter box? Try adding another one, in a location where one cat can't corner the other.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

For all of us with bad kitties who like to knock over water. I just got one of these and it seems to be working! The bowls are small, but I fill both up with water and there is still water left in the bowl when I get home from work.

http://www.neaterfeeder.com/category-s/48.htm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:36 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i cleaned the cat box before i got into the shower. when i pulled back the shower curtain, i found this (spoilered for delicate sensibilities):

Spoiler: show

note that there is poo both inside and outside the box. i don't even know what your game is, ophelia, but i'm starting to think you enjoy the feeling of omnipotence you get while watching me crawl around on my hands and knees scrubbing up your poopy footprints.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:48 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

We had a leaky pipe fixed on friday and they had to tear up the carpet and we haven't had time to properly relay it. For now it's just flipped down so Frisbee can't eat the padding. But now he paws incessantly at the gap of carpet under our bedroom door. So instead of sleeping in I got up to play with him and make coffee. Trying to be a nice cat mom I picked up the edge of the couch to dig out his toys that he'd pushed under there. Something popped in my back and as soon as I go to put the couch back down Frisbee races under there and would not come out. My back is killing me cat! Get the fork out! I eventually had to haul him out by a paw rather than drop the couch on him. So now I feel bad that I hurt him, but at least he has his toys and wasn't squished by a couch. And now he's bounding around the house with his crinkly toy. Pretty fracking cute.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Need I say more...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

acr wrote:
i cleaned the cat box before i got into the shower. when i pulled back the shower curtain, i found this (spoilered for delicate sensibilities):

Spoiler: show

note that there is poo both inside and outside the box. i don't even know what your game is, ophelia, but i'm starting to think you enjoy the feeling of omnipotence you get while watching me crawl around on my hands and knees scrubbing up your poopy footprints.

Lucia does this from time to time and I've wondered what was happening, it she kicked some of it out or what. Then tonight, while I was sitting on the toilet, she came in, got into the covered box, but left her butt and tail sticking out, pooping RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Half of the poop inside the box, half of it outside. Then she got her butt in the box and digged a little before happily jumping out. What's up with this? I need to get a top entered box in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 am 

GraciaKai wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

Try the natures miracle spray and a black light to make sure you got it all. We adopted a cat last year and he peed on our bed the first week we had him. And then he kept doing it. We locked him out of the room for a few weeks and used natures miracle on everything. He stopped after that and was fine.

Oh man my cat is peeing on the bed and I'm so frustrated. Been to the vet and there is nothing wrong. We washed everything and my mattress had a waterproof cover, so I know there is not lingering smells, and we covered it with a plastic shower curtain tonight. Guess what? Peed on the shower curtain. My problem is that I live in a small apartment with a baby so I can't add litter pans and the one that I have is in the bedroom, so locking her out of the bedroom isn't an option.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I woke up in the middle of the night with a piercing pain in my lip. Blood. Guess someone's nails ended up in there somehow, but they were all napping peacefully (or pretend napping!). I don't know what happened, so I'll just blame all of them. BAD KITTIES! It hurts pretty badly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

fisticuffs wrote:
I woke up in the middle of the night with a piercing pain in my lip. Blood. Guess someone's nails ended up in there somehow, but they were all napping peacefully (or pretend napping!). I don't know what happened, so I'll just blame all of them. BAD KITTIES! It hurts pretty badly.

Ouch! BAD KITTIES!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next